Three Christian girls Beheaded in Indonesia

Bonnie

Jun 30, 2004
Wherever
Girls beheaded as they were on their way to Christian School in Indonesia. Another escaped badly injured:

They were walking through a cocoa plantation near the city of Poso in central Sulawesi province when they were attacked.

This is an area that has a long history of religious violence between Muslims and Christians.

A government-brokered truce has only partially succeeded in reducing the number of incidents in recent years.

Police say the heads were found some distance from the bodies.

It is unclear what was behind the attack, but the girls attended a private Christian school and one of the heads was left outside a church leading to speculation that it might have had a religious motive.

A bomb in May in the nearby town of Tentena, which is predominantly Christian, killed 22 people and injured over 30.

The fighting four years ago drew Islamic militants from all over Indonesia and many have never gone home.

Analysts say the militants have targeted central Sulawesi and believe that it could be turned into the foundation stone of an Islamic state.

The analysts have warned that the violence could resurface at any time.
Oh... DogPundit has more on the attacks (a warning on the pictures, they are gruesome!)

http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2005/10/three-christian-girls-beheaded-in.html

insein said:
How long before Christians attack mosques and riot and burn muslims for retribution? Oh wait thats right Chritianity is a true PEACEFUL religion as opposed to Islam.

(Cough)
Crusades
(Cough)

Pope Innocent III ordered the Albigensian Crusade, to purge southern France of the Cathari heretics. It began in the summer of 1209, with their first target - the town of Beziers. The Catholic faithful in Beziers refused to give up the Catharis among themselves. The crusaders invaded. When Arnaud-Amaury was asked whom to kill he replied "Kill them all. God will know his own." They did. The crusaders slaughtered nearly everyone in town, over 20,000, either burned or clubbed to death. Thus they achieved their goal of killing the estimated 200 heretics who were hiding in the town among the Catholic faithful. The brutal crusade continued on for the next twenty years. Eventually the Catholics devised a new approach for dealing with the remaining Cathari heretics in France. It was called "the Inquisition".

Peaceful?

Max Power said:
(Cough)
Crusades
(Cough)

Pope Innocent III ordered the Albigensian Crusade, to purge southern France of the Cathari heretics. It began in the summer of 1209, with their first target - the town of Beziers. The Catholic faithful in Beziers refused to give up the Catharis among themselves. The crusaders invaded. When Arnaud-Amaury was asked whom to kill he replied "Kill them all. God will know his own." They did. The crusaders slaughtered nearly everyone in town, over 20,000, either burned or clubbed to death. Thus they achieved their goal of killing the estimated 200 heretics who were hiding in the town among the Catholic faithful. The brutal crusade continued on for the next twenty years. Eventually the Catholics devised a new approach for dealing with the remaining Cathari heretics in France. It was called "the Inquisition".

Peaceful?

Oh yes your right, what happened in 1209 justifies what is happening now especially to these three little girls.

Your conveniently confusing the true teachings of Catholicism with the barbaric practices of some who were evil and were using the church and it's teachings for their own purposes of power.

The Muslim faith encourages killing in it's teachings. And you know this already.

Bonnie said:
Oh yes your right, what happened in 1209 justifies what is happening now especially to these three little girls.

Your conveniently confusing the true teachings of Catholicism with the barbaric practices of some who were evil and were using the church and it's teachings for their own purposes of power.

The Muslim faith encourages killing in it's teachings. And you know this already.

:clap:

Bonnie said:
I never said that happened. In fact, they were both barbaric.

Well, aren't you doing the same for Islam?

"More people have been killed in the name of God than for any other reason"
-George Carlin

Okay, so it's not a scientific source... but I'd bet it's true. Organized religion, in general, is barbaric.

I do? Why don't you educate me.
I'm not saying you're wrong, I just want you to show me where it says this.

Max Power..Okay, so it's not a scientific source... but I'd bet it's true. Organized religion, in general, is barbaric

Organized religion is not barbaric but sometimes followers of a religion will be, unless you are talking about a specific religion that teaches to kill others who don't believe.

Catholicism does not teach that nor has it ever, there have been some power hungry lunatics that bastardized the faith to suit their own agenda.

Max Power..Well, aren't you doing the same for Islam?

No because in the quran it states followers must kill any enemy of the faith, and anyone who does not follow the Muslim faith is the enemy. If your curious you can do a search and find a few posts here that have directly quoted Muslim teachings to illustrate this.

No I don't think all Muslims are bloodthristy, but if they wanted to be, they can point to their faith and say they are justified.

