Thursday Night Football~Colts vs. Jags

Yet he has a ring and owns every major record a Passing QB can hold. Picks didn't really seem to slow him down a whole lot.

But have to factor in how long he has played.

Trevor Hoffman has the most saves of all time by any pitcher, but I still think Rivera is the best closer ever.

I f he only owned one record, then I could buy that argument. But he owns all of them, good and bad. You can't fault the guy for being thorough. :lol:

Yes. That is why they named the fucking award after him.

Is Hank Aaron the best offensive player in history?

Different context. Hitters don't influence a game like a QB or a Starting pitcher.

reason I asked about Young, is he holds the record for wins AND losses.

I think Brady or Montana would have beaten Dallas in 92-94. Only reasons the packers won anything are Jerry Jones' self-destructive ego and Michael Irvin's nose.

Is Hank Aaron the best offensive player in history?

Different context. Hitters don't influence a game like a QB or a Starting pitcher.

I think Brady or Montana would have beaten Dallas in 92-94. Only reasons the packers won anything are Jerry Jones' self-destructive ego and Michael Irvin's nose.

I never neg rep for comments about sports, but that is just fucked up. You just credited my Pack's Super Bowl win to Jerry Fucking Jones. Thems fightin' words. :lol:

I never neg rep for comments about sports, but that is just fucked up. You just credited my Pack's Super Bowl win to Jerry Fucking Jones. Thems fightin' words. :lol:

I'm a Bears fan. I'm probably not a good judge of how good Favre is. that Fuckstain Dave Wannstedt never took that rivalry seriously.

Having watched a few Colts games this season I don't know how their fans can be confident heading into the playoffs especially with Manning's tendency to choke in the postseaon.

Actually, I think the Vikings have a good shot at beating the Saints.

Have you looked at his stats lately?

Who Cy Young or Favre? Because Cy Young isn't nearly as good as he used to be, but its still hard to argue wth 511 wins in 21 years of pitching. :lol:

lol ... Cy Young's ...

His stat sheet doesn't exactly overwhelm me.

That's the problem with these best player ever lists. They never take the time or rules or anything into context. Every QB list out there is filled with QB's from the modern era. Joe Namath revolutionized the forward pass. Bart Starr was the best ball distributor that the NFL had seen before '56. Kenny Stabler led the way for guys like Randall Cunningham by showing that the QB didn't just have to stand in the pocket and take a hit. Thats just 3 guys from BAMA, there are examples throughout history. That is why I don't make lists. I just kick back with a beer and watch the game that I love and the players who make it great, no matter what Elvis thinks about them. :lol:

Who Cy Young or Favre? Because Cy Young isn't nearly as good as he used to be, but its still hard to argue wth 511 wins in 21 years of pitching. :lol:

lol ... Cy Young's ...

That's the problem with these best player ever lists. They never take the time or rules or anything into context. Every QB list out there is filled with QB's from the modern era. Joe Namath revolutionized the forward pass. Bart Starr was the best ball distributor that the NFL had seen before '56. Kenny Stabler led the way for guys like Randall Cunningham by showing that the QB didn't just have to stand in the pocket and take a hit. Thats just 3 guys from BAMA, there are examples throughout history. That is why I don't make lists. I just kick back with a beer and watch the game that I love and the players who make it great, no matter what Elvis thinks about them. :lol:

if the vikings and colts make it, I'm rooting for Favre for the first time ever.

lol ... Cy Young's ...

if the vikings and colts make it, I'm rooting for Favre for the first time ever.

Can the Super Bowl end in a tie?

Can the Super Bowl end in a tie?

Nope. If it happened John Madden's head would implode, especially if it were a game involving Brett Favre.

Aye ... they do. I still think New Orleans wins it all this year.

Minnesota has the best defense of the teams that will be in the playoffs but they can be picked apart in the passing game. If Brees is hot and they can run the ball, then New Orleans has a good chance of winning. Plus, I am not convinced of the Viking's coaches.

Minnesota has the best defense of the teams that will be in the playoffs but they can be picked apart in the passing game. If Brees is hot and they can run the ball, then New Orleans has a good chance of winning. Plus, I am not convinced of the Viking's coaches.

how many losses do Vikes have?

The problem with the Vikes is that if the passing game starts to fail, then AP takes the ball to pound town. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think the Vikes are better than the Saints. Saints win a playoff game between the two though. If for no other reason then because the Saints want it more.

Forum List

Back