Three Members Of A Radical Right Wing Militia Group Sentenced

Only going to get worse if Obama gets reelected. The last 4 years have seemed an eternity to these toddler brains, the very thought of four more of this torture of not having a republican president will likely push many to extreme acts, of course they will be branded liberals post facto so it's all good.

Which is true, since Obama became elected, radical right wing extremist groups have exploded.

When Obama gets re-elected, I wouldn't be surprised to see the radical right completely lose their shit, and widespread violence breaks out.

I don't think it will ever be widespread but there is the individual potential for them to be pretty devastating. OK city was the worst terrorist attack in our history at one time and an example of what just a couple of disgruntled red-necks are capable of.

Last edited:
Why are we supposed to accept a chart with no background information on how the numbers were arrived at? Personally, I don't accept being spoon fed, I prefer to see the full information, not the bits that hacks like 'think progress' think I should see.

Further, why the fuck do none of you question what you're fed? idiot.

Maybe I'm missing something or I'm color blind. Right wing groups are represented by the maroon colored bar. Each year, islamic and eco terrorists are higher on the bar than right wing groups.

The red color represents the right wing groups, and the size of the color represents the terror threat.

I read it differently. I assumed each color starts at 0 on the bar and raises until they each hit their respective total.

Seems kind of retarded for it to be any other way.

That's not how those kinds of graphs work. It tells you the total and the proportion for each category. It's a twofer graph.

Not every year, but most years including the latest.
The chart shows right wing groups as last each year.

You're reading the graph incorrectly. It's not the position on the bar, but the % of the total that's significant. If you look, the anarchists are at the top, but they're nowhere near being the biggest threat.
Gotcha. Would have made more sense if there was a % sign on the chart.

The red color represents the right wing groups, and the size of the color represents the terror threat.

I read it differently. I assumed each color starts at 0 on the bar and raises until they each hit their respective total.

Seems kind of retarded for it to be any other way.

That's not how those kinds of graphs work. It tells you the total and the proportion for each category. It's a twofer graph.
Yeah I'm not a graph expert. I thought something was a little strange about anarchists being at the top that one year.

I will point out nowhere in the article did the words radical right wing appear I love how people can find things in articles that aren't there.

You are right - but how would you decribe the politics of the militia involved?

They sound radical to me....

I would describe them as fringe nut jobs who are not representative of any political party to call them radical is fair enough but to refer to them as radical right wingers is not it gives the false impression that they are representative of the Republican party which they are not.It's no different than using the radical left winger phrasing to try and paint at fringe group as representative of the Democratic party.

to refer to them as radical right wingers is not it gives the false impression that they are representative of the Republican party which they are not..

No, not at all; that is a complete misreading of political theory.

The fact that group is right wing has nothing whatsoever to do with the GOP.

The government needed SOMETHING after the case agains the Hutaree completely fell apart.

Three members in an Alaskan radical right wing militia group have been found guilty of numerous charges including conspiracy to commit murder (against law enforcement) possession of numerous illegal weapons, destructive devices and more.

Another fact is the biggest threat of terror against freedom and the nation isn't from Islamists like the right wing media would like you to think, it's actually from domestic right wing terror cells.

Militiamen found guilty, face long sentences: Breaking News | Alaska news at adn.com

unaddressed-threats.jpg

This guy sounds more like an "occupier" than a conservative:

from the article: ..."Federal prosecutors charged Cox, 28, Coleman Barney, 37, and Lonnie Vernon, 56, with amassing illegal weapons and with threatening the lives of law enforcement officials and judges. Cox was leader of the Alaska Peacemaker Militia, but his ideology was much broader, combining evangelical Christianity, a sense of an impending national collapse, and the assertion that the state and federal government held no authority over him......"

Then if you pay attention, further down: ".... FIVE ORGANIZATIONS

Cox created or played a leadership role in at least five separate activist organizations in Fairbanks. The Interior Alaska Conservative Coalition kicked him out in 2010 when Cox began advocating "bloody revolution" and the overthrow the government, a board member testified at the trial.

His Liberty Bell Network provided a phone number -- Cox's cell phone -- for anyone who believed the police were overstepping their bounds. Cox and other volunteers would race to the scene to capture the event on video. It was at such a situation where Cox failed to declare to the police that he was carrying a concealed weapon, leading to the charge he eventually failed to answer.

His Alaska Assembly Post promoted the "sovereign citizen" movement in Fairbanks, the notion that the individual is the only source of governmental authority. Under the auspices of the Assembly Post, Cox arranged for a "judge" and a jury of his pals to hear his weapons case and a prior domestic violence case to which he had already pleaded guilty. The proceedings were held at the Denny's restaurant in Fairbanks and he was acquitted of all charges.

Cox's Second Amendment Task Force was popular in Fairbanks despite its declaration that members, if they served on a real jury, should never convict a person of gun charges unless the weapon was used in connection with another crime. There's a famous YouTube video of Rep. Don Young standing next to Cox at Denny's as Cox declared, "We have no obligation to submit to a government that refuses to submit to their governing document."

