THOUSANDS OF CUBANS CROSSING TX

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
Nashville

HIDALGO – At least 7,000 Cuban refugees are expected to come to the border in the next coming days.
The activity at the Hidalgo International Bridge continues. For 40 years, Jose Angel Rodriguez has made his living driving a cab.
He said he’s seeing more Cubans crossing the port of entry. “They get here every night, in the morning, and at night they get here. They go to Laredo, too,” Rodriguez said.
Rodriguez remembered taking a few to a hotel or store. It gets busier each week that passes by.
Down the road from the bridge were a handful of 15-passenger vans. They had Florida license plates. Giovanni Acosta is one of them.

Thousands of Cuban Refugees Crossing the Border

There go more American jobs.

Why oh why doesn't America spend some of its vast fortune helping countries south of the border get their houses in order so their people will stay home?

Why oh why doesn't America spend some of its vast fortune helping countries south of the border get their houses in order so their people will stay home?

Because that hundreds of billions of dollars in aid we've sent to Africa for the last 40 years has been real affective, right?

Plus, I never realized I was responsible for El Salvador

LOL! This will totally freak out GOP candidates. Or they will ignore it, hoping they don't get asked about refugee status for Cubans.

Because that hundreds of billions of dollars in aid we've sent to Africa for the last 40 years has been real affective, right?

Good reasons, I guess. I do wonder, though, if part of the reason less Mexicans are entering illegally is because of all the US businesses that have opened factories in Mexico. Most of them just want work; great they can stay home and do that.

LOL! This will totally freak out GOP candidates. Or they will ignore it, hoping they don't get asked about refugee status for Cubans.
Might be a mite awkward for Cruz.....
I'd think it'd be a shorter row from Cuba to Fla than Cuba to Texas, but I'm not real familiar with the effect of tides.
I wondered the same thing. Who knew Florida had such good border security. Maybe we had better ask them. Texas, Arizona, New Mexico could use the tips.

I'd think it'd be a shorter row from Cuba to Fla than Cuba to Texas, but I'm not real familiar with the effect of tides.
I wondered the same thing. Who knew Florida had such good border security. Maybe we had better ask them. Texas, Arizona, New Mexico could use the tips.
MY God! I just realized. My state of Mississippi has a totally unpatrolled shore line.
https://www.welt-atlas.de/datenbank/karten/karte-8-957.gif

They could slip on up there and be at my house before dinnertime! Save me DONALD! You're all that stands between me and HORDES of CUBANS!

You didn't hear? We built a wall around Florida, and Cuba paid for it.

those 15 passenger vans they're showing up in are pretty hard to row ... if you can get one to float.

It's time to end Illegal Immigration. I will only support Candidates who vow to at least attempt to end it. I won't support any Candidates supporting the status quo.

Giving foreign aid never helps anyone, it all ends up in some career politicians pocket.
George w bush was too progressive to realize this...

So everyone caught the fact that they're rowing to Ecuador first, right?
MY God! I just realized. My state of Mississippi has a totally unpatrolled shore line.
https://www.welt-atlas.de/datenbank/karten/karte-8-957.gif

They could slip on up there and be at my house before dinnertime! Save me DONALD! You're all that stands between me and HORDES of CUBANS!
So does mine! No Cuban is stupid enough to move here, though.

It's time to end Illegal Immigration. I will only support Candidates who vow to at least attempt to end it. I won't support any Candidates supporting the status quo.
I agree. If we allow them to stay, it will just encourage another million to come. I know it's tough on families who may get separated, but it was a chance they took when they came illegally. I also support cracking down HARD on businesses and individuals that hire them.

Forum List

Back