Ingredients
1 - lb ground beef, browned, drained
1 can of refried beans
1 to 1-1/2 packages flour tortilla shells
1 small box Velveeta Cheese - sliced in 1-1/2 to 2 inch strips
1 package of Burrito or Taco Seasoning

Sauce:
2 TBS oil, I use canola.
1 can of chopped green chiles -- these are not hot.
1 can of chicken boullion
1 med onion, chopped
2 TBS flour
2-1/2 cups water

To Prepare Sauce: Lightly brown onion in oil. Add other sauce ingredients. Cook until thick.

Brown ground beef. Drain. Add Taco/Burrito seasoning. Add refried beans. Heat through. Spread ground beef mixture on tortilla shells. Place 1 strip of cheese in each tortilla and roll up. Baked on cookie sheet at 400 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes. Pour Burrito Sauce over top and serve. I also serve these on bed of shredded lettuce.

Cheeseburger Pie

1-lb ground beef
1-2 deep dish pie crust shells
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 chopped green pepper
Small can of tomato sauce
1 cup of bread crumbs

Topping:
Combine: Cheedar cheese, grated, about 2 cups, 2 TBS Worchestershire sauce (I have no idea if I spelled that right :razz:) and 1 egg, stir together.

Bake the pie shells to get a little crispy before you fill them at 325, about 10 minutes. Set aside.

In skillet, combine ground beef, onion and green peppers, cook 'til hamburger is browned; drain. Add tomato sauce and bread crumbs; stir. Pour into pie shells. Spread with a spoon, don't pour, topping over top. Bake at 325 for about 35 minute, until cheese is melted and golden. Serve with garlic toast and/or salad.

Shepherd's Pie
1 to 1-1/2 lb ground beef
1 can of creamed corn
1 can of regular corn; drained
1 can green beans; drained
1 TBL Lawry's Seasoning Salt
4 - 5 potatoes, peeled, boiled, mashed without milk or butter
3-4 slices of bacon, cooked and crunched
1 cup of cheddar cheese, shredded.

Brown ground beef; drain. Add vegetables and seasoning salt, mix. Spread potatoes over top to just about 1/2 inch from the edges all the way around. Top with cheese and then bacon. Bake at 325 for about 35 minutes.

I make what I call hobo stew, or bachelor stew.

Cook 1 pound of ground round in a pan with a lil drizzle of olive oil, Italian spice, garlic powder and salt & course ground pepper.

Add
1 red onion 1/4ered & sliced
1 sm can mushrooms ~ drained
2 cans stewed tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce
1 can corn ~ drained
1 can green beans ~ drained
Optional red pepper flakes. These really kick in the next day for left overs, so careful thar!

Add a lil water to sauce. Bring to boil, simmer for 1/2 hour.

Serve over white rice.

Last edited:
I like a stuffed hamburger with a slice of onion inside. Steams it, and pretty good as a stand alone patty for a meal.

I mix Italian sausage/hamburger 50-50, with italian spices, red pepper flakes, fennel seeds and make into breakfast pattys. Use wax paper to separate & store in the refrig.

Like red pepper flake, fennel seeds go a long way, you just sprinkle some over the meat mix, and mix in.

Last edited:
Most ground beef is inferior beef ground to make it more expensive.

In terms of nutritional value per buck you're better off buying steaks.

Hamburgers on the grill, hamburgers in the pan, hamburgers under the broiler.
See how easy that was.

I make what I call hobo stew, or bachelor stew.

Cook 1 pound of ground round in a pan with a lil drizzle of olive oil, Italian spice, garlic powder and salt & course ground pepper.

Add
1 red onion 1/4ered & sliced
1 sm can mushrooms ~ drained
2 cans stewed tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce
1 can corn ~ drained
1 can green beans ~ drained
Optional red pepper flakes. These really kick in the next day for left overs, so careful thar!

Add a lil water to sauce. Bring to boil, simmer for 1/2 hour.

Serve over white rice.

This sounds great! Gonna have to try this, but I think I'll wait 'til the temps dip below 'sweatin' your behind off'!

Forum List

Back