Thread For Mattskramer, Polygamy, Warren Jeffs

Dr Grump said:
Naw, you don't rant and insult enough to be a neocon. And you don't follow Bush hook, line and sinker.

BTW, I agree with a lot of what you say. Most people are moderate - it's just the extremists on both sides that get the most "airplay"...

Interesting that you have the same opinion of "neocons" most conservatives have of ALL liberals. And I must say, liberals monopolize ranting and raving.

As far as following Bush goes, conservatives aren't given much choice what with the "stellar" performers you libs keep trying to run for office.

I personally don't care for the term "neocon," for the simple reasons that it is used in a derogatory vein, and it oversimplifies a serious shift in politics during the late 70s.

My political values have NEVER changed. When Carter yanked the rug out from under the moderate left and shifted the spectrum, those who were moderate liberals were suddenly moderate conservatives. It wasn't like there was a conscious switch of allegience. The moderate left was abandoned.

Since that time, the Dems have held the Presidency a total of 12 years out of 30. Ought to tell you something.

GunnyL said:
Interesting that you have the same opinion of "neocons" most conservatives have of ALL liberals. And I must say, liberals monopolize ranting and raving.

As far as following Bush goes, conservatives aren't given much choice what with the "stellar" performers you libs keep trying to run for office.

I personally don't care for the term "neocon," for the simple reasons that it is used in a derogatory vein, and it oversimplifies a serious shift in politics during the late 70s.

My political values have NEVER changed. When Carter yanked the rug out from under the moderate left and shifted the spectrum, those who were moderate liberals were suddenly moderate conservatives. It wasn't like there was a conscious switch of allegience. The moderate left was abandoned.

Since that time, the Dems have held the Presidency a total of 12 years out of 30. Ought to tell you something.

I see the neo con label as meaning an 'old time liberal' meaning, I'm for civil rights; women's rights, (which do not necessarily include killing the unborn), while maintaining our country's ability to defend itself and when possible, our allies. At the same time, I am for defending or in our Southern border establishing our borders. I want our government to more reflect the ideas of only doing those things that the individual, then the states, cannot do for themselves. Meaning national defense, interstate commerce, treaties, and international trade.

Kathianne said:
Thanks for saying I don't rant and rave, however, I think my neocon definition actually predates Clinton, so the GW jab doesn't quite fit. I really think that taxes from the feds should be cut by like 20% and military expenditures increased by at least that amount. Which means lots of layoffs for the entrenched and more turning over to the states.

Roger re pre Clinton. My take on a neocon is a new conservative - ie: very religious, very anti-liberal, very capitalistic, and will do anything to get the win no matter who gets hurt. I hear ya, re your definition. That is one that several folks on another board I post on like to think of the term. Some terms get bastardised over time...neocon is one of them.

I also find it interesting that one of the big planks of conservatives is to cut taxes big time. Get the money out of the government and more in your pockets........until you mention the military...then it's spend, spend, spend....

GunnyL said:
Interesting that you have the same opinion of "neocons" most conservatives have of ALL liberals. And I must say, liberals monopolize ranting and raving..

From my experience, loony lefties tend to rant, rabid rightist tend to insult.

GunnyL said:

Hmmm...I don't really like any of the lib candidates either, but I think Gore would have done better than Admin Bush. Dunno about Kerry.

GunnyL said:

That's what has happened to the term liberal too...

GunnyL said:

Fair enough..

GunnyL said:

Yeah, which confuses the hell out of me why conservatives bitch so much about things going wrong when they've been in charge for so long...

Dr Grump said:
Roger re pre Clinton. My take on a neocon is a new conservative - ie: very religious, very anti-liberal, very capitalistic, and will do anything to get the win no matter who gets hurt. I hear ya, re your definition. That is one that several folks on another board I post on like to think of the term. Some terms get bastardised over time...neocon is one of them.

I also find it interesting that one of the big planks of conservatives is to cut taxes big time. Get the money out of the government and more in your pockets........until you mention the military...then it's spend, spend, spend....

I find the 'far right', meaning not the 'survivalist/self appointed patriot' they are a world onto themselves, but rather the 'religious right' or 'old South' not neo-con. Their agenda is different, not less important, but not neo-con. I don't agree with all, but some of their positions. The most problematic part of their agenda, I think they would deport Catholics and others if they could. Not all mind you, but too many.

I guess I'm one of those votes the dems think they should have, but don't. The GOP assumes they have, but shouldn't.

Well OCA, not only does our board pervert think polygamy and incest is all fine and dandy, he also thinks it's perfectly fine for his mamma to put on a strap on and work over his ass, but that doesn't make him a fag.

I'll tell ya, the more this douche bag opens his mouth, the sicker we find out he is.

Forum List

Back