Thread error - sorry

I sure hope you can resurrect that thread, Jim! I thought about that last night after I posted & was going save a copy of the whole thread just because.

Originally posted by NightTrain
I sure hope you can resurrect that thread, Jim! I thought about that last night after I posted & was going save a copy of the whole thread just because.

I do have a backup, but it's 24 hours old.

The SQL request crashed while the thread in question was open. The repair utility flushes out all data that is not recognizable. Since the thread was opened, it repairs everything else and discards that. It looks like it is gone.

I'm entering a support ticket to see if anything can be done to revive it.

Originally posted by spillmind
i saved copies.

i am more of a loser than all y'all!

Unfortunately, it's probably useless to me as it won't be in sql format. If you did in fact save it all, it would be nice to have it even reposted in text format.

If so, you may need to do so over several posts as there is a 15,000 character limitation.

Here's the question I sent to support, I'll update you all as to what they say. I'm confident they'll say the thread is history, but it can't hurt to ask.
----------------------------------------------------

While thread was open by several users, the following error ocurred:

Database error in vBulletin 2.3.2:

Invalid SQL:
SELECT

thread.threadid
FROM thread
WHERE thread.forumid = 15
AND thread.sticky=0
AND thread.visible=1
AND sticky=0

ORDER BY sticky DESC, lastpost DESC
LIMIT 0,25
mysql error: Got error 127 from table handler

mysql error number: 1030

I was able to use MySql Front and ran a repair. The forum is now accessible once again, minus the thread in question.

Although I have a backup of all my databases as of 24 hours ago, am I assuming correctly that everything entered in that thread since is now gone forever?

Lastly, what can be done to prevent thread loss in the future? Other than backing up after every post of course.

Damn, and I never got to see the reply from limp dick! Hey spill you rubbing your ball? hahahahahahhaahhaahha!

Forum List

Back