Three cheers...

Yahoo! Shine - Women's Lifestyle | Healthy Living and Fashion Blogs

By now, you've heard about CBS Houston sports blogger Claire Crawford criticizing Oklahoma City Thunder cheerleader Kelsey Williams' weight in the blog post heard 'round the world.

Last week, blogger Crawford wrote, "The Rockets looked terrible in Game 1, but some say they weren’t the only bad-looking people on the court. We’re not trying to be ugly. We are just discussing what men like in women, specifically NBA cheerleaders. This pretty blonde has been criticized by some folks in OKC for having “pudginess” around her waistline.

More at link...

cheer-5.jpg

Last edited:
Megan Welter, Cardinals Cheerleader and Iraq Veteran

Megan Welter is not your typical pro-football cheerleader. There is no denying the sport is tough—cheerleading accounts for 60-70 percent of catastrophic injuries among female high school athletes—but this 28-year-old member of the Arizona Cardinals squad has a background not generally associated with pompoms and hot pants. She's a United States Army veteran who served as a platoon leader in Iraq.

cheer-6.jpg

Three Cheers!

Oops, don't how that last one snuck in...just some fun for you all...:cheers2:

The Shockingly Low Salaries of Professional Cheerleaders - Yahoo Finance

This week, current and former Raiderettes—the cheer squad for the Oakland Raiders—filed suit in the Alameda County Superior Court, claiming that the football team “withholds all pay from the Raiderettes until after the season is completed, does not pay for all hours worked and forces the cheerleaders to pay many of their own business expenses,” according to the San Jose Mercury News.

Buffalo Bills cheerleaders suspend operations

Buffalo Bills cheerleaders suspend operations

BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) -- Pack up the pom-poms in Buffalo, because the Bills will be playing without the support of their official cheerleaders this year.

Stephanie Mateczun, whose company manages the Buffalo Jills cheerleading squad, said Thursday she has suspended operations through at least the end of the season. The decision was made two days after five former Jills filed a lawsuit complaining they worked hundreds of hours for free, and were subjected to groping and sexual comments.

While I greatly appreciate female beauty and athleticism, I just don't get cheerleaders.

The theory appears to be that if the teams have beautiful women displaying their boobs and butts during breaks in the action, the football fans will cheer with more enthusiasm.

Who gives a shit? Will more people come to the stadium because of the cheerleaders? I can't imagine. Can more then 10% of the fans even see them well enough, or hear them coherently? I doubt it. What is the financial benefit to the team to even have cheerleaders?

I can't see any.

Then they complain about the uniforms, and that they do not get paid enough? Good grief, get a job.

While I greatly appreciate female beauty and athleticism, I just don't get cheerleaders.

The theory appears to be that if the teams have beautiful women displaying their boobs and butts during breaks in the action, the football fans will cheer with more enthusiasm.

Who gives a shit? Will more people come to the stadium because of the cheerleaders? I can't imagine. Can more then 10% of the fans even see them well enough, or hear them coherently? I doubt it. What is the financial benefit to the team to even have cheerleaders?

I can't see any.

Then they complain about the uniforms, and that they do not get paid enough? Good grief, get a job.

I think it's the uniforms that do it for me. Same for nurses. :D

Oregon Cheerleaders: 30 Pictures of the World's Hottest Cheer Squad

Forum List

Back