Thousands surround Japan's parliament, protest US base plan

I understand the frustration of those people, but don't they recognize the advantage of the U.S. maintaining an interest there? China's been flexing its muscles pretty hard lately, and those 2 don't exactly have the friendliest of history's...

But then again I wonder what politics are like over there. Maybe there's a movement to ally with China? I don't know :dunno:

I think people in general are averse to the idea of foreign of bases on their soil even if they are there to protect them.

I understand the frustration of those people, but don't they recognize the advantage of the U.S. maintaining an interest there? China's been flexing its muscles pretty hard lately, and those 2 don't exactly have the friendliest of history's...

But then again I wonder what politics are like over there. Maybe there's a movement to ally with China? I don't know :dunno:

I think people in general are averse to the idea of foreign of bases on their soil even if they are there to protect them.
Do you REALLY think we are there top protect THEM..???.....Just look at a map of SE Asia..!!!
I haven't been there for @ 50 years now, bu all I ever saw there, were whores in Village 1, 2, or 3, and a bunch of waterbuffaloes plowing rice paddys..:beer:

Meh...if they don't want a base, let them fend for themselves.

Today, we drove past a new restaurant called "Tokyo Japanese Cuisine".

I mused to the Mrs. "why don't you see restaurants named 'Hiroshima Japanese Cuisine' or 'Nagasaki Japanese Cuisine'"?

:dunno:

Food from both those cities is delicious and very famous throughout the country.

I have to agree with TheOldSchool. I definitely think there is a pro China bias among opinion makers and even certain lawmakers. There have been times when I felt like CNN was a paid advertisement platform for China while watching their China coverage.

Forum List

Back