Thread User Blocking

capego

Jul 4, 2018
capego.icu
Hello. I'm new. I like cheese. Well, not really, but is there a way to block sophisticated trolls that undermine threads by subtly misdirecting?

we have an ignore function, I don't know how it's done as I consider it a function for weak people.

aside from that

:welcome:

and for the traditional question;

do you have any nekkid pics of yourself?

we have an ignore function, I don't know how it's done as I consider it a function for weak people.

aside from that

:welcome:

and for the traditional question;

do you have any nekkid pics of yourself?

If I were discussing engineering a tank with some coworkers and some gnat kept coming in talking about how "tanks kill ants" and "we shouldn't be engineering a tank", although these topics include tanks, they are off topic and counter constructive to the purpose of the discussion. Normally I would just swat the gnat.

And, yes, I have plenty of nudes. Have you ever seen a black background? That's actually a nude of me.

Hello. I'm new. I like cheese. Well, not really, but is there a way to block sophisticated trolls that undermine threads by subtly misdirecting?
Welcome.

The ignore feature is really your only defense, outside of starting threads in the CDZ (Clean Debate Zone). That can help.

Otherwise you pretty much get used to the children trying to inflate their flagging self esteem by disrupting threads and annoying others.
wine-and-cheese-pairings.jpg

Hey buddy. If you click on the person's name, their relevant public stats come up

and there's a lower right menu choice 'ignore.' I'm sure it's probably just click & go.

Peace

Best way I know is don't respond to them.

I agree, but, with particular topics, it seems trolls are otherwise incentivised and will continue to post in an attempt to misdirect threads with side conversations which have some minor relevance (what sort of ants do the tanks run over).

My perspective is, the OP should be able to publicly ban users from a thread (such that others see where and when the user was banned). Perhaps, being needlessly nice, giving the user a last post option. It would appear the only practical way to get rid of these types of trolls. And, I don't think it would become detrimental to the forum because those who would use the banning frivolously would be apparent and probably ignored.

Best way I know is don't respond to them.

I agree, but, with particular topics, it seems trolls are otherwise incentivised and will continue to post in an attempt to misdirect threads with side conversations which have some minor relevance (what sort of ants do the tanks run over).

My perspective is, the OP should be able to publicly ban users from a thread (such that others see where and when the user was banned). Perhaps, being needlessly nice, giving the user a last post option. It would appear the only practical way to get rid of these types of trolls. And, I don't think it would become detrimental to the forum because those who would use the banning frivolously would be apparent and probably ignored.

There's already a place like that. It's called mIRC.

Welcome, Carpego. Usually I hand out donuts to the newbies, but Mac's already brought the wine and cheese and it looks good.

As for banning posters from "your" thread for going off topic, I sense a need for control here. This is probably not the best place for you, if I got that straight. I agree with you that it is annoying as hell when a goomba comes in and turns your thread topic, but if a bunch of other posters are willing to take the bait, there's not much you can do about it. Unless it's totally off topic and flaming, in which case you can report the mess to the mods.

It's pretty much like herding cats around here. But it can be fun.

Great. Another FNG who thinks he has all the answers to what ails us.

Tell you what, crapego, why don't you start with post a thread that is worthy of not being derailed, hijacked, or otherwise derided, then worry about who you want to ban from it because you don't like or agree with what they posted? So far I haven't seen one...

Welcome, Carpego. Usually I hand out donuts to the newbies, but Mac's already brought the wine and cheese and it looks good.

As for banning posters from "your" thread for going off topic, I sense a need for control here. This is probably not the best place for you, if I got that straight. I agree with you that it is annoying as hell when a goomba comes in and turns your thread topic, but if a bunch of other posters are willing to take the bait, there's not much you can do about it. Unless it's totally off topic and flaming, in which case you can report the mess to the mods.

It's pretty much like herding cats around here. But it can be fun.

How dare you sense the need for control. I demand you desist posting on my thread. Where's a mod when you need one

Ima come here fora nice bowl a spaghetti...

I also lika da cheese.

Ima don't lika whenada OldLady calla me da insult Da Goombah.

Ima gonna closa disa thread.

Ima smella da Limburger.

Lika smella da ass.

Ima go now. To Tha Mai.

Day hassa nice bowla da noodle.

Welcome to USMB, Capego.

We trolla you thread.

We don't even have a way to block unsophisticated trolls that unsubtly misdirect posts like me!

Maybe I'll grow on you. I've seen it happen.

Anyway...welcome to the but house!

Now now. Sometimes...seeing bullshit constantly being spewed is a waste of the scroll finger.
Tell me..would you go hang out at a bar that was full of lowlife scumbags that would stab you as soon as look at you or would you rather go hang out at a bar filled with friends and good food and live music not too loud to assault your ears? I'm betting the latter.:)

Forum List

Back