Throw Sarah from the Train

I don't think that McCain lost because of Palin. There were simply too many headwinds against any Republican candidate.

However, since she turned off independents, she didn't help the ticket either. McCain could have picked a better conservative who actually looked like they were qualified to lead the country.

Palin lacked knowledge on foreign affairs, but McCain aides should watch what they say because their canidate is dumb as a doorknob when it comes to economics [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KCy2kDqtEg]YouTube - John McCain Discusses Taxes With Fox's Neil Cavuto[/ame]

Its hard to feel sorry for Sarah Palin, after she called Obama a marxist, terrorist, and half the country anti-american. Fuck her.

And yet still, this is just wrong. Its so typical. The rich white guys blaming the woman or the minority for their blunders. Sarah Palin didn't have anything to do with launching the appalling Iraq war, enacting deregulation schemes, or budget busting tax cuts for the rich. She may have been cheerleading them from the sidelines, but it was McCain, Bush and Cheney that were at the steering wheel driving us over the cliff. McCain and his hack staff have no one to blame but themselves. Calling her the "Hillbilly from Wasilla", a "whack job" and a "diva"? No Democratic politician or inside operative ever had the nerve to call her those names, and they would have been roasted if they did. I don't see McCain coming to her defense. I wonder if the bitter old man really is happy with diverting the blame onto her.

That old man is the ass wipe that picked her. What the fuck do he or his staff have to complain about? It was their job to vett her, and if the Katie Couric interview was any indication, a 15 minute conversation with Sarah was enough to judge that she was no potential president.

Always with the white guys blaming other people. Blaming people from outside the white male club and outside the inner circle. I think Palin is an extemist theocrat, but I almost feel kind of sorry for her that the old guard white males are blaming their failures on her.

Last edited:
David,

You can't be this dumb

You really believe she didn't know Africa was a continent? You are really going to believe waht anonymous is sayign about her.

This is why I don't believe any of that shithighly classified military issues, homeland security, and counter terrorism?

forget africa, they said she didn't know basic shit on how the government is runned, she was a mayor now a gov, plz, does anyone believe that.
the mccain camp is bitter, b/c we all know they ran a shitty campaign
i mean it was horrible, therefore they need to clean the mess by blaming sarah, so they can have a chance if they want another job again

forget africa, they said she didn't know basic shit on how the government is runned, she was a mayor now a gov, plz, does anyone believe that.
the mccain camp is bitter, b/c we all know they ran a shitty campaign
i mean it was horrible, therefore they need to clean the mess by blaming sarah, so they can have a chance if they want another job again

In case you didn't notice, she happened to have been a part of that shitty campaign. :eusa_whistle:

Only 20% of GOP voters say Palin hurt the party’s ticket, according to a new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey. Six percent (6%) say she had no impact, and five percent (5%) are undecided.

Ninety-one percent (91%) of Republicans have a favorable view of Palin, including 65% who say their view is Very Favorable. Only eight percent (8%) have an unfavorable view of her, including three percent (3%) Very Unfavorable.

When asked to choose among some of the GOP’s top names for their choice for the party’s 2012 presidential nominee, 64% say Palin. The next closest contenders are two former governors and unsuccessful challengers for the presidential nomination this year -- Mike Huckabee of Arkansas with 12% support and Mitt Romney of Massachusetts with 11%.

Rasmussen Reports: The most comprehensive public opinion coverage ever provided for a presidential election.

Palin's popularity is tangible. She struck a chord with people, she's genuine. She's a Washington outsider which is a breath of fresh air. Her numbers reflect this. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if she bagged the whole Washington scene after how she was/is being treated. Then again, she's tough as nails.

David,

You can't be this dumb

You really believe she didn't know Africa was a continent? You are really going to believe waht anonymous is sayign about her.

This is why I don't believe any of that shit

THousands of reporters were sent to Alaska when she was picked to dig up dirt.

What did they find?
NOTHING

They found jack shit on her, not that she was stupid, was a shopaholic, nothing. Now after the campign all this shit comes out from someone who refuses to reveal their name.

Sorry, don't buy it.

She is college educated and a governor. You do know that the Alaskan Governor is the only governor that routinely gets briefed on
highly classified military issues, homeland security, and counter terrorism?

Andrew,

You can't be this dumb.

I absolutely believe she didn't know Africa was a continent. When she debated Biden she openly said she wasn't going answer the questions put to her (especially the hard ones), why? Because she wanted to get her own message across? Thought they weren't worthwhile? No. Anybody with an IQ over 70 knows she wouldn't asnwer those questions because she isn't intelligent enough.

