Throw Them ALL Out

A spokesman for Mr. Boehner said he couldn't comment on the trip for security reasons. A spokeswoman for Mr. Shelby said the same....

Yeah... job security.

Who would have thought when they passed the Economic Stimulus Bill and told us transportation would benefit that they meant this kind of transportation?

Immie

Last edited:
I don't know if that is the line of thinking with Annie. I don't know her. What you said is very popular amongst the masses though. Party A does not like how Party B votes, so Party A wants to put restrictions on who Party B can vote for. And this authoritarian mindset is pushed under the auspices of small government. It is anything but.

I wasn't necessarily thinking in partisan terms, although I'm sure that's part of it. IMO people just don't want to think they voted for a crook. That would be admitting bad judgment.

And to clarify, I wasn't trying to include Annie in my observation. I don't really know anybody yet. Just saying the majority of people who say "Throw the Bums out" rarely do.

Wow! I think this is my first tangential post mention. Damn. :eusa_angel:

First time for everything! :lol:

I wasn't necessarily thinking in partisan terms, although I'm sure that's part of it. IMO people just don't want to think they voted for a crook. That would be admitting bad judgment.

And to clarify, I wasn't trying to include Annie in my observation. I don't really know anybody yet. Just saying the majority of people who say "Throw the Bums out" rarely do.

Wow! I think this is my first tangential post mention. Damn. :eusa_angel:

First time for everything! :lol:

I'm like feeling like a virgin. ;)

why do they need any? if public planes are not safe enough for them...they need to be working on that...not chartering or buying private jets...just where do they need to go that damned bad?
They need to be driving the powder blue prius' to and from their districts....

To the degree that I'm hearing this "throw them all out" from both repubs and dems AND independents, I think just about everyone is ready to vote dems and repubs out alike. The problem will be the lack of new blood to take their places that fit the profile of what people want.

To the degree that I'm hearing this "throw them all out" from both repubs and dems AND independents, I think just about everyone is ready to vote dems and repubs out alike. The problem will be the lack of new blood to take their places that fit the profile of what people want.

But Throwing the Current out for what?...

The way I am Reading the Right is that the Pool is NOT Conservative enough...

And the same with the Left...

So whoever would Win that Power Struggle would either Move the Country Further to the Left of Barry, or back to the Right of... Well, just about anybody at this point.

My bet is that the Liberals who are Complaining right now Feel that Barry isn't doing enough, so there isn't some Concensus no where the Country should go from here, to the Contrary, MeThinks there is a Possibility of a Massive Shift one way or the other.

Further to the Left will be Catastrophic for this REPUBLIC, which is what some on the Far "Right", or Conservative, or whatever, want to Happen because they Beleive it will leave them Oppurtunity to Illustrate why Liberalism Fails...

I wouldn't be so Sure that this would be the Outcome...

As a Matter of Fact, MeThinks that it would only Solidify a Dependency Base for the Left...

One that can be Easily Bussed from the Gubmn't Paid Housing to the Polls every other Year.

Interesting Times for this REPUBLIC in Deed.

:)

peace...

You have a point here.
Still, it would be nice if things worked the way they were supposed to and the servants actually obeyed the masters who wrote them big fat taxpayer checks, wouldn't it?

We are a Realtively Wealthy and Apathetic Society... This Recession will be the Best Oppurtinity for Fixing some of the Problems with this System...

My Guess is that the Recession will End and Most who are Bitching now will get back to it...

I "Hope" I am Wrong and the People will Use this Time to their Advantage.

Not much you and I can do about it but Talk to those we Know.

The "Bums" aren't all going to get "Thrown Out", so we had better be doing some More Realistic things towards REAL "Change"...

peace...
actually, we need to increase the size of the House of Reps
so each rep doesnt represent as many people and can be closer to those that actually elect them
i'm not sure what size would be better, but i would say it needs to be expanded by at least 50%
that would make it harder for lobbyists to buy up all of them

I totally agree with that sentiment.

We ought to have a REP for every 20,000 people in my opinion.

FWIW, I also think we ought to have 5 Senators per state, too.

We are a Realtively Wealthy and Apathetic Society... This Recession will be the Best Oppurtinity for Fixing some of the Problems with this System...

My Guess is that the Recession will End and Most who are Bitching now will get back to it...

The "Bums" aren't all going to get "Thrown Out", so we had better be doing some More Realistic things towards REAL "Change"...

peace...
so each rep doesnt represent as many people and can be closer to those that actually elect them
i'm not sure what size would be better, but i would say it needs to be expanded by at least 50%

Adjusting the Senate is also a Good Idea.

peace...

peace...

no, i think the 2 senators per state should remain
but go back to being appointed by the governors and confirmed by the legislatures
so that they are actually representing the STATE government like it was intended

and 20k per rep?
with 300 MILLION people?
you want 15k reps?

Last edited:
One has to laugh just a little.. as we watch these snakes in D.C. squirm as the "unwashed masses" (remember Harry Ried could smell 'em) start questioning the "wisdom" of what they are attempting to do.
How dare these unwashed masses!!

One has to laugh just a little.. as we watch these snakes in D.C. squirm as the "unwashed masses" (remember Harry Ried could smell 'em) start questioning the "wisdom" of what they are attempting to do.
How dare these unwashed masses!!

Yes, how dare they act like those elected officials work for THEM... :eusa_eh:

but go back to being appointed by the governors and confirmed by the legislatures
so that they are actually representing the STATE government like it was intended

and 20k per rep?
with 300 MILLION people?
you want 15k reps?

15k is a bit much. Although all the new big tops and clown cars they'd have to order for all those new jokers could be considered economic stimulus. Hmmm...
But the ratio needs to be evened out among States. The number of constitutents per Representative should be calculated for every District and the whole country reapportioned to match the best currently existing ratio (I'll have to look it up, but I think as of the last census that was in Wyoming). If that means adding a few hundred, that's fine with me.

and 20k per rep?
with 300 MILLION people?
you want 15k reps?

15k is a bit much. Although all the new big tops and clown cars they'd have to order for all those new jokers could be considered economic stimulus. Hmmm...
But the ratio needs to be evened out among States. The number of constitutents per Representative should be calculated for every District and the whole country reapportioned to match the best currently existing ratio (I'll have to look it up, but I think as of the last census that was in Wyoming). If that means adding a few hundred, that's fine with me.
i could see adding about another 168 to the House of Represenitives
and to just adjust down the number each on represents
some states would gain more than others
but it would give them all a better chance to have someone they might actually meet and get to know

and 20k per rep?
with 300 MILLION people?
you want 15k reps?

but it would give them all a better chance to have someone they might actually meet and get to know

I'm wondering how you arrived at 168. But I'm going to be worthless tomorrow at work already, so I suppose I can wait for the answer. ;)

I'm wondering how you arrived at 168. But I'm going to be worthless tomorrow at work already, so I suppose I can wait for the answer. ;)
increasing the number by 50%
:D

but you wouldnt have to twist my arm to up it to 200
but anything more than that and i would begin to not like it

Last edited:

Now there's a D'oh! moment if I ever had one. :redface:

For me it's the principle, not the final number (within reason of course). Representation should be as equal as we can make it, but I'd rather add to improve some than than subtract to detract from others.

Time to toddle off to dreamland for me. Should have done it two hours ago. Meant to do it an hour ago. This place needs a warning label. ;)

Be well!

Now there's a D'oh! moment if I ever had one. :redface:

For me it's the principle, not the final number (within reason of course). Representation should be as equal as we can make it, but I'd rather add to improve some than than subtract to detract from others.

Time to toddle off to dreamland for me. Should have done it two hours ago. Meant to do it an hour ago. This place needs a warning label. ;)

Be well!
equal by population in the House, equal by state in the senate

Forum List

Back