Thread For Mattskramer, Polygamy, Warren Jeffs

OCA

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2004
Washington D.C.
Remember you are on record here supporting polygamy and freedom to practice religion that involves polygamy.

Do you believe this man to be persecuted because of his religion and that he should be allowed to run his outfit as he sees fit (arranged marriages to underage girls and polygamy) based upon religious freedom?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_Jeffs

Dr Grump said:
Nothing wrong with polygamy as long as all are adults and all are consenting...

Grump when the fuck did your nic become Mattskramer?

But anyway thanks for the insight into a morally bankrupt mind and hey.......Warren Jeffs is looking for a few good men, give him a call!

It always amuses me that conservatives cry religious freedom when it comes to letting children die because their parents don't believe in Doctors, but if Dad has more than one wife, religious freedom goes out the window. Personally, I have no issue with polygamy so long as all the parties consent. As for the underaged girl part, that's another issue. If both she and her parents consent to the marriage, then fine, but there should be some safeguard if she doesn't want to be married. I'm not sure the best way to work this, to be quite honest. Of course, this also depends on the age of the girl, if she's 16 that's one thing, if she's 11 that's quite another. I don't see this as a religious freedom issue as much as a consenting adults should be free to do whatever they want in the privacy of their own homes so long as it doesn't hurt someone else (i.e. murder).

Personally, I think this guy is a nutbag.

acludem

acludem said:
It always amuses me that conservatives cry religious freedom when it comes to letting children die because their parents don't believe in Doctors, but if Dad has more than one wife, religious freedom goes out the window. Personally, I have no issue with polygamy so long as all the parties consent. As for the underaged girl part, that's another issue. If both she and her parents consent to the marriage, then fine, but there should be some safeguard if she doesn't want to be married. I'm not sure the best way to work this, to be quite honest. Of course, this also depends on the age of the girl, if she's 16 that's one thing, if she's 11 that's quite another. I don't see this as a religious freedom issue as much as a consenting adults should be free to do whatever they want in the privacy of their own homes so long as it doesn't hurt someone else (i.e. murder).

acludem

So Jeffs is arranging marriages between underage girls(take your pick of age he's done them all) to older men 40-70 years old, of course the girl and her family are going to say they consented because ol' Warren has brainwashed them into thinking that they will go to hell if they refuse and at the very least they will be ostracized within the community or worst case..... whacked.

But what the hell? Everyone consents, right?

Seems like all you polygamy lovers out there are just giving me your take on polygamy between consenting and freethinking adults, have some balls and defend polygamy as it is practiced in this situation.

Anybody wanna get Warren's back? Lol

I don't condone Warren Jeffs' particular behavior, per se. I think he's a nutjob, but like many nutjobs, he's quite persuasive. The problem is, he doesn't recognize the authority of either the state of Utah or the United States. It doesn't matter to him whether polygamy or underage marriage is legal or not, because he only obeys what he sees as God's authority.

The Wikipedia article only mentions a 16 year old, which, frankly in my opinion, a 16 year old has the mental capacity to decide whether to marry or not. We'll certainly try her as an adult if she kills someone, won't we?

acludem

OCA said:

But anyway thanks for the insight into a morally bankrupt mind and hey.......Warren Jeffs is looking for a few good men, give him a call!

Saying that Warren Jeffs is representative of the problems with polygamy is like saying Jeffrey Dahmer is representative of the problems of being a carnivore.

And the relationship into which consenting adults choose to enter really isn't anyone's business but their own. After all, isn't the bible full of folk who were polygamists? Nothing about it in the 10 Commandments.... :)

jillian said:
Saying that Warren Jeffs is representative of the problems with polygamy is like saying Jeffrey Dahmer is representative of the problems of being a carnivore.

And the relationship into which consenting adults choose to enter really isn't anyone's business but their own. After all, isn't the bible full of folk who were polygamists? Nothing about it in the 10 Commandments.... :)

What consenting adults do so long as society deems it to be normal is not anybody's business, polygamy and queer marriage being two glaring examples are EVERYBODY'S business.

A well oiled society must have limits and the majority sets those limits.

Anyway i'm waiting for Matts to reply because he loves that polygamy and incest!

Thanks for your 1 cent worth honey!

OCA said:
What consenting adults do so long as society deems it to be normal is not anybody's business, polygamy and queer marriage being two glaring examples are EVERYBODY'S business.

A well oiled society must have limits and the majority sets those limits.

Anyway i'm waiting for Matts to reply because he loves that polygamy and incest!

Thanks for your 1 cent worth honey!

And who do you think sets the rules for that well-oiled society? You? Or only those who are of like-mind and in step with your views? Luckily, this country wasn't built on "majority rules" when it comes to people's rights.

And given what I've seen you write about gay marriage, I'd say that we're quite lucky that's the case.

As for my 1 cent worth, hon, ummmmmm.... I was under the impression that the word "moderator" contained within it the root word "moderate". Silly moi. ;)

OCA said:
One of a handful of posts by Matts on polygamy and this one even includes incest!

http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9029&page=4&highlight=polygamy

Yes. Notice post # 50.

mattskramer said:
Sorry about the delay. I have a life outside the Internet. Yes, You have the general Idea. I support polygamy, incest relationships, and the like provided that the individuals directly involved are adults with an understanding of the risks and consequences.

No. The 1st amendment should have limits, as should the 2nd amendment. I don't support someone who has sexual conduct with a minor and conspiracy to conduct sexual conduct with a minor.

OCA said:

It's a messageboard. You wanna private opinion, PM him..:mm:

OCA said:
But anyway thanks for the insight into a morally bankrupt mind..

I haven't been mindreading your thoughts....

OCA said:
Warren Jeffs is looking for a few good men, give him a call!

No idea who he is, nor do I care.

jillian said:
And who do you think sets the rules for that well-oiled society? You? Or only those who are of like-mind and in step with your views? Luckily, this country wasn't built on "majority rules" when it comes to people's rights.

Yeah, lucky for us our laws cater to every screwball minority that comes along and claims discrimination. And you libs are always SO willing to take up their cause.

And given what I've seen you write about gay marriage, I'd say that we're quite lucky that's the case.

As for my 1 cent worth, hon, ummmmmm.... I was under the impression that the word "moderator" contained within it the root word "moderate". Silly moi. ;)

What does being a moderator have to do with his political viewpoint?

GunnyL said:
What does being a moderator have to do with his political viewpoint?

Oh...nothing at all to do with his viewpoints....just the way he expresses them.

*Edit* And in answer to your other question...better than letting extremists like you make decisions about how everyone else is supposed to live. So there ya go.

The crux of the situation is "obey the frickin' law", and this jeffs doesn't. But, what 50, 60 year old man wouldn't like to nightly bone a 15 year old nubile, and get away with it? It's natural for an old bull to want to bread the young hefers. It's an instinct. If you're a man, of ANY age, including older, and you tell me that young, pert, curvy, girls don't turn you on, you're either a faggot or a liar... or your sex drive is dead.

Two things, if you're an older gentleman, you're not going to get a some young girl to look sideways at you. They're interested in the young boys, not the old men. So for an old fucker to get the opportunity to have one HANDED to you, well, you still gotta be a little sick in the head, because you HAVE to know, THEY DON'T WANT TO BE WITH YOU! It's a bad, bad situation. Second, whoever is involved in it should have their ass kicked, and then turned in for a nice long prison term, with 400 pound black cellmate called Bubba, that's going to make you his bitch.

Forum List

Back