Thousands Of LAX Workers Set For Walkout On Thanksgiving Eve

Employees at Los Angeles International Airport were considering plans Friday to walk off the job ahead on what is traditionally the busiest traveling day of the year.

A coalition of Southland labor and community leaders are calling for the protest of alleged violations by LAX contractor Aviation Safeguards (AVSG) after breaking their contract with the airport earlier this year.

Andrew Gross-Gaitan, the director of the Southern California Airports Division of SEIU, told KNX 1070 NEWSRADIO that AVSG left more than 400 LAX workers without affordable family health care when it failed to comply with the city’s Living Wage Ordinance

Thousands Of LAX Workers Set For Walkout On Thanksgiving Eve « CBS Los Angeles
Fuck em.. If they walk, fire their asses and replace them with people who WANT to work.

It didn't work out so well for the Unions wanting to cause the public trouble

They had to bring people who didn't even work at the airport and they didn't even know why they were there..

I heard the Walmart walk out didn't go off too well either, I guess people care about HAVING a job with almost 9% unemployment

tsk tsk:lol:

Last edited:
There are millions of illegals in L A who would love those jobs.

REALLY? In a city of 3.8 million there are MILLIONS of illegals?

Maybe if you said the greater los angeles region, but even then that would be a total fabricated lie on your part.

Illegals obviously have the ability to travel great distances to find work. The city limit of LA is no barrier to them.
Hey, your problem. Your side wants to open the border to all. You want the democrat voters. Now your side will pay for your decision by sharing your jobs with them.

"Little guy my ass. Union people are among the highest paid workers in the country. And yet, all they ever do is complain. "

So you like the workers who show up day after day, never call in, and never complain. They never ask for a raise and want their benefits reduced. But work hard. After all the company and its workers are a team. Capitalism doesnt work that way. In a capitalistic system the workers and the managers are always at odds. Thats the way the system is designed.

Never a single moment in history will you conservatives side with the little guy.
They are not the 'little guy'.

Anyone with the union motto "I got mine, so fuck you" gets little sympathy with Me.

And I support the rights of private unions. I just don't support militant tactics against people who have done nothing to you but provide a paycheck.

The Unions seem hell bent on disrupting as many people lives in this country that they can..

but hey, they be for the little guy..don't forget

that is generally know as terrorism.

really? terrorism?

striking is terrorism?

can we please not diminish the meaning of that term?
Not striking. Using job actions to do the most damage to the most people possible
Unions have NO RIGHT making their problem into OUR problem.
That is where unions go wrong. They stick it to people who have no dog in their fight. And that is why unions are so widely unpopular. And greatly despised.

Unions believe that disruption is a way to call attention the their terrible plight and the more people they disrupt, the more sympathy they will get. Those of us who were stuck in the union caused traffic yesterday got more sympathetic to unions? Not hardly. The police had to drag protesters off Century Blvd. to keep irate drivers from running them over.

video at their site I couldn't bring it over
the Union did gift them a pretty purple shirt though

SNIP:
Supposed “Protesters” Demonstrating Alongside SEIU At LAX Have No Idea What They Are Protesting…

Astroturf, a union speciality.

LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com) — Police have arrested at least 13 protesters at Los Angeles International Airport who are staging a demonstration on behalf of airport workers during one of the busiest travel days of the year.

The Service Employees International Unit (SEIU) – which represents janitors, wheelchair attendants, skycaps, security guards and other service workers – obtained a permit to close down Century Boulevard for 45 minutes Wednesday afternoon, but several protesters were arrested for intentionally sitting on the street.

Anyone who didn’t clear out of the area by 1:45 p.m. when the permit expired was also arrested, according to police.

The union says 400 workers were left without a contract when LAX contractor Aviation Safeguards (AVSG) broke its agreement with the airport earlier this year.

However, 52 percent of union workers voted to switch to Aviation Safeguard from SEIU nearly a year ago for what they say are better benefits.

“As far as the union, they keep intimidating us. They keep pushing us to go with them, but we are not part of them. We don’t want to do anything with them,” worker Martin Storm told CBS2’s Kara Finnstrom. “We are actually getting paid a lot better, and I have better health insurance than I did with the union.”

all of it here
Supposed “Protesters” Demonstrating Alongside SEIU At LAX Have No Idea What They Are Protesting… | Weasel Zippers

Last edited:
Never a single moment in history will you conservatives side with the little guy.

So you're OK with the union screwing up everybody's holiday plans?

I'm OK with the unions fighting for their health care.

It's quite telling that you blame it on the workers, and not the company who drove them to such dire straits.

Like I sad... not a single moment in your life will you ever, EVER side with the little guy. You will forever be on the side of big corporations, big executives, big politicians, and dare I say even big governments. Because we know conservatives when in power LOVE a nice big government.
Genius...It is the so called "Big politicians" that got the public workers their wages and benefits.
They are not fighting for their healthcare. They are not fighting at all. They are pissed off because the City can no longer sustain their wages and benefits. They are angry because for the first time in a long time, someone had the audacity to stand up and say "NO MORE".
If they keep this up, they may never get a contract. And that is good for the taxpayers.
These people are NOT the little guy. These people get benefits and wages that far exceed those in the private sector. Union people live in plastic bubble. They are insulated from the real world of having to compete for their jobs and with fellow employees to earn merit.
Unions are insulated from productivity.

Forum List

Back