Three Christian girls Beheaded in Indonesia

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Bonnie, Nov 7, 2005.

1. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669

http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2005/10/three-christian-girls-beheaded-in.html

2. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    How long before Christians attack mosques and riot and burn muslims for retribution? Oh wait thats right Chritianity is a true PEACEFUL religion as opposed to Islam.

3. Max Power

Max Power Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    (Cough)
    Crusades
    (Cough)

Pope Innocent III ordered the Albigensian Crusade, to purge southern France of the Cathari heretics. It began in the summer of 1209, with their first target - the town of Beziers. The Catholic faithful in Beziers refused to give up the Catharis among themselves. The crusaders invaded. When Arnaud-Amaury was asked whom to kill he replied "Kill them all. God will know his own." They did. The crusaders slaughtered nearly everyone in town, over 20,000, either burned or clubbed to death. Thus they achieved their goal of killing the estimated 200 heretics who were hiding in the town among the Catholic faithful. The brutal crusade continued on for the next twenty years. Eventually the Catholics devised a new approach for dealing with the remaining Cathari heretics in France. It was called "the Inquisition".

Peaceful?

4. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    Oh yes your right, what happened in 1209 justifies what is happening now especially to these three little girls.

Your conveniently confusing the true teachings of Catholicism with the barbaric practices of some who were evil and were using the church and it's teachings for their own purposes of power.

The Muslim faith encourages killing in it's teachings. And you know this already.

5. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    :clap:

6. Max Power

Max Power Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I never said that happened. In fact, they were both barbaric.

Well, aren't you doing the same for Islam?

"More people have been killed in the name of God than for any other reason"
    -George Carlin

Okay, so it's not a scientific source... but I'd bet it's true. Organized religion, in general, is barbaric.

I do? Why don't you educate me.
    I'm not saying you're wrong, I just want you to show me where it says this.

7. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    Organized religion is not barbaric but sometimes followers of a religion will be, unless you are talking about a specific religion that teaches to kill others who don't believe.

Catholicism does not teach that nor has it ever, there have been some power hungry lunatics that bastardized the faith to suit their own agenda.

No because in the quran it states followers must kill any enemy of the faith, and anyone who does not follow the Muslim faith is the enemy. If your curious you can do a search and find a few posts here that have directly quoted Muslim teachings to illustrate this.

No I don't think all Muslims are bloodthristy, but if they wanted to be, they can point to their faith and say they are justified.

Okay just for you here it is

Quran Surah 2: The Cow

more if you like here
    http://www.faithfreedom.org/Quran.htm

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    Yes and women were seen as objects and slavery was one of the major world industries at the time. I think your lack of context is astoundingly obtuse.

9. Max Power

Max Power Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Right... the Pope says to kill... but "Catholocism does not teach that."
    Well, apparently it does teach that.

Gee, that sounds an awful lot like
    John 3:36
    he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

John 15:6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

Thessalonians 1:8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God

These statements are EXACTLY the same as "For disbelievers is a painful doom. 104 "

10. Max Power

Max Power Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I wasn't aware that there was a context in which killing 20,000 innocent people was considered peaceful.