threads ???

DK looks to be having 'post what you're not supposed to post in public' problems. :)

Shattered said:
DK looks to be having 'post what you're not supposed to post in public' problems. :)

Thats why I chose this thread to ask ---it would be nice to know what he did wrong so I don't inadvertantly do it.

Do you know ?

My guess? From the bits I get to read? Questioning or attacking a Mod in public. If my guess is wrong, then I dunno.

Sir Evil said:
DK had an outing with OCA yesterday. First he jumped into the conversation and suggested OCA was wrong which is a no no, then he started making posts on the board about abuse of power and censorship. Too bad as he is a likeable guy but he should of known better being a mod in the past that those things should be discussed in private through pm's.

Thanks--didn't know that suggesting a mod was wrong was a no no.

Sir Evil said:
Yep, any problem with mods should be taken to pm with them. If that doesn't resolve the problem then a pm should be sent to me or Jim.
Are we talking about what a mod says in a post ?

Sir Evil said:
DK had an outing with OCA yesterday. First he jumped into the conversation and suggested OCA was wrong which is a no no, then he started making posts on the board about abuse of power and censorship. Too bad as he is a likeable guy but he should of known better being a mod in the past that those things should be discussed in private through pm's.

Wait. Saying oca is wrong is an official rule?

Sir Evil said:
Saying any moderator is doing the wrong thing is not a public issue! Yes, it is in the rules.

Oh you mean mod actions specificially. I thought you were saying we couldn't argue with him on issues, like amnesty, for instance.

I don't think that's what he's saying.. If a Mod nails someone else for breaking a rule, then users can not nail that mod for nailing said user in public - whether they agree or not.

Example:

Bully: Fuck you, OCA.

OCA: You're banned, Bully, for insulting a Mod.

Smarter: OCA, you're wrong for banning Bully - you've said 'fuck you' to him in the past.

Smarter broke one of the rules...

Shattered said:
I don't think that's what he's saying.. If a Mod nails someone else for breaking a rule, then users can not nail that mod for nailing said user in public - whether they agree or not.

Example:

Bully: Fuck you, OCA.

OCA: You're banned, Bully, for insulting a Mod.

Smarter: OCA, you're wrong for banning Bully - you've said 'fuck you' to him in the past.

Smarter broke one of the rules...

I would have hoped OCA could have rationally discussed that one but so it goes. I'm not a big one for going to tell the boss on people either but I guess that's the rules.

Sir Evil said:
Also if anyone find this to be unfair PM me or Jim, we think we have been more than fair with all (isn't that right RWA?) and just want to keep things flowing as easily as possible. There is no need to make angered posts about what mods have done a public issue, there are easier ways to resolve these disputes.

Yes sir, sir evil, sir. I have been treated fairly throughout my experiences at usmb!

rtwngAvngr said:
Yes sir, sir evil, sir. I have been treated fairly throughout my experiences at usmb!

With mods status changing as often as they are, could they be designated in a manner that is more obvious ?-----an isignia by thier name or something?

Sir Evil said:
Well for the most part they should remain as is for now. all mods are in dark and me and Jim are dark italics. I think you pretty mucknow all the mods now, and usually if there is a new addittion it will be announced.

It's easy to miss an announcement----didn't even know Bonnie was a mod---just a suggestion so we know who to be careful with.

Sir Evil said:
Well for a guy who constantly broke my balls and called me girlie names I would say you were treated fairly! :D

I don't remember breaking your balls. Not that your balls aren't memorable.

It's easy to miss an announcement----didn't even know Bonnie was a mod---just a suggestion so we know who to be careful with.

Well, I don't think you necessarily need to be "careful" with the mods, I'm sure some comments in jest or some arguments on topics won't bother them. They're just concerned with people trashing the mod's rules, which then leads to others thinking they should be allowed to make up their own rules (I've seen it happen).

Luckily, I'm above all this, I'm in the family, a made man. And I say that having quit the board twice because of my massive ego! :D

Forum List

Back