Three-Year-Old Boy Dies After Accidentally Shooting Self

MathewSmith

May 24, 2015
AUSTIN, Texas, July 6 (Reuters) - A 3-year-old Texas boy who shot himself at a Houston-area home over the weekend died on Monday from the wound, officials said.

The boy's grandparents were babysitting him and had put him down for a nap. They later heard a gunshot and found the boy had shot himself, police said.

A loaded firearm in a home where there was a 3 year old ? I swear, the day has to come where certain people are simply not allowed to have children. It is not something we expect from a free society.This is just stupid as stupid does. I hope they decide to medically sterilize both the man and woman who called themselves this poor little kid's 'parents'.

AUSTIN, Texas, July 6 (Reuters) - A 3-year-old Texas boy who shot himself at a Houston-area home over the weekend died on Monday from the wound, officials said.

The boy's grandparents were babysitting him and had put him down for a nap. They later heard a gunshot and found the boy had shot himself, police said.

A loaded firearm in a home where there was a 3 year old ? I swear, the day has to come where certain people are simply not allowed to have children. It is not something we expect from a free society.This is just stupid as stupid does. I hope they decide to medically sterilize both the man and woman who called themselves this poor little kid's 'parents'.

More kids die from accidental falls that from accidentally shooting themselves with a gun

Where's the outrage about stairs and don't even get me started on swimming pools

More kids die from accidental falls that from accidentally shooting themselves with a gun

Where's the outrage about stairs and don't even get me started on swimming pools

Now that's a strong argument right there! I wonder why I've never heard anyone make it before? You have really made me rethink things. Thanks, Skull Pilot. It's original thinking like that that makes this forum so awesome.

Yes, your fear of losing your "compensator" is duly noted.

Here's a simple solution. Start charging these negligent gun owners with negligent homicide.

Nana and Pop-Pop would look great in Orange.

I read it was the grandfathers gun, I imagine they kept a loaded gun in the bedside end table and never thought twice when the tired child was laid down on their bed. What a horrible tradegty. I imagine the grandparents entered into hell when it happened.

Now that's a strong argument right there! I wonder why I've never heard anyone make it before? You have really made me rethink things. Thanks, Skull Pilot. It's original thinking like that that makes this forum so awesome.

Still with the racist photo of a Cuban American Senator.......you go girl......be loud and proud in your racism.........bet you can't wait to vote for hilary......

"About 32,000 people are shot and killed every year in the United States. An additional 70,000 suffer non-fatal injuries from gun shots, three-quarters of which are due to interpersonal violence. Since 1968, more people have been killed by firearms on this civilian ‘peacetime’ battleground across the US than in all military conflicts beginning with the War of Independence in 1775. In 1997, the rate of firearm deaths among children under 15 years old was about 12 times higher in the US than the combined rate for 25 other industrialised countries. And in 2010, firearms accounted for 18,270 deaths or injuries to children and teenagers. The number of deaths due to guns has gone down from a peak in the early 1990s, but firearms still account for half the suicides and over two-thirds of all homicides. It is just a whole lot easier to kill with a bullet than by strangling, drowning, poisoning, or with fists, clubs and knives. But despite these ghastly statistics, one constantly encounters stickers, cable news hosts, and editorials insisting that guns save lives." Do guns save lives Venkat Srinivasan Aeon

Negligent homicide.
The 2nd would not be infringed if firearms were required to be locked when not in use by a responsible owner.

Negligent homicide.
The 2nd would not be infringed if firearms were required to be locked when not in use by a responsible owner.
How is that not an infringement? If I can't get to one quick enough by legal constraints I'm infringed a great deal. I don't want to lose my ability to start my car because some drunk kills someone.

Yes, your fear of losing your "compensator" is duly noted.

Here's a simple solution. Start charging these negligent gun owners with negligent homicide.

Nana and Pop-Pop would look great in Orange.

Go ahead and charge them IDGAF

I'm the one here that has been calling for life in prison for any crime committed with a gun not you.

"About 32,000 people are shot and killed every year in the United States. An additional 70,000 suffer non-fatal injuries from gun shots, three-quarters of which are due to interpersonal violence. Since 1968, more people have been killed by firearms on this civilian ‘peacetime’ battleground across the US than in all military conflicts beginning with the War of Independence in 1775. In 1997, the rate of firearm deaths among children under 15 years old was about 12 times higher in the US than the combined rate for 25 other industrialised countries. And in 2010, firearms accounted for 18,270 deaths or injuries to children and teenagers. The number of deaths due to guns has gone down from a peak in the early 1990s, but firearms still account for half the suicides and over two-thirds of all homicides. It is just a whole lot easier to kill with a bullet than by strangling, drowning, poisoning, or with fists, clubs and knives. But despite these ghastly statistics, one constantly encounters stickers, cable news hosts, and editorials insisting that guns save lives." Do guns save lives Venkat Srinivasan Aeon

The 32000 includes suicide and suicide is not a crime

For the thinking impaired, of course 'trigger lock' is what we're talking about.

"About 32,000 people are shot and killed every year in the United States
>300,000,000 gun in the US
8454 gun related murders (2013)
18015 gun-related suicides (average 1999-2013)
665 gun-related accidental deaths (average 1999-2013)

>99.999719% o guns are not involved in a murder.
>99.994% of guns are not involved in a suicide
>99.99978% of guns are not involved in an accidental death

Your point, negated.

To paraphrase a high profile democrat "never let a tragedy go to waste if you can turn it into a political issue".

Forum List

Back