Three Horsemen of Rightwing Politics: Scarecrow, Tinman, and Cowardly Lion

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
Three Horsemen of Rightwing Politics: Scarecrow, Tin Woodman, and Cowardly Lion

Lacking a brain, a heart, and courage:

The Right Wing and The Straw Man: If Pigs Could Fly Would they Still Need Make up?

Why do straw man arguments do so well with right wingers? Could it be that the right wing noise machine bets on the ignorance needed? I like this tidbit: "To be successful, a straw man argument requires that the audience be ignorant or uninformed of the original argument." Straw Man

What is funny is seeing right wingers using those very same straw man arguments or similar ones. It's as if the mantras of the right wing noise machine have rewired the brain to an extent that it is a way of thinking, a way of life, that alternate universe we often see in them.

As to the cowardly lion bit? The cowardly lion is clueless about fear. Courage is acting in spite of fear, in the face of fear, not having No fear.

too bad that pathetic WelfareQueen queen had to jump the gun with her --straw man image. :rofl:

"The so-called typical "attacking a straw man" argument creates the illusion of having completely refuted or defeated an opponent's proposition by covertly replacing it with a different proposition (i.e., "stand up a straw man") and then to refute or defeat that false argument ("knock down a straw man") instead of the original proposition"​

Last edited:
What was that again.....?

wimpobama2webcr-7_30_12.jpg

A straw man is a common type of argument and is an informal fallacy based on the misrepresentation of an opponent's argument.[1] To be successful, a straw man argument requires that the audience be ignorant or uninformed of the original argument​

poor welfarequeen. fits the bill to a T

A straw man is a common type of argument and is an informal fallacy based on the misrepresentation of an opponent's argument.[1] To be successful, a straw man argument requires that the audience be ignorant or uninformed of the original argument​

Hey Man.....you're calling the Obumbler a straw man....not me. :D

Three Horsemen of Rightwing Politics: Scarecrow, Tin Woodman, and Cowardly Lion

Lacking a brain, a heart, and courage:

The Right Wing and The Straw Man: If Pigs Could Fly Would they Still Need Make up?

Why do straw man arguments do so well with right wingers? Could it be that the right wing noise machine bets on the ignorance needed? I like this tidbit: "To be successful, a straw man argument requires that the audience be ignorant or uninformed of the original argument." Straw Man

What is funny is seeing right wingers using those very same straw man arguments or similar ones. It's as if the mantras of the right wing noise machine have rewired the brain to an extent that it is a way of thinking, a way of life, that alternate universe we often see in them.

As to the cowardly lion bit? The cowardly lion is clueless about fear. Courage is acting in spite of fear, in the face of fear, not having No fear.

too bad that pathetic WelfareQueen queen had to jump the gun with her --straw man image. :rofl:

"The so-called typical "attacking a straw man" argument creates the illusion of having completely refuted or defeated an opponent's proposition by covertly replacing it with a different proposition (i.e., "stand up a straw man") and then to refute or defeat that false argument ("knock down a straw man") instead of the original proposition"​
With OBABBLE you get a threefer...

Yes it does. So why are YOU making this type of argument?

You know the average black welfare recipient in this country is illiterate and possesses a usable vocabulary of 300 words. "You all gwine be reech, reech, reech," Buckwheat told them six years ago. "You all gwine be reech." Such people are difficult to bend to one's political will, yes? Good democrats all.

Yes it does. So why are YOU making this type of argument?

poor jwoodie , lost his pecker?

I guess you missed the part where this thread is in Political Satire forum?

Forum List

Back