Thousands protest Roe v. Wade decision

One might reverse that argument and say that the moralistic, religious right who thinks they're more moral than I am because they want to protect zygotes has no problem with letting real people, living people die. This BS about people being pro-life is an absolute sham. It isn't pro life, it's pro birth. Being pro-life requires some concept of quality of life. But nah... does the religious right want to provide for unwanted kids? Nope... they say we live in "nanny state" if we even discuss it. Do they want single moms (white single moms being the largest group on welfare and the largest group of unwed moms, too, I believe) to get daycare? Nope. Job training? Nope. And why? Because it has nothing to do with protecting life. It has everything in the world to do with punishing the harlots for getting knocked up in the first place.

Quite an assumption, and incorrect at almost every level.

Attempting to marginalize and dehumanize an unborn human being as scientific "thing" is just exactly that ... an attempt.

The rest of your post is assumptive accusations based on sweeping generalizations of conservatives and/or religious conservatives.

First off, I do not oppose helping those who truly need it, and I know few Christians and/or conservatives who do. There's a difference between that and not wanting to support the current system that DOES foster and perpetuate a nanny state, and doesn't tighten up the checks and balances to minimize fraud.

Was it *me* running the show, the entire welfare system and/or any programs designed to help those in need would be completely overhauled, but unlike you accuse, I would not leave so in need with nothing.

I will however point out I was a single parent for quite a few years, and in the Marines, AND I still managed. No I didn't have a computer, HBO and Ethan Allen furniture, but we managed to get along just fine with what we had. So, you aren't speaking on a topic of which I know nothing.

What you choose to call punishment to serve your argument in actuality is being responsible for one's actions. Punishment is no part of my thinking. All I ever hear from the left is about your rights, but you want them without the responsibility that goes with them and/or the consequences that result in exercising them.

Why is it asking too much of people that if they cannot for whatever reason raise a child to ensure they take every proper precaution to ensure they don't make one? THAT would resolve this issue.

And don't start heaving exceptions at me because I am well aware there are exceptions.

In the meantime, let's keep this in perspective. I am merely stating my opinion on a message board. In actual practice I treat this issue the same as religion ... you have the right to do whatever the law allows and I'm not going to stop you. In the end, I have to answer only for myself.

Forum List

Back