Thousands of Progressives to Gather Monday for 3-Day Conference to 'Take Back America

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
Sun Jun 11, 5:55 PM ET

:teeth:
To: Assignment Desk, Daybook Editor

Contact: Toby Chaudhuri or Noreen Nielsen, 202-955-5665, both of Campaign for America's Future

News Advisory:

-- Thousands of Progressives to Gather Monday for 3-Day Conference to 'Take Back America'

-- Organizers Announce Opening Day Media Events Schedule

The Campaign for America's Future today released details for the opening day of the organization's "Take Back America" conference. More than 2 thousand progressive leaders and activists will gather at the Washington Hilton on Monday for the first day of the annual event.

Campaign for America's Future co-director Robert Borosage and Democratic pollster Stan Greenberg will hold a morning news conference to release an election-year message guide and brief reporters about highlights of the gathering. Progressive leaders will also kick-off events to outline a bold "Agenda for the Common Good" during the conference's opening luncheon.

Actor and environmentalist Robert Redford, Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.), former Sen. Gary Hart (D-Colo.), Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-Ill.), Rep. Barbara Lee (news, bio, voting record) (D-Calif.), Rep. Bennie Thompson (news, bio, voting record) (D-Miss.), AFL-CIO president John Sweeney and many others will join Campaign for America's Future co-director Roger Hickey to begin outlining bold initiatives that make up a progressive agenda that promotes the "common good."

PROGRESSIVES KICK-OFF MAJOR CONFERENCE

MONDAY, JUNE 12

9:45 a.m.

Photo opportunity with Robert Redford on "Progressive Media Row," a central working area for progressive TV, radio, print and online media outlets. :rolleyes:

Washington Hilton Concourse

---

10 a.m.

Robert Borosage and Stan Greenberg hold a news conference to release a progressive message guide, new public opinion information and to brief reporters about the Campaign for America's Future's "Take Back America" conference.

Washington Hilton State Room

---

11 a.m.

Robert Borosage, Stan Greenberg, Katrina vanden Heuvel, and Biko Baker deliver opening remarks about the progressive promise and conservative collapse.:alco:
Washington Hilton Crystal Ballroom

---

12:45 p.m.

Sen. Harry Reid (news, bio, voting record) (D-Nev.), Robert Redford, Jerome Ringo and Larry Schweiger speak at a major event about the Apollo Alliance's plan for energy independence.

Washington Hilton International Ballroom.

preset time: 10 a.m..

final access: 12:45 p.m.

camera throw: 80 feet.

---

2:15 p.m.

Progressive leaders continue outlining bold initiatives that make up a progressive agenda for the "common good."

Washington Hilton International Ballroom

-- Jeff Faux and Anna Burger discuss making our economy work for all people.

-- Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-Ill.), and Prof. Jacob Hacker discuss health care for all.

-- Former Sen. Gary Hart (D-Colo.), and Rep. Barbara Lee (D- Calif.), discuss common sense on security.

-- Rep. Bennie Thompson (D-Miss.), and Stephen Bradberry discuss revitalizing the Gulf region and rebuilding America.

-- John Sweeney delivers closing remarks

---

4 p.m.

Progressives discuss campaigns to take back America.

-- State Sen. Polly Baca (D-Colo.), Gloria Totten, Lisa Turner, Jeff Blodgett, Heather Booth and William McNary discuss taking back state houses. Washington Hilton Monroe Room

-- Dan Carol, Maggie Fox, Karen Nussbaum and Lorena Chambers discuss building progressive capacity.

Washington Hilton Georgetown Room

-- Kristina Wilfore, Kay Coles, Daniel Gotoff, Will Robinson and Alexander Robinson discuss the ballot initiative battlefield in the states.

Washington Hilton International Ballroom West

-- Jay Harris, Alexandra Walker, Robert Greenwald, Julie Bergman Sender, Tracy Van Slyke, Cenk Uygur and Roberto Lovato discuss building the new progressive media infrastructure.

Washington Hilton Jefferson Room

-- Iara Peng, Quinn Wilhelmi, Elana Berkowitz, Maria Teresa Petersen and Biko Baker discuss new voices and new energy in the progressive movement.

Washington Hilton International Ballroom East

NOTE: Media representatives interested in covering the Campaign for America's Future's "Take Back America" conference must bring valid federal- or state-issued photo identification and press credentials to gain access to events. Media check-in begins at 8 a.m. outside the Washington Hilton State Room.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/usnw/200606...3_day_conference_to__take_back_america101_xml

Take America where? The late '70s? All they got to do is move to France. Presto! Exactly what it might be like here thanks to a second term from Carter.

Oh...damn...and I just ate...

;)
Jimmyeatworld said:
Take America where? The late '70s? All they got to do is move to France. Presto! Exactly what it might be like here thanks to a second term from Carter.

Oh...damn...and I just ate...

Jimmy, I love your Avatar, do we really want Zarqawi to R.I.P.?

Abbey Normal said:
;)

Jimmy, I love your Avatar, do we really want Zarqawi to R.I.P.?

Rest in pieces? Sure, why not?

Seriously, it is expected to pray for a persons soul, not matter what they did on Earth. So, here's hoping he doesn't burn too long.

Jimmyeatworld said:
Rest in pieces? Sure, why not?

Seriously, it is expected to pray for a persons soul, not matter what they did on Earth. So, here's hoping he doesn't burn too long.

Ah, rest in pieces. Cute!

I think it is more effective to pray for them before they kick, but I guess it can't hurt. :)

Forum List

Back