Thousands Of LAX Workers Set For Walkout On Thanksgiving Eve

beretta304

Rookie
Aug 13, 2012
A Saner Place
Employees at Los Angeles International Airport were considering plans Friday to walk off the job ahead on what is traditionally the busiest traveling day of the year.

A coalition of Southland labor and community leaders are calling for the protest of alleged violations by LAX contractor Aviation Safeguards (AVSG) after breaking their contract with the airport earlier this year.

Andrew Gross-Gaitan, the director of the Southern California Airports Division of SEIU, told KNX 1070 NEWSRADIO that AVSG left more than 400 LAX workers without affordable family health care when it failed to comply with the city’s Living Wage Ordinance

Thousands Of LAX Workers Set For Walkout On Thanksgiving Eve « CBS Los Angeles

I hope they demand themselves right out of a job...just like Hostess "workers"...

...union goons are all alike...would rather lose their job than actually work.

Employees at Los Angeles International Airport were considering plans Friday to walk off the job ahead on what is traditionally the busiest traveling day of the year.

A coalition of Southland labor and community leaders are calling for the protest of alleged violations by LAX contractor Aviation Safeguards (AVSG) after breaking their contract with the airport earlier this year.

Andrew Gross-Gaitan, the director of the Southern California Airports Division of SEIU, told KNX 1070 NEWSRADIO that AVSG left more than 400 LAX workers without affordable family health care when it failed to comply with the city’s Living Wage Ordinance

and... they should ALL be fired if they do.

Never a single moment in history will you conservatives side with the little guy.

I hope they demand themselves right out of a job...just like Hostess "workers"...

...union goons are all alike...would rather lose their job than actually work.

:lmao:

dont you have that a bit backwards... they need the unions so they can work as little as possible.

I'm sure the airport will be able to immediately hire qualified replacements.

I'm sure the airport will be able to immediately hire qualified replacements.

It makes no difference.... if you walk of your job you should expect to be fired.... either that day or when they find someone to replace your lazy ass.

There are millions of illegals in L A who would love those jobs.

REALLY? In a city of 3.8 million there are MILLIONS of illegals?

Maybe if you said the greater los angeles region, but even then that would be a total fabricated lie on your part.

Just like with Walmart employees, Thanksgiving provides striking airport employees the kind of leverage they would not have on most other days.

Striking on the day of the year which has the highest travel rate is a strategic move. Whether you agree they deserve higher pay or not, one can certainly appreciate the efficacy of the tactic.

Last edited:
I say we should line them up in the streets and execute them via firing squad! Yes, that is what must be done to union thugs!

I know some who think that way.

Just like with Walmart employees, Thanksgiving provides striking airport employees the kind of leverage they would not have on most other days.

Striking on the day of the year which has the highest travel rate is a strategic move. Whether you agree they deserve higher pay or not, one can certainly appreciate the efficacy of the tactic.

agreed.... and they should also agree to lose their jobs for it too. Knowing you will be fired for you actions... is also effective.

so... if you want to strike... feel free. Also allow the employer the same freedom to shit can them.

however ...union slugs know that wont happen....

Californians continuously vote for these inane policies, so I have no problem sitting back and laughingly watch them get what they deserve.

Forum List

Back