Threads completely erased?

WinterBorn

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2011
Atlanta
Some newbie named Stirsomethingorother started a couple of threads. "Don't read this" and "Don't read this either". I get that he was off his rocker. But other people participated in the discussions. Why are our words removed too.

Does it help to pretend he wasn't here?

Why can the thread stay up so the ridiculous nature of the statements can be seen?

Some newbie named Stirsomethingorother started a couple of threads. "Don't read this" and "Don't read this either". I get that he was off his rocker. But other people participated in the discussions. Why are our words removed too.

Why can the thread stay up so the ridiculous nature of the statements can be seen?

Sock puppets of banned members don't get a voice here.

Particularly pains in the ass like cultsmasher.

The problem is that you remove the voices of people who follow the rules and make the discussions interesting. If it was just spam ok, but why take everything out?

My problem with the practice is that it removes points that are made, voices that should be heard, and basically makes the rest of us expenible in some personal or forum bitch fight.

My problem with the practice is that it removes points that are made, voices that should be heard, and basically makes the rest of us expenible in some personal or forum bitch fight.
It's set up so that when a sock like cultsmasher keeps returning and is discovered everything is erased automatically. It's the way the software is set up, makes it easier for the mods, trust me, I know..........

I keep on losing socks in the dryer. Please let me know if any of my socks show up here.

upload_2017-6-20_7-47-49.png

The problem is that you remove the voices of people who follow the rules and make the discussions interesting. If it was just spam ok, but why take everything out?
Happens all the time. If you engage with an idiot, you take the risk of losing your pearls of wisdom along with his.

Happens all the time. If you engage with an idiot, you take the risk of losing your pearls of wisdom along with his.

If I do not engage with an idiot, there are few threads available in which to post.

Catzmeow lives here...just sayn...

I love words. Especially the written word.
Especially my written words!
But when you join in message board chatter, you should have , in the back of your mind the fact that some or all of it could just poof one day.
A few boards I was on went four legs in the air and I had a crapload of essays and stories on them.
I should have done something to keep them but now I just have to make more words and have a good time doing it

I think the true crazies on these boards are a delight. I cut my teeth in a leftist chatroom back in 2002 that was wild and free. Any attempt at stifling conservative views was met with open hostility from both sides...we liked to fight and you can't fight with your own kind for more than a day or two. The best boards are full of Boomers who know everything...we do and we don't mind proving it. This board is a good balance of idiots, masters of the written word, drunks, dopers, zealots, and zeros. Although I'm often not happy to have my threads merged with lesser OPs, I know I have to put up with it in return for the freedom I have here. While not perfect, USMB is about as close to it as it gets. :cool-45:

Forum List

Back