Thread User Blocking

Hello. I'm new. I like cheese. Well, not really, but is there a way to block sophisticated trolls that undermine threads by subtly misdirecting?

The ignore button.

I use it a lot.

However from what I've seen, you thought I was trying to undermine a thread, but I wasn't. I was talking about the issues. On the other hand, you were going off topic.

I'm not sure if you can ignore yourself.

I have yet to use ignore. Excepting the Chinese spammers.

The idiots must be seen for who they are.

You should try it.
For the longest time I did not use ignore either.
But then I gor fed up with a few people carpet bombing threads...so I used it.
Will never go back, it is amazing how much better the site is with just 2-3 people turned off.

Hello. I'm new. I like cheese. Well, not really, but is there a way to block sophisticated trolls that undermine threads by subtly misdirecting?

We don't even have a way to block unsophisticated trolls that unsubtly misdirect posts like me!

Maybe I'll grow on you. I've seen it happen.

Anyway...welcome to the but house!

The but house? :uhh:

We don't even have a way to block unsophisticated trolls that unsubtly misdirect posts like me!

You shut up MM... I don't need any cat calls from the gallery.

For some reason the edit feature quit working for me.

If anyone needs a damn edit feature it's ME!

*cries*

You shut up MM... I don't need any cat calls from the gallery.

For some reason the edit feature quit working for me.

If anyone needs a damn edit feature it's ME!

*cries*

Aww, it's OK sweetie. :11_2_1043:

I have to edit almost every post.

You should try it.
Will never go back, it is amazing how much better the site is with just 2-3 people turned off.
Doesn't it get confusing when people are making remarks that seem to come from out of nowhere to someone you can't see?

You shouldn't be confused if you yourself put them on ignore. Besides, there's context. Like if Del is telling someone to die, you know who he's likely to be responding to...

You should try it.
Doesn't it get confusing when people are making remarks that seem to come from out of nowhere to someone you can't see?

Not for me, the people I put on ignore, which BTW is only 3, and one of them apparently doesn't post here anymore, are posters who carpet bomb threads. Meaning they make multiple-useless threads a day. So I don't see the threads, so if I don't see there threads, I don't see what I am "missing"...which is nothing.

Edit... I just looked, I actually have 10 or so people on ignore, but they are mostly spammers that don't post here anymore.

You shouldn't be confused if you yourself put them on ignore. Besides, there's context. Like if Del is telling someone to die, you know who he's likely to be responding to...
Rumor has it, we should be speaking of del in the past tense, as sad as that is.

we have an ignore function, I don't know how it's done as I consider it a function for weak people.
Now now. Sometimes...seeing bullshit constantly being spewed is a waste of the scroll finger.
Tell me..would you go hang out at a bar that was full of lowlife scumbags that would stab you as soon as look at you or would you rather go hang out at a bar filled with friends and good food and live music not too loud to assault your ears? I'm betting the latter.:)
vast difference between risking getting stabbed and hearing someones pointless blather.

And I was the bartender in that bar.

Forum List

Back