Threats Force Town to Rescind English-Only Ordinance

Tank

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2009
I’m sure it will be voted down at the next meeting,” Meyer said, “because of the threats of the ACLU and the Attorney General.”

“We can’t afford a lawsuit, we’re just a very tiny town.”

Attorney General Eric Schneiderman recently ordered the town officials to overturn the ordinance, which bans public employes from speaking a language other than English in the course of their work and calls for all documents to be only in English.

Read more: Legal Threats Force Town to Rescind English-Only Ordinance, Sponsor Says - Fox News Latino

I’m sure it will be voted down at the next meeting,” Meyer said, “because of the threats of the ACLU and the Attorney General.”

Attorney General Eric Schneiderman recently ordered the town officials to overturn the ordinance, which bans public employes from speaking a language other than English in the course of their work and calls for all documents to be only in English.

Read more: Legal Threats Force Town to Rescind English-Only Ordinance, Sponsor Says - Fox News Latino

well, surely, if they can't afford a lawsuit they can't afford the extra printing costs either so until they have some money to print in Spanish it will be English huh??

Typical of ACLU and Lawyers...

They can threaten Americans all they want. Let's run the country into the ground before the invading Latinos gets there hands on it.

New Topics

Forum List

Back