Three Hours Of Debate Tonight

I will, not likely tonight though. When I have the time to devote to it.

It is rather sad that the American attention span for actual debate is nonexistent. These people are vying for the most powerful position in the nation - you think it would behoove the people who are RESPONSIBLE for controlling their government to understand exactly who is running for office regardless of what side you are on.

There is nothing they have to say that I have not heard before. There is nothing they could say that would attract my vote.

You have to laugh that the best the democrat pundits can say is (after drawing a sigh of relief) that "Biden did O.K." How long is that going to last?

It is rather sad that the American attention span for actual debate is nonexistent. These people are vying for the most powerful position in the nation - you think it would behoove the people who are RESPONSIBLE for controlling their government to understand exactly who is running for office regardless of what side you are on.
Americans haven't lost the ability to listen to a debate.

Politicians have lost the ability to debare.

Not much news this morning on the debate. I'll assume it was "that bad".

There is nothing they have to say that I have not heard before. There is nothing they could say that would attract my vote.
They had quite a bit that they have not said before, none of it good. And if they can attract your vote is not the only reason to listen. It is very unlikely I will vote for any of them either. It is very good to know where they stand though and have a clear idea of what we might be dealing with for the one that does if only to be able to have a coherent conversation with others on who to support/oppose and why.

The problem with politics today is that we have an electorate that is not engaged and as long as that persists the system will be broken. For instance, they all essentially agreed with Trumps trade war though they really tried hard to cover that up. However, there will be attack after attack in the general against Trump and his tariffs. Hell, Warren stood up and essentially said she would do Trump's trade war x1000 and she is one of the front runners. Likely to take the lead if Biden fumbles.

It is also worth noting that Biden did pretty good this time around after failing miserably the last 2 rounds.

Americans haven't lost the ability to listen to a debate.

Politicians have lost the ability to debare.
Really?

In is not just in politics that this is flushed out. Americans have indeed lost all semblance of the ability to address the other side. All Americans do now is live in perpetual echo chambers. Politicians are not the problem, they are the symptom.

You have to laugh that the best the democrat pundits can say is (after drawing a sigh of relief) that "Biden did O.K." How long is that going to last?
Depends on how he does in the first 2 or 3 primaries. Biden's main draw is that he is electable. He does not play to any of the other issues with the base. Should he lose in the beginning I think he will fall apart as the electability argument will fail.

They had quite a bit that they have not said before, none of it good. And if they can attract your vote is not the only reason to listen. It is very unlikely I will vote for any of them either. It is very good to know where they stand though and have a clear idea of what we might be dealing with for the one that does if only to be able to have a coherent conversation with others on who to support/oppose and why.

The problem with politics today is that we have an electorate that is not engaged and as long as that persists the system will be broken. For instance, they all essentially agreed with Trumps trade war though they really tried hard to cover that up. However, there will be attack after attack in the general against Trump and his tariffs. Hell, Warren stood up and essentially said she would do Trump's trade war x1000 and she is one of the front runners. Likely to take the lead if Biden fumbles.

It is also worth noting that Biden did pretty good this time around after failing miserably the last 2 rounds.

I'm well aware of where they stand.

Forum List

Back