Thousands protest Glenn Beck Day

Mount Vernon: Thousands protest Glenn Beck Day

In Mount Vernon, Washington, thousands are protesting this weekend's upcoming Glenn Beck Day. 16,000 citizens have signed a 275 page petition protesting Glen Beck Day.

6a00d83451b46269e20120a5ed3efa970c-350wi

I wonder if FOX news will be there to cover this protest, like they did the tea parties? I wonder if they will send the same female employee to whip up the crowds so she can make up her story (I mean, news) as she goes along? I wonder if there will be 2 MILLION people at this protest too?:eusa_whistle:
I'd make a friendly bet online that they will. It would be a great story - a protest of 'the enemy' against one of their own? The viewers would slurp it up.

So, how do we do an online bet, if you want? Ha! Got it. Whoever wins gets to pick the avatar of the other and the other has to use that avatar for 48 hours. Game?

LOL. I think it might be fun.

In Mount Vernon, Washington, thousands are protesting this weekend's upcoming Glenn Beck Day. 16,000 citizens have signed a 275 page petition protesting Glen Beck Day.

6a00d83451b46269e20120a5ed3efa970c-350wi

I wonder if FOX news will be there to cover this protest, like they did the tea parties? I wonder if they will send the same female employee to whip up the crowds so she can make up her story (I mean, news) as she goes along? I wonder if there will be 2 MILLION people at this protest too?:eusa_whistle:
I'd make a friendly bet online that they will. It would be a great story - a protest of 'the enemy' against one of their own? The viewers would slurp it up.

So, how do we do an online bet, if you want? Ha! Got it. Whoever wins gets to pick the avatar of the other and the other has to use that avatar for 48 hours. Game?

I should read the TOS rules first as they pertain to avatars. Next, we need to decide what we will call "coverage". If you remember, FOX had a problem with this definition in the past and was caught lying about the other networks.

I should read the TOS rules first as they pertain to avatars. Next, we need to decide what we will call "coverage". If you remember, FOX had a problem with this definition in the past and was caught lying about the other networks.
Good point.

Hmmm. In my personal book, I call coverage any mention of it on one of their programs (Fox News, not Fox network). But, see I would have to depend on others to tell me if that happened, because I don't watch them all that much.

Good point.

Hmmm. In my personal book, I call coverage any mention of it on one of their programs (Fox News, not Fox network). But, see I would have to depend on others to tell me if that happened, because I don't watch them all that much.

And that is fair, as that is what I call coverage as well. However, like you, I would be dependent on others to confirm, as I rarely watch FOX news.

Good point.

And that is fair, as that is what I call coverage as well. However, like you, I would be dependent on others to confirm, as I rarely watch FOX news.
Dogonnit. It was a fun idea while it lasted.

We can save that bet for something more easily confrimed.

Good point.

Dogonnit. It was a fun idea while it lasted.

We can save that bet for something more easily confrimed.

AND just so you know, I have made bets before with a fellow poster on the MSNBC boards. Unfortunately, he is one of the few from those boards who has not found his way over here yet. The way we did it was to provide a donations to the other person's favorite charity. We bet on who would get the Democratic nomination. In the end, I won, he sent a donation to my charity, and out of good sprtsmanship, I sent a contribution to his favorite charity too. It was all in good fun and everyone won, in the end.

Reminder - thousands are not protesting Glen Beck Day in Mount Vernon.

Seattle-based FUSE primarily did an online petition.

The story linked in this thread was from a Portland blogger.

Mount Vernon is a primarily conservative little river city - and the surrounding Skagit County even more so.

The Beck "controversies" seem to have done nothing but make Beck more popular in the ratings - his show at 5:00 p.m. has nearly 300% of the viewers that Olbermann has in prime time - and 500% more than Chris Mathews. His move to FOX News has been an incredible success story...

The becktoids have every right to party. They just make the overwhelming majority of Americans shrug and turn away.

Mount Vernon is a primarily conservative little river city - and the surrounding Skagit County even more so.

The Beck "controversies" seem to have done nothing but make Beck more popular in the ratings - his show at 5:00 p.m. has nearly 300% of the viewers that Olbermann has in prime time - and 500% more than Chris Mathews. His move to FOX News has been an incredible success story...

So, will FOX cover the protests or not? I would hate for them to seem hypocritical or anything....

This is actual proof to me that the biggest majority of "nut cases" in this country live somewhere on the left coast. The further up the coast line, the nuttier. Didn't know Glenn Beck was so feared out there on the left coast. If he is so meaningless to so many people, why do they make such a big deal of him? One word answer. FEAR.

Yup, they fear him, just like they fear palin...:lol:

So, will FOX cover the protests or not? I would hate for them to seem hypocritical or anything....
well, there would actually have to BE a real protest

The actual "desperation" is that of the cunservtoids. Can't stand they lost the election, and that they still are lost in outer nowheresville. Oh, well. Let's move on.

That's it exactly.

"They don't surround us. We surround THEM!!!"

What a nutcase!

Forum List

Back