Thousands Of Couples Battle Sexual Anorexia

rtwngAvngr said:
Thanks guys, really. What the hell did I do?

LOL RWA! You didn't do a thing. When the guy wanted her to 'just dance' not talk, well let's just say that wasn't the wisest move for a guy, (or woman either, though I just can't imagine one saying that).

Kathianne said:
LOL RWA! You didn't do a thing. When the guy wanted her to 'just dance' not talk, well let's just say that wasn't the wisest move for a guy, (or woman either, though I just can't imagine one saying that).

Thanks. I still don't know why joz is made since I said her standard for wanting connect made sense. Jesus h.

rtwngAvngr said:
Thanks. I still don't know why joz is made since I said her standard for wanting connect made sense. Jesus h.

Perhaps she thought you were being facetious? I dunnoh! I was commenting on her story.

rtwngAvngr said:

Chill, Joz thought you were being a smartass, and you were'nt fight?. Now clean out your pm box, you cluess wonder! :slap:

Joz said:
Please tell me you're sincere in this statement and not being a smart ass.
'Cause you know, I'm not impressed.

Tell yo a quick story. Last night I danced with Ron. Now, I've danced with Ron before, he knows I'm with Musicman, but he never misses an opportunity to tell me he's disappointed with that. Can't help him there.
Anyway, we're dancing ( always slow) and he tells me he goes home to 2 fish. I ask what kind. He says Oscars. So we begin to talk fish & tanks . And the dance ends. Ron looks at me & says, "Are you done talking? Next dance I'd like to just dance".
Needlesss to say, there wasn't another dance, and never will be. No wonder he goes home to fish