Okay just for you here it is

Quran Surah 2: The Cow

Don't bother to warn the disbelievers. Allah has blinded them. Theirs will be an awful doom. 6
Allah has sickened their hearts. A painful doom is theirs because they lie. 10
A fire has been prepared for the disbelievers, whose fuel is men and stones. 24
Disbelievers will be burned with fire. 39, 90
For disbelievers is a painful doom. 104
For unbelievers: ignominy in this world, an awful doom in the next. 114
Allah will leave the disbelievers alone for a while, but then he will compel them to the doom of Fire. 126
The doom of the disbelievers will not be lightened. 162
They will not emerge from the Fire. 167
Those who hide the Scripture will have their bellies eaten with fire. Theirs will be a painful doom. 174
How constant are they in their strife to reach the Fire! 175
Kill disbelievers wherever you find them. If they attack you, then kil them. Such is the reward of disbelievers. 191
War is ordained by Allah. 216
Those who die in their disbelief will burn forever in the Fire. 217
Disbelievers worship false gods. They will burn forever in the Fire. 257
Allah does not guide disbelievers. 264
"Give us victory over the disbelieving folk." 286

Quran Surah 3: The Family Of 'Imran

Those who disbelieve the revelations of Allah, theirs will be a heavy doom. 4
Those who disbelieve will be fuel for the Fire. 10
Those who disbelieve shall be overcome and gathered unto Hell. 12
Those who disbelieve, promise them a painful doom. 21
Theirs will be a painful doom. 77
All non-Muslims will be rejected by Allah after they die. 85
Disbelievers will have a painful doom. And they will have no helpers. 91
Disbelievers will have their faces blackened on the last day. They will face an awful doom. 105-6
Those who disbelieve will be burnt in the Fire. 116
The Fire is prepared for disbelievers. 131
We shall cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Their habitation is the Fire 151
Theirs will be an awful doom. 176
Disbelievers do not harm Allah, but will have a painful doom. 177
Disbelievers will have a shamful doom. 178
Disbelievers will go to Hell. 196

Quran Surah 4: Women

Those who disobey Allah and his messenger will be burnt with fire and suffer a painful doom. 14
For the disbelievers, We have prepared a painful doom. 18
For disbelievers, We prepare a shameful doom. 37
Hell is sufficient for their burning. 55
Unbelievers will be tormented forever with fire. When their skin is burned off, a fresh skin will be provided. 56
Allah will bestow a vast reward on those who fight in religious wars. 74
Believers fight for Allah; disbelievers fight for the devil. So fight the minions of the devil. 76
Have no unbelieving friends. Kill the unbelievers wherever you find them. 89
If the unbelievers do not offer you peace, kill them wherever you find them. Against such you are given clear warrant. 91 ( Offering peace in Islam means surrendering. All 67 out of 68 wars of Muhammad were offensive. They are called qazwah (raid, ambush, sudden attack). That is how Muhammad waged his wars. He raided, massacred and looted civilians with no warning. The one defensive war, 'ditch' was not fought. That is why the Islamic terrorism 'jihad' will continue until the West "offers peace". This was made clear by Bin Laden.)
Those who oppose the messenger and become unbelievers will go to hell. 115
Those who believe, then disbelieve, then believe and disbelieve again will never be forgiven by Allah. 137
For the hypocrites there will be a painful doom. 138
Allah will gather hypocrites and disbelievers into hell. 140
The hypocrites will be in the lowest part of hell and no one will help them there. 145
You must believe everything Allah and his messengers tell you. Those who don't are disbelievers and will face a painful doom. 150-151
For the disbelievers, Allah has prepared a painful doom. 161
God will guide disbelievers down a road that leads to everlasting hell. 168-169

Quran Surah 5: The Table Spread

Those who deny Islam will be losers in the Hereafter. 5
Disbelievers are the rightful owners of Hell. 10
Those who make war with Allah and his messenger will be killed or crucified, or have their hands and feet on alternate sides cut off, or will be expelled out of the land. That is how they will be treated in this world, and in the next they will have an awful doom. 33 (Anyone who resist Islam is deemed to be making war with Allah)
Disbelievers will have a painful doom. 36
Disbelievers will want to come out of the Fire, but will not. Their will be a lasting doom. 37
Life for life, eye for eye, nose for nose, ear for ear, and tooth for tooth. Non-muslims are wrong doers. 45
Christians will be burned in the Fire. 72
Christians are wrong about the Trinity. For that they will have a painful doom. 73
Disbelievers will be owners of hell-fire. 86

more if you like here
http://www.faithfreedom.org/Quran.htm

Bonnie said:
Organized religion is not barbaric but sometimes followers of a religion will be, unless you are talking about a specific religion that teaches to kill others who don't believe.

