Thursday.....Can't Wait!

Last night.....two massive HRs from Stanton.....

HH44LUK23VB7DAOMAXUJFKCQXA.JPG

Lookin' for a new HR record this year...again....from the Yanks.

Put those Sox in their place!!!

I thought that was the day the Islanders were going to smoke the Rangers.

Yes I went there!

To laughter and contempt, that she may feel
How sharper than a serpent's tooth it is
To have a thankless child!.....

....or, an Islander's fan!

"Nation's Faith In Goodness Of God Restored As Baseball Season Arrives
March 28th, 2019
article-3937-1.jpg

U.S.—The country's long-lost faith in the everlasting goodness and love of God has been miraculously restored overnight, as the nation woke up to discover that baseball season had arrived at last.

After a long, dark period of doubt in which Americans had to endure football and basketball and pretend to understand that weird Canadian game with the flat ball on the ice, Major League Baseball's latest season returned, dispelling the nation's fear that God had abandoned them forever.

"This is irrefutable proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy," said one man as he prepared to walk into the stadium to see the Angels play the A's Thursday afternoon. "I've never been much of a religious guy, but now I know for sure that there is a good, loving God in heaven who pours out His common grace on the just and the unjust alike."

"Praise God from whom all baseball flows," he added.

The nation has also developed a passion for missions, praying that other countries like Great Britain would repent of their bizarre cricket game and come to love God's favorite sport."
Nation's Faith In Goodness Of God Restored As Baseball Season Arrives

If any proof was necessary that there is a God, and he wants us to be happy.......consider the quandary I faced: NYRanger's game began at 12:30....

....and the Yankee game 1:00-4:00

What to do???

Burn out the remote????

Then.....the Heavens opened up....."Rain Delay".....

Hallelujah!!!!
Get to watch the Ranger game and then the Yanks!!!!

Wait, you're a yankee fan?

YOU are dead to Me.

Pop-Quiz:

Which U.S. professional sports team has the most championships?

New York Yankees

Boston Celtics

Detroit Red Wings

Dallas Cowboys

Take your time.....

YOU are dead to Me.

Pop-Quiz:

New York Yankees

Boston Celtics

Detroit Red Wings

Dallas Cowboys

Take your time.....
Why? Fandom is not a rational concept. People like who they like, regardless. Of those listed, how many have spent the most for talent?

It isn't how good or bad the team is, but the level of fanaticism that is exhibited by the crazies who support those teams.

At the end of the day, it is still just a game played by grown men.

YOU are dead to Me.

Pop-Quiz:

New York Yankees

Boston Celtics

Detroit Red Wings

Dallas Cowboys

Take your time.....
Why? Fandom is not a rational concept. People like who they like, regardless. Of those listed, how many have spent the most for talent?

It isn't how good or bad the team is, but the level of fanaticism that is exhibited by the crazies who support those teams.

Hate to be serious in this thread....but you misinterpret what sports are.

It is stylized, compartmentalized warfare.

And that even begins with board games like chess,....'checkmate' is from the Persian for 'the king is dead.'

Human beings are hardwired blood-thirsty warriors....I recommend

51wG1ITOWmL._SX300_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

....and, you might be interested in Stewart's aptly titled

51uAVvlqGsL.jpg

YOU are dead to Me.

Pop-Quiz:

New York Yankees

Boston Celtics

Detroit Red Wings

Dallas Cowboys

Take your time.....

And that even begins with board games like chess,....'checkmate' is from the Persian for 'the king is dead.'

51uAVvlqGsL.jpg
No thanks. I understand the human animal and its hardwired need for competition. That is why My heroes are the people who don't have a calling for hitting little white balls thrown at them, but for understanding biology and how to help little children who have a serious disease, or birth defects, or just straight up dexterity to perform surgery to save lives.

Would that we put our instinct to be better than the next guy into worthwhile vocations. No, I'm not advocating for someone to pay for that either.

But to Me, sports are a sometimes fun distraction from the rigors of trying to survive in our society and provides some stress relief. Sports, however; will never be something to be fanatical about. I have My favorite sports teams, like everyone else. I don't ever, and I mean ever, get upset when they don't win.

They are useful though in teaching our young the benefits of cooperation in a team environment; which is something that everyone must have skill at in today's workplace needs.

My initial response to you in this thread was a tongue~n~cheek attempt to tease you a little bit because I've found that Yankee fans are some of the most rabid of them all.

I would never actually ignore and have nothing to do with you, or anyone, because of the sports team they favor.

Well, except the SJ Sharks. :aug08_031:

YOU are dead to Me.

Pop-Quiz:

New York Yankees

Boston Celtics

Detroit Red Wings

Dallas Cowboys

Take your time.....

51uAVvlqGsL.jpg
No thanks. I understand the human animal and its hardwired need for competition. That is why My heroes are the people who don't have a calling for hitting little white balls thrown at them, but for understanding biology and how to help little children who have a serious disease, or birth defects, or just straight up dexterity to perform surgery to save lives.

Would that we put our instinct to be better than the next guy into worthwhile vocations. No, I'm not advocating for someone to pay for that either.

But to Me, sports are a sometimes fun distraction from the rigors of trying to survive in our society and provides some stress relief. Sports, however; will never be something to be fanatical about. I have My favorite sports teams, like everyone else. I don't ever, and I mean ever, get upset when they don't win.

They are useful though in teaching our young the benefits of cooperation in a team environment; which is something that everyone must have skill at in today's workplace needs.

My initial response to you in this thread was a tongue~n~cheek attempt to tease you a little bit because I've found that Yankee fans are some of the most rabid of them all.

I would never actually ignore and have nothing to do with you, or anyone, because of the sports team they favor.

Well, except the SJ Sharks. :aug08_031:

I feel I have a warrior's soul

And, am a rabid sports fan.

I find those two sentiments related.

BTW....I caught your tongue-in-cheek earlier.

Forum List

Back