Throw Sarah from the Train

I don't always agree with Chris Mathews, but what he said to a Republican guest the other day was right on:

"the Dems on their worst, most vile day, could never do to Governor Palin what you guys have done in the last 48 hours !"

Let's review what republican operatives have done in the last few days:

Called her the Hill Billy from Wasilla

Callled her a whackjob

called her a Diva

Claimed she didn't know Africa was comprised of countries

Implied she didn't know what countries were in north america

Humiliated her, by claiming they had to send a Repo man to alaska to retrieve the Neiman Marcus close that she kept.

Claimed she walked around half nude in front of McCain staff.

I'm sure there's more

I don't always agree with Chris Mathews, but what he said to a Republican guest the other day was right on:

"the Dems on their worst, most vile day, could never do to Governor Palin what you guys have done in the last 48 hours !"

Let's review what republican operatives have done in the last few days:

Called her the Hill Billy from Wasilla

Callled her a whackjob

called her a Diva

Claimed she didn't know Africa was comprised of countries

Implied she didn't know what countries were in north america

Humiliated her, by claiming they had to send a Repo man to alaska to retrieve the Neiman Marcus clothes close that she kept.

Claimed she walked around half nude in front of McCain staff.

I'm sure there's more

The moderator was from PBS. I hardly think PBS is the "THEY(the media)."

I've never seen anyone just go off and debate on her own tangent. It's the most idiotic thing I've ever seen....

I dont see the point in a debate if the canidate fails to answer the question and instead pops off with RNC talking points that are off subject. If a canidate cannot handle the debate then they cannot handle the job.

Palin is an ignoramous, but compared to the nitwits who selected her?

She's freakin' genius!

I have to wonder if the left would be blaming Joe Biden and his "he'll be tested", "FDR was on TV", "stand up chuck", "this is great ice cream", and any other number of idiotic things that Biden said on the stump?

Personally I don't think they would be.

Did Edwards get blamed when Kerry lost? Did Liberman when Gore lost?

Perhaps if it hadn't been a trouncing the Republicans wouldn't feel the need to place blame on Sarah.

If she went off the reservation it was McCain's job to reign her in. If he couldn't then he's an ineffective leader and deserved to lose. If she was following instructions with the Obama comments (which McCain himself jumped on too) then the campaign should just accept their defeat and go back and reevaluate how they campaign.

Sarah Palin was an inexperienced national leader. Ill-prepared for the glare of the national media and that was McCain's fault for not preparing her better. IF he knew he was picking her, she should've been being prepared back in July or August. That is what makes me believe she was a last minute pick made in an effort to blunt the effect of Obama's awe inspiring speech and appearance before 80K people at his convention. It worked briefly. But McCain's whole problem throughout the campaign was that he never saw past the next day and the next poll results.

McCain ran an unorganized and disjointed campaign. Sarah Palin was probably the most consistent thing about his campaign. She stayed on message and she drove that message home.

McCain couldn't draw a crowd on 1,100 people in Tampa Bay... Sarah drew 60K. Do the math.

:clap2::clap2: Well said.

Palin is an ignoramous, but compared to the nitwits who selected her?

She's freakin' genius!

Leave it to Editec to sum up three pages of randomness. Exactly, my friend! For the GOP to try to use Palin as a scapegoat is the exact reason the GOP is in the terrible shape they are in.

They refuse to look at who they are and do anything about it. The GOP considers itself the party of the "Blue Blood." Well, guess what? The US is becoming less and less homogenous. "Blue Blood" alone will never elect another President.

more bullshit from you
like always

BS yourself. She didn't answer the questions because she didn't have the curiousity, intellect or ability to do so. If you want to join her cheerleading squad, get out your pompoms, but don't try and pull the wool over others' eyes with your one-eyed opinion of a dipshit...

BS yourself. She didn't answer the questions because she didn't have the curiousity, intellect or ability to do so. If you want to join her cheerleading squad, get out your pompoms, but don't try and pull the wool over others' eyes with your one-eyed opinion of a dipshit...
she DID answer the question, you asshole
just not the way you assholes wanted

she DID answer the question, you asshole
just not the way you assholes wanted

Ah Ok. So if you say to me "Hey Grump, what's the name of first president of the United States" and I go "Well, I'm not gonna answer that question, but I'll tell you what, General Custer lost his life at the Battle of the Little Big Horn."

Now, I've answered a question, but gone completely off track. She didn't answer because she couldn't because she didn't know. I watched parts fo the debate on Youtube last night just to refresh my memory, and yep, she just kept on repeating the same points over and over again.

You do realise the whole point of a debate is to find out somebody's stance on important issues, right? And if they don't answer those questions then their credibility is all up the wazoo..(Not that she had every had any)..

Forum List

Back