Catholicism does not teach that nor has it ever, there have been some power hungry lunatics that bastardized the faith to suit their own agenda.
Right... the Pope says to kill... but "Catholocism does not teach that."
Well, apparently it does teach that.

Okay just for you here it is
Quran Surah 2: The Cow

more if you like here
http://www.faithfreedom.org/Quran.htm

Gee, that sounds an awful lot like
John 3:36
he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

John 15:6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

Thessalonians 1:8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God

These statements are EXACTLY the same as "For disbelievers is a painful doom. 104 "

insein said:
Yes and women were seen as objects and slavery was one of the major world industries at the time. I think your lack of context is astoundingly obtuse.

I wasn't aware that there was a context in which killing 20,000 innocent people was considered peaceful.

Max Power said:
Right... the Pope says to kill... but "Catholocism does not teach that."
Well, apparently it does teach that.
and that was when? Oh in your world time does not matter. 1055 A.D. V. 2005 A.D. Whatever. All the same, carry on...
Gee, that sounds an awful lot like
John 3:36
he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

John 15:6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

Thessalonians 1:8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God

These statements are EXACTLY the same as "For disbelievers is a painful doom. 104 "
not really.

Max Power said:
I wasn't aware that there was a context in which killing 20,000 innocent people was considered peaceful.

So when a tyrannical dictatorship used a religion to kill thousands of people 1000 years ago, it still gets blamed today despite the modern religion preaching (almost ad nauseum) tolerance and humanity to the world? I fail to see your logic.

I have no love for religions in general. But i dont see MODERN Christians rioting in the street over petty things and i damn sure dont see them rioting and killing innocents over the deaths of 3 innocent followers. Had this been attacks on islamic faithful, blood would have flowed in the streets around the world.

insein said:
So when a tyrannical dictatorship used a religion to kill thousands of people 1000 years ago, it still gets blamed today despite the modern religion preaching (almost ad nauseum) tolerance and humanity to the world? I fail to see your logic.

I have no love for religions in general. But i dont see MODERN Christians rioting in the street over petty things and i damn sure dont see them rioting and killing innocents over the deaths of 3 innocent followers. Had this been attacks on islamic faithful, blood would have flowed in the streets around the world.
You're the one who's insisting that Christianity is peaceful, I was just showing you that history has proven otherwise.
The Bible itself isn't that great either, advocating slavery among other things.

And, apparenly you think that stuff that happened 1000 years ago is too long ago. Well, the crusades went on quite a bit after that too (I would hope that you already knew this)... and if you want something a bit more modern, just look at the Catholic church during WW2, looking the other way for Mussolini and Hitler.

Max Power said:
You're the one who's insisting that Christianity is peaceful, I was just showing you that history has proven otherwise.
The Bible itself isn't that great either, advocating slavery among other things.

And, apparenly you think that stuff that happened 1000 years ago is too long ago. Well, the crusades went on quite a bit after that too (I would hope that you already knew this)... and if you want something a bit more modern, just look at the Catholic church during WW2, looking the other way for Mussolini and Hitler.

Looking the other way is hardly the same as taking up the fight. The catholic church is passive to a fault. they endure whoever is in power for the sake of their existence. However, the church (Not the Holy Roman Empire) has never led a war against another religion for the sake of obliterating it. Never have random attacks upon innocent members of a religion become common place in ANY religion except for 1. Islam.

insein said:
Looking the other way is hardly the same as taking up the fight. The catholic church is passive to a fault. they endure whoever is in power for the sake of their existence. However, the church (Not the Holy Roman Empire) has never led a war against another religion for the sake of obliterating it. Never have random attacks upon innocent members of a religion become common place in ANY religion except for 1. Islam.

I agree, but the person to whom you are trying to converse with has his own agenda. Save your fingers from keyboarding.

Max Power said:
"Kill them all. God will know his own."
-Pope Innocent III

Again I ask what scripture?? You can quote or misquote evil people all you want but that still doesn't change the fact that Christ taught peace and nothing but, the Quran teaches hate and nothing but.

Max Power said:
(Cough)
Crusades
(Cough)

Your ignorance betrays you. The Crusades were a display of Islamic barbarianism...'Christians' participated as a 'defense' against islamic attacks/etc.

(shrug).

Forum List

Back