In the video, Young signed a public letter written by Cox that declares that if the government decides to "further tax, restrict or register firearms," citizens would have the duty to "alter or abolish" such a government and replace it with another.

Cox created the Alaska Peacemaker Militia as a uniformed and heavily armed force. At times he described it as a defensive organization, but also declared its members could open fire first on government agents who had drawn down on them. It was also the militia that would implement the "241" plan.

With those organizations, prosecutors said, Cox had created the foundation of an alternative government and the ability to use force to attempt to put in place. ..."

Read more here: Militiamen found guilty, face long sentences: Breaking News | Alaska news at adn.com

Do you want to try again? What makes him a "right winger"?

to refer to them as radical right wingers is not it gives the false impression that they are representative of the Republican party which they are not..

No, not at all; that is a complete misreading of political theory.

The fact that group is right wing has nothing whatsoever to do with the GOP.

No they don't but we all know when phrases like radical right winger or left winger are used the implication intentional or not is to tie them in someway shape or form to the party.

The militia types are usually pretty harmless, sitting on their porch in their camos, drinking Hamms™, scratching themselves, comparing "God Guns & Country" tattoos and talking about how the revolution is coming. Interestingly, many of them are missing at least one of their front teef, perhaps an indication that competent dentists are in short supply in those geographic areas.

Unusual to see this. But, of course, a McVeigh type actually gets his shit together long enough to cause damage, so we must remain vigilant. Glad to see they were caught.

The militia types are usually pretty harmless, sitting on their porch in their camos, drinking Hamms™, scratching themselves, comparing "God Guns & Country" tattoos and talking about how the revolution is coming. Interestingly, many of them are missing at least one of their front teef, perhaps an indication that competent dentists are in short supply in those geographic areas.

Unusual to see this. But, of course, a McVeigh type actually gets his shit together long enough to cause damage, so we must remain vigilant. Glad to see they were caught.

Thumbs up the indeed for locking these thugs up, but the threat of another terror attack from the right wing extremists could be a real possibility.
The over the top hatred toward Obama and anyone else that isn't on the hard right is at levels I can't say I've ever seen before. Just look at all the hate from the right wingers on this site for example :tongue:

Last edited:

Thumbs up the indeed for locking these thugs up, but the thread of another terror attack from the right wing extremists could be a real possibility.
The over the top hatred toward Obama and anyone else that isn't on the hard right is at levels I can't say I've ever seen before. Just look at all the over the top hate from the right wingers on this site just for example :tongue:

Hysterical drama queen.

Thumbs up the indeed for locking these thugs up, but the thread of another terror attack from the right wing extremists could be a real possibility.
The over the top hatred toward Obama and anyone else that isn't on the hard right is at levels I can't say I've ever seen before. Just look at all the over the top hate from the right wingers on this site just for example :tongue:

Hysterical drama queen.

Case in point :up:

Three members in an Alaskan radical right wing militia group have been found guilty of numerous charges including conspiracy to commit murder (against law enforcement) possession of numerous illegal weapons, destructive devices and more.

Another fact is the biggest threat of terror against freedom and the nation isn't from Islamists like the right wing media would like you to think, it's actually from domestic right wing terror cells.

Militiamen found guilty, face long sentences: Breaking News | Alaska news at adn.com

unaddressed-threats.jpg

I notice the Islamic terrorists won in 2001. The deaths of about 3,000 Americans on 9-11 was more than a threat.. How many Americans have been killed by right wing militia groups in the same time frame?

Figures don't lie, but liars can figure. Pretty clever using percentage of threats as a gauge.

Last edited:

unaddressed-threats.jpg

I notice the Islamic terrorists won in 2001. The deaths of about 3,000 Americans on 9-11 was more than a threat.. How many Americans have been killed by right wing militia groups in the same time frame?

Figures don't lie, but liars can figure. Pretty clever using percentage of threats as a gauge.

I found this which is some good reading on many of the terror attacks attempted/foiled/committed by right wing individuals/organizations over the past 17 years

Terror From the Right | Southern Poverty Law Center

Last edited:

unaddressed-threats.jpg

Good. Your second assertion of right wing terrorist groups being a great danger tanked your credibility.

unaddressed-threats.jpg

They are where they belong, Now will this Admin Prosecute anyone on the left for anything? lol

I'd have to say the biggest threat to liberty are far left loons like Pelosi or Obama

unaddressed-threats.jpg

Good. Your second assertion of right wing terrorist groups being a great danger tanked your credibility.

Having trouble reading the graph? It's been explained on the earlier pages if you are having trouble.

I'd have to say the biggest threat to liberty are far left loons like Pelosi or Obama

What a stupid, stupid post.

The far left means people like Stalin, Mao and Castro.

If you think you live in a far left country, then you need to spend a bit of time in North Korea so that you can appreciate the difference.

It drives me nuts when people whine that they live in oppression when they live in one of the most free and wealthy societies in the history of the planet.

New Topics

Forum List

Back