College educated? Wow, she must be bright. I've seen on-line college degrees with more credibility than the one Palin has.

George Bush was briefed on terrorist threats to the US a month before 9-11......:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
Andrew,

You can't be this dumb.

I absolutely believe she didn't know Africa was a continent. When she debated Biden she openly said she wasn't going answer the questions put to her (especially the hard ones), why? Because she wanted to get her own message across? Thought they weren't worthwhile? No. Anybody with an IQ over 70 knows she wouldn't asnwer those questions because she couldn't because she isn't intelligent enough.

College educated? Wow, she must be bright. I've seen on-line college degrees with more credibility than the one Palin has.

George Bush was briefed on terrorist threats to the US a month before 9-11......:eusa_whistle:

What about Biden, a history major who thinks FDR was on television in 1929.

Andrew,

You can't be this dumb.

I absolutely believe she didn't know Africa was a continent. When she debated Biden she openly said she wasn't going answer the questions put to her (especially the hard ones), why? Because she wanted to get her own message across? Thought they weren't worthwhile? No. Anybody with an IQ over 70 knows she wouldn't asnwer those questions because she couldn't because she isn't intelligent enough.

that is a flat out LIE

she said she wasnt going to answer the questions the way THEY(the media) wanted her to

that is a flat out LIE

she said she wasnt going to answer the questions the way THEY(the media) wanted her to

The moderator was from PBS. I hardly think PBS is the "THEY(the media)."

I've never seen anyone just go off and debate on her own tangent. It's the most idiotic thing I've ever seen....

David, mccain's campaign was DEAD before Palin came along, she brought him back from the DEAD.

Then she did alienate alot of potential voters, but not any worse than mccain was doing already.

there was no reason for the 'right' to come out and vote...many did not want mccain as their candidate, it was a very apathetic republican constituancy.

Instead, 58 million people came out and voted for them....that's alot of people.

Now, do I think it was a terrible choice? Yes, I do personally believe such...and just never, ever felt she was qualified for the position....she was just way too green in many areas of importance....and she later became too divisive for my taste...

but she did help bring the phoenix out of the ashes and gave him life again, for those that liked her and had her same positions on issues.

I think in hindsite, palin was the wrong pick for him, and Romney, with the stock market crash, housing crisis, and banking credit crisis.... could have helped him be pulled up the boot straps....but like i said, that was in hindsite.

Care

McCain was my pick long before Palin. I saw first hand what a change it made in the campaign. I volunteered 10-20 hours a week at a local office from July 10Th until Tues. We couldn't give away signs before her. We couldn't keep them in stock once she came on board. Bumper stickers just as fast. Before Palin, I was the only one working the office, after it was full 90% of the time. Without her he wouldn't of had the base at all.

Not all of us. Many of us think she did a great job. Considering any Republican that has to follow Bush was in for a battle, I think McCain did great.
I personally think McCain made a mistake picking her and not because she hurt him. I don't think she did, like you stated before she helped him. He didn't do her any favors by picking her and I still don't think she was the right person for the job. And I still don't agree with her putting her daughter through the national spotlight. And I do think the media should leave her alone and let her get back to her job.

I have to wonder if the left would be blaming Joe Biden and his "he'll be tested", "FDR was on TV", "stand up chuck", "this is great ice cream", and any other number of idiotic things that Biden said on the stump?

Personally I don't think they would be.

Did Edwards get blamed when Kerry lost? Did Liberman when Gore lost?

Perhaps if it hadn't been a trouncing the Republicans wouldn't feel the need to place blame on Sarah.

If she went off the reservation it was McCain's job to reign her in. If he couldn't then he's an ineffective leader and deserved to lose. If she was following instructions with the Obama comments (which McCain himself jumped on too) then the campaign should just accept their defeat and go back and reevaluate how they campaign.

Sarah Palin was an inexperienced national leader. Ill-prepared for the glare of the national media and that was McCain's fault for not preparing her better. IF he knew he was picking her, she should've been being prepared back in July or August. That is what makes me believe she was a last minute pick made in an effort to blunt the effect of Obama's awe inspiring speech and appearance before 80K people at his convention. It worked briefly. But McCain's whole problem throughout the campaign was that he never saw past the next day and the next poll results.

McCain ran an unorganized and disjointed campaign. Sarah Palin was probably the most consistent thing about his campaign. She stayed on message and she drove that message home.

McCain couldn't draw a crowd on 1,100 people in Tampa Bay... Sarah drew 60K. Do the math.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back