Threat to Military Funerals

kurtsprincess

Jul 15, 2005
in my hammock
Recently received an Advisory from the DOD - "Threat to Military Funerals".

Here's the website of the group we were warned to not engage with when they show up at military funerals. I've attended four this last year and I would have a hard time avoiding these people.

Looks like we have our share of extremists in our Christian community.

Westboro Baptist Church flyer

We were told that they are deliberately trying to provoke violence so they can file civil lawsuits to make money so they can continue their protests all over the US.

Thanks. Since I have lost friends in the service I am afraid that even the solemn nature of final respects would not reinforce my self discipline. IOW I would be the guy who would pound on these bastards. Now that I know what to look for, I might be able to refrain.

violent-smiley-045.gif

GunnyL said:
What a bunch of crackpots. I'm ree-tired. I don't have to avoid them. :dev1:
I don't either. But I'd hate to mess up the final respects for one of our guys. Now if they want to cross the street......

pegwinn said:
I don't either. But I'd hate to mess up the final respects for one of our guys. Now if they want to cross the street......

I completely agree. But it seems this little group would be doing the messing up.

I'm just surprised they don't spontaneously combust the second they touch Holy ground.

My husband was the CAO for one of our soldiers and at the funeral a woman approached me and asked how she could let the soldiers attending know that she wished they didn't have to go to war and that was why she was protesting. I told her that she could approach any of them and tell them exactly what she told me.....because none of them want to "go to war" either. But they are committed and dedicated to protecting us and if their government feels they need to go to war, then they go to war.

She then asked how she could get the point across to the soldiers that when she protests, she isn't protesting the troops, but protesting the government. I said it would be pretty hard, because the troops are part of the government.

As the wife of a career soldier (26 years so far), I am pretty pissed off that I cannot voice how I feel to these crackpots. So, I'll be cheering those of you who are retired, but be careful......they are doing this for the publicity and the lawsuits. Ignoring them is akin to ignoring a troll. :bangheads

Who would be ignorant and insensitive enough to protest at a funeral? That is socially and morally repugnant.

Gabriella84 said:
Who would be ignorant and insensitive enough to protest at a funeral? That is socially and morally repugnant.

Trust me......there are many people today who have no moral compass when it comes to decency and dignity. They are so consumed with their own agenda that they have no compassion, and will use any opportunity to gain publicity and cause havoc and dissention. :dunno:

Not only are they protesting at a funeral, they are focusing on making repugnant remarks about the deceased and the families of the deceased. They are not just focused on protesting the government as most protesters are. I wonder if this group is prepared for the backlash they will receive.

The Advisory clearly states to notify the civil authorities if any should appear. They have a calendar of funerals and are planning on attending as many as possible.

kurtsprincess said:
Trust me......there are many people today who have no moral compass when it comes to decency and dignity. They are so consumed with their own agenda that they have no compassion, and will use any opportunity to gain publicity and cause havoc and dissention. :dunno:

Not only are they protesting at a funeral, they are focusing on making repugnant remarks about the deceased and the families of the deceased. They are not just focused on protesting the government as most protesters are. I wonder if this group is prepared for the backlash they will receive.

The Advisory clearly states to notify the civil authorities if any should appear. They have a calendar of funerals and are planning on attending as many as possible.

You know, I hate to sound like an authoritarian, but at what point did our rights turn into these perversions? Anti-recruiters, funeral crashers, people apologizing because we kill terrorists, etc. I just don't get it, and I consider it nothing less than an atrocity and complete mockery of the Constitution that people twist our rights that are supposed to be a good thing into crap like this.

They need a good old-fashioned ass-whipping, IMO.

GunnyL said:
You know, I hate to sound like an authoritarian, but at what point did our rights turn into these perversions? Anti-recruiters, funeral crashers, people apologizing because we kill terrorists, etc. I just don't get it, and I consider it nothing less than an atrocity and complete mockery of the Constitution that people twist our rights that are supposed to be a good thing into crap like this.

They need a good old-fashioned ass-whipping, IMO.

Yep!!! I'll get the switch for you. :thewave:

At what point you ask......check the ciriculum in your local schools.

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
I think the proper solution would be to take that 21 gun salute, aim at the protesters, and "accidentally" use real bullets! :firing: Do that once or twice and watch the protests end!

BTW - how ignorant can the "God-hates-fags" movement be?!? People like that give Christianity a bad name! :mad:

Forum List

Back