Thousands protest Glenn Beck Day

Reminder - thousands are not protesting Glen Beck Day in Mount Vernon.

Seattle-based FUSE primarily did an online petition.

The story linked in this thread was from a Portland blogger.

Mount Vernon is a primarily conservative little river city - and the surrounding Skagit County even more so.

The Beck "controversies" seem to have done nothing but make Beck more popular in the ratings - his show at 5:00 p.m. has nearly 300% of the viewers that Olbermann has in prime time - and 500% more than Chris Mathews. His move to FOX News has been an incredible success story...

So, will FOX cover the protests or not? I would hate for them to seem hypocritical or anything....
well, there would actually have to BE a real protest

Exactly - there is no protest!

There will be a handful of people outside with little signs - hardly a newsworthy protest...

So, will FOX cover the protests or not? I would hate for them to seem hypocritical or anything....

There will be a handful of people outside with little signs - hardly a newsworthy protest...
if you read the story at the link in the OP, even that partisan hack reporter said the event is a tickets only event and its sold out

if you read the story at the link in the OP, even that partisan hack reporter said the event is a tickets only event and its sold out
No shit? I didn't read the article because I'm not frothy against or for Beck. Some are, and that's their right. We all have different tastes.

But...

this thread is so laughably dishonest. Thanks for pointing that out.

No shit? I didn't read the article because I'm not frothy against or for Beck. Some are, and that's their right. We all have different tastes.

But...

this thread is so laughably dishonest. Thanks for pointing that out.
yeah, the moron, autozona played himself for the fool once again

:lol:

Mount Vernon: Thousands protest Glenn Beck Day

In Mount Vernon, Washington, thousands are protesting this weekend's upcoming Glenn Beck Day. 16,000 citizens have signed a 275 page petition protesting Glen Beck Day.

6a00d83451b46269e20120a5ed3efa970c-350wi

Mount Vernon: Thousands protest Glenn Beck Day

Woah woah woah hold on a second... Glen Beck Day? What?

What really sucks about this, is that people take an entertainer so damned seriously. Our country is no longer about policy and doing something, it's now about talking heads.

The left really doesn't believe in freedom of speech. It's scary. I think Beck is a little nuts and I don't care for him, but to protest like this is crazy.

People protesting someone isn't an exercise in free speech? Did they call for Beck to be silenced or censored? No, so your post is manure.

Several have ... have you ever read Zona's posts? :eusa_whistle:

What really sucks about this, is that people take an entertainer so damned seriously. Our country is no longer about policy and doing something, it's now about talking heads.

Problem is it's always been that way, only there's a different term for it. Not sure what it is, but before Obama, more Americans were interested in American Idol than in any debate that was going on the House floor.

Problem is it's always been that way, only there's a different term for it. Not sure what it is, but before Obama, more Americans were interested in American Idol than in any debate that was going on the House floor.

No, it hasn't always been like that. If it had we would have never become a country.

No, it hasn't always been like that. If it had we would have never become a country.
I correct myself: It's been like that for most of my life, arguably all of my 26 years. And I still think more people are driven by who than by what. It's not often "I disagree with the stimulus, I think this is what we should be doing..." it's "Democrats/Republicans are Kommunists!/Fascists!"

What debate was that?....
Patriot Act passed by the Democrat controlled Senate with NO DEBATE.
Iraq War Resolution passed by the Democrat controlled Senate with NO DEBATE.

The left really doesn't believe in freedom of speech. It's scary. I think Beck is a little nuts and I don't care for him, but to protest like this is crazy.

People protesting someone isn't an exercise in free speech? Did they call for Beck to be silenced or censored? No, so your post is manure.

Several have ... have you ever read Zona's posts? :eusa_whistle:

I'm not going to claim I follow her that closely but from those I have seen, she never called for censorship.

What debate was that?....
Patriot Act passed by the Democrat controlled Senate with NO DEBATE.
Iraq War Resolution passed by the Democrat controlled Senate with NO DEBATE.

Somehow I don't think you're following the conversation Kitten and I are having.

LOL - there were only a few hundred within that "petition" actually from Mount Vernon - the rest are all over the place due to the fact this "petition" was primarily done via online by the Seattle progressive group FUSE. And a bunch of online signatures hardly represents thousands "protesting".

Blogs | goskagit.com

There is one city councilman who has spearheaded the anti-Beck stuff from City Hall, but he has met with little real interest. The local Skagit County Democrats office is in Mount Vernon, but they have long been an office of the minority party for that County - they will certainly bus in as many "protesters" as possible but it will much ado about nothing, and in the end, there will be some good money raised for the local theatre.

Blogs | goskagit.com

LOL nice.......I love it when these lying ass liberals get exposed.

Forum List

Back