Thread starters....

Dirt McGirt

Bad Mother****er
Dec 19, 2006
Wow. There are absolutely waaaaaaaaay too many threads being posted in current events. Half of them don't even get replies and some can be combined with others or posted in another forum. I'm usually not one to complain about stuff, and I'm totally against censorship, but these posting of minor news events seems a bit excessive. These new threads are pushing the active threads down and it's hard to keep up. I'm not trying to call anyone out but can we just start limiting the current events threads to relevant or interesting discussions so the board isn't flooded?

Am I the only one that sees this as annoying?

Wow. There are absolutely waaaaaaaaay too many threads being posted in current events. Half of them don't even get replies and some can be combined with others or posted in another forum. I'm usually not one to complain about stuff, and I'm totally against censorship, but these posting of minor news events seems a bit excessive. These new threads are pushing the active threads down and it's hard to keep up. I'm not trying to call anyone out but can we just start limiting the current events threads to relevant or interesting discussions so the board isn't flooded?

That's what's cool, we can either reply or not, but get a place to share what we think is interesting.

I rarely respond in certain arenas, but once in awhile something catches my interest, post where your interests lie. Different strokes for different folks.

That's what's cool, we can either reply or not, but get a place to share what we think is interesting.

I rarely respond in certain arenas, but once in awhile something catches my interest, post where your interests lie. Different strokes for different folks.

Oh yeah, moving this to 'discussion.'

No I totally understand. But posting new topic after topic after topic in current events kind of makes it hard for me to get started on something that I find interesting. I lose interest and won't even post in a thread when I know my comments are going to get buried on page 2 by the next day. There's no point in writing something that no one is going to get a chance to read. I doubt that I'm the only one that thinks that. Just an observation but some threads can be put in more appropriate forums and it would solve some of the flooding.

No I totally understand. But posting new topic after topic after topic in current events kind of makes it hard for me to get started on something that I find interesting. I lose interest and won't even post in a thread when I know my comments are going to get buried on page 2 by the next day. There's no point in writing something that no one is going to get a chance to read. I doubt that I'm the only one that thinks that. Just an observation but some threads can be put in more appropriate forums and it would solve some of the flooding.
Tag those you think so, we'll review. It's easy enough to move or merge. Thanks.

Tag those you think so, we'll review. It's easy enough to move or merge. Thanks.
I'm not an admin or mod so I decline on specifically deciding what should be moved and to where. But I count 13 threads on the first page with less than 4 replies that could be moved to more appropriate forums and/or merged with other threads.

I'm not an admin or mod so I decline on specifically deciding what should be moved and to where. But I count 13 threads on the first page with less than 4 replies that could be moved to more appropriate forums and/or merged with other threads.

No you are not, but all you need to do is click the red exclamation point and explain why. 'Lack of replies' does not qualify. Otherwise, thanks for the fish.

LOL. Fish? Try more like a bone.

Why Our Politicians Are Sooo Bad...
BELONGS IN POLITICS

The Past Week Says A Lot About Who 'We' Are
BELONGS IN POLITICS

Does Anyone Find 'A Woman Speaker' A Victory For All Women?
BELONGS IN POLITICS

Hanson: On Our "Broken Military"
BELONGS IN MILITARY

Bolton's Seat Going To US Ambassador To Iraq
BELONGS IN WORLD

Terrorism Experts Predict
BELONGS IN TERRORISM

"Gay Cure" Study Meets Harsh Opposition ( 1 2)
BELONGS IN SCIENCE OR LIFESTYLE

Designer Defects?

Kofi's Legacy
BELONGS IN GLOBAL

Creepy Far Right
BELONGS IN POLITICS

9 bomb blasts kill 3 and stun Bangkok
BELONGS IN TERRORISM OR GLOBLAL

Horrible ( 1 2)/Editorial: Newspapers SHOULD Complain About AP/NY Times: Time for the Public Editor to Go?
CAN BE MERGED UNDER A LEFT WING MEDIA THREAD

Now I'm not saying move them all. Just saying that all of those threads taken as a whole are flooding current events.

LOL. Fish? Try more like a bone.

Why Our Politicians Are Sooo Bad...
BELONGS IN POLITICS

The Past Week Says A Lot About Who 'We' Are
BELONGS IN POLITICS

Does Anyone Find 'A Woman Speaker' A Victory For All Women?
BELONGS IN POLITICS

Hanson: On Our "Broken Military"
BELONGS IN MILITARY

Bolton's Seat Going To US Ambassador To Iraq
BELONGS IN WORLD

Terrorism Experts Predict
BELONGS IN TERRORISM

"Gay Cure" Study Meets Harsh Opposition ( 1 2)

Designer Defects?

Kofi's Legacy
BELONGS IN GLOBAL

Creepy Far Right
BELONGS IN POLITICS

9 bomb blasts kill 3 and stun Bangkok
BELONGS IN TERRORISM OR GLOBLAL

Horrible ( 1 2)/Editorial: Newspapers SHOULD Complain About AP/NY Times: Time for the Public Editor to Go?
CAN BE MERGED UNDER A LEFT WING MEDIA THREAD

Now I'm not saying move them all. Just saying that all of those threads taken as a whole are flooding current events.

For the last time, I've explained how it works. Each has to be done manually and their is a system in place with which to do so. As you stated, here you are not mod or admin. So, please try following the directions.

For the last time, I've explained how it works. Each has to be done manually and their is a system in place with which to do so. As you stated, here you are not mod or admin. So, please try following the directions.
You said thanks for the fish. I just listed those threads to show you it wasn't a figment of my imagination. And no I'm not going to go through and individually mark each thread I think needs to be moved. That's not my responsibility. If it's such a hassle then I'll just ignore all the threads in current events.

You said thanks for the fish. I just listed those threads to show you it wasn't a figment of my imagination. And no I'm not going to go through and individually mark each thread I think needs to be moved. That's not my responsibility. If it's such a hassle then I'll just ignore all the threads in current events.

Your choice, you might wish to use the procedure as given in the future. BTW, the fish wasn't about your imagination.

yep you are the only one.....

Forum List

Back