Throw Them ALL Out

Nope, it's both Democrats and Republicans. They are all wanting to be our daddy, then leave us at home while they party it up. They are not a good daddy. We are all Cinderella's and Cinderfella's, but there isn't a prince or princesses coming to save us!
that was sarcasm ;)

DC we nearly always agree on substance if not how to present the message, but that looked to me like pure partisan post, not sarcasm. Sorry if I read it wrong, but still does.
it was a sarcastic dig at bones, ;)
i just forgot the ;)

535 People in Congress... They aren't going to Find ANYTHING Collectively.

It's a Nice Thought, but it's little More than Emoting... That I am in Agreement with you about, but Emoting all the same.

:)

peace...

You have a point here.
Still, it would be nice if things worked the way they were supposed to and the servants actually obeyed the masters who wrote them big fat taxpayer checks, wouldn't it?

We are a Realtively Wealthy and Apathetic Society... This Recession will be the Best Oppurtinity for Fixing some of the Problems with this System...

My Guess is that the Recession will End and Most who are Bitching now will get back to it...

I "Hope" I am Wrong and the People will Use this Time to their Advantage.

Not much you and I can do about it but Talk to those we Know.

The "Bums" aren't all going to get "Thrown Out", so we had better be doing some More Realistic things towards REAL "Change"...

peace...
actually, we need to increase the size of the House of Reps
so each rep doesnt represent as many people and can be closer to those that actually elect them
i'm not sure what size would be better, but i would say it needs to be expanded by at least 50%
that would make it harder for lobbyists to buy up all of them

535 People in Congress... They aren't going to Find ANYTHING Collectively.

It's a Nice Thought, but it's little More than Emoting... That I am in Agreement with you about, but Emoting all the same.

peace...

You have a point here.
Still, it would be nice if things worked the way they were supposed to and the servants actually obeyed the masters who wrote them big fat taxpayer checks, wouldn't it?

We are a Realtively Wealthy and Apathetic Society... This Recession will be the Best Oppurtinity for Fixing some of the Problems with this System...

My Guess is that the Recession will End and Most who are Bitching now will get back to it...

The "Bums" aren't all going to get "Thrown Out", so we had better be doing some More Realistic things towards REAL "Change"...

peace...

I too think we are coming out of the recession, though I'm hopeful that both cap and trade/health care will keep people involved. I'm pretty confident that thanks to the over reaction of the Democrats, those dissed will pay heed. But lord knows, I've been wrong before in people staying involved with the system.

You have a point here.

peace...
so each rep doesnt represent as many people and can be closer to those that actually elect them
i'm not sure what size would be better, but i would say it needs to be expanded by at least 50%

Dilute the money, good idea.
It would also be good to address the representative disparity from State to State. Maybe we can attack gerrymandering and closed taxpayer-funded primaries while we're at it? :eusa_whistle:

You have a point here.

peace...

That's an Excellent Idea... One that I Beleive the Founders would have Supported.

I wonder if they ever Imagined America being 300 Million?... And as Prosperous as we are?...

peace...

peace...

It would also be good to address the representative disparity from State to State. Maybe we can attack gerrymandering and closed taxpayer-funded primaries while we're at it? :eusa_whistle:
the way to solve SOME of the gerrymandering would be to require geographic boundaries and eliminate asking race/ethnic questions on the Census
but there is no way to completely eliminate the gerrymandering
they will still try to do it
on BOTH sides

the way to solve SOME of the gerrymandering would be to require geographic boundaries and eliminate asking race/ethnic questions on the Census
but there is no way to completely eliminate the gerrymandering
they will still try to do it
on BOTH sides

MeThinks the White Liberals with all of the Misplaced Guilt will not be in Line with you on that, Dive... ;)

peace...

What is the next step after kicking every single person out of office?

It is one thing to say, "our employees ( as a whole ) are out of control." It is quite another to have a method for removing the bad, and making sure that the same abusive mentality and philosophy is not hired again.

Last edited:

It is one thing to say, "our employees ( as a whole ) are out of control." It is quite another to have a method for removing the bad, and making sure that the same abusive mentality and philosophy is not hired again.

Stagger their terms, as did the framers way back when.

congress terms are not staggered and never have been
senators are as is president

What are you referring to with the framers exactly? They did not have staggering term limits, if that is what you are speaking to.

As a whole, we have pathetic employees, due to pathetic employers. The core problem is not the employees. They are merely a fruit of the root problem. The root problem is the employers of this Republic. In my opinion, that is where the focus needs to be. Playing musical chairs serves no real purpose other than keeping the chairs from getting dry rot.

If Annie is talking about term limits, there was a time when there were no term limits at all. The employers were in full control of that. I agree with that method.

What are you referring to with the framers exactly? They did not have staggering term limits, if that is what you are speaking to.

As a whole, we have pathetic employees, due to pathetic employers. The core problem is not the employees. They are merely a fruit of the root problem. The root problem is the employers of this Republic. In my opinion, that is where the focus needs to be. Playing musical chairs serves no real purpose other than keeping the chairs from getting dry rot.

The problem is all the people who think the way the OP on this thread thinks, but then say "but MY Congressperson isn't like that". Most of the time, they're wrong. Not sure what to do about that, but them and the habitual voters are a big part of the problem.

The problem is all the people who think the way the OP on this thread thinks, but then say "but MY Congressperson isn't like that". Most of the time, they're wrong. Not sure what to do about that, but them and the habitual voters are a big part of the problem.

And that is the problem.

If Annie is talking about term limits, there was a time when there were no term limits at all. The employers were in full control of that. I agree with that method.

If term limits are enacted then there should be some sort of grace period. When I referred to the framers, the house was given staggered terms, to get them in a 2 year cycle.

I don't know if that is the line of thinking with Annie. I don't know her. What you said is very popular amongst the masses though. Party A does not like how Party B votes, so Party A wants to put restrictions on who Party B can vote for. And this authoritarian mindset is pushed under the auspices of small government. It is anything but.

If term limits are enacted then there should be some sort of grace period. When I referred to the framers, the house was given staggered terms, to get them in a 2 year cycle.

Why do you want to have the federal government tell me who I can and can't vote for? Would you like it, if I came to your house and told you what you could and couldn't do? I doubt it.

Term limits don't solve the core problem. Term limits say, " I don't know what I am doing and I want the federal government to wipe my butt for me." is that the kind of message you want to send to pathetic employees? That is asking for more abuse.

I don't know if that is the line of thinking with Annie. I don't know her. What you said is very popular amongst the masses though. Party A does not like how Party B votes, so Party A wants to put restrictions on who Party B can vote for. And this authoritarian mindset is pushed under the auspices of small government. It is anything but.

I wasn't necessarily thinking in partisan terms, although I'm sure that's part of it. IMO people just don't want to think they voted for a crook. That would be admitting bad judgment.

And to clarify, I wasn't trying to include Annie in my observation. I don't really know anybody yet. Just saying the majority of people who say "Throw the Bums out" rarely do.

I wasn't necessarily thinking in partisan terms, although I'm sure that's part of it. IMO people just don't want to think they voted for a crook. That would be admitting bad judgment.

And to clarify, I wasn't trying to include Annie in my observation. I don't really know anybody yet. Just saying the majority of people who say "Throw the Bums out" rarely do.

Wow! I think this is my first tangential post mention. Damn. :eusa_angel:

Forum List

Back