Threatening the SCOTUS AGAIN

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
In a new attempt to influence the justices as they deliberate over the ultimate fate of Obamacare, the White House has told them that striking down the "reform" law would wreck the Medicare program: "Medicare's payment system… could freeze if President Barack Obama's health care law is summarily overturned, the administration quietly informed the courts." This bizarre claim is, according to former CMS administrator Thomas A. Scully, nonsense: "If you look at the way the law was financed, it was a combination of higher taxes and lower Medicare payments. That's what you would be rolling back." In other words, by striking down the law, the Court would forestall $500 billion in Medicare cuts called for by Obamacare as well as deep slashes in Medicare Advantage.
The claim that Medicare payments might stop if the Court ignores the administration's intimidation tactics is much like a threat the President made during the 2011 battle over the debt ceiling. At that time, Obama averred that Social Security checks might not be mailed if the GOP refused to roll over: "I cannot guarantee that those checks will go out … there may simply not be the money in the coffers to do it." That was a lie, of course, as is the threat that Medicare payments might halt. But that hasn't stopped Donald Berwick, the recess-appointed CMS head who resigned when he became an election year embarrassment for Obama, from repeating the whopper: "Medicare cannot turn on a dime… I would not be surprised if there are delays and problems with payment flow."

The American Spectator : White House Again Threatens SCOTUS on Obamacare

stinky smell of sweat and desperation..

Isn't threatening a judge a criminal offense?

Not that it would stop this current criminal regime.

by Michael Connelly

From his Article:

"I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Instead of living up to that oath, President Obama has actively attempted to subvert, ignore, and completely destroy large parts of the Constitution. I believe the President of the United States is well aware of what he is doing, and it is completely intentional. Listed below are what I believe are impeachable offenses and the list continues to grow.

Obama's Impeachable Offenses | * Hawaii Political Info

Medicare has been in trouble for a long time. I thought Obama was using the Obamacare money to shore up the Medicare Advantage program until after the election when it would be allowed to crash.

The Dems favorite tactic is to scare old people. Everyone was warned during the debt ceiling that they might not get SS checks, military retirement checks or active military pay.

The only "entitlements" never threatened are welfare checks. They don't take away freebies, just earnings.

Forum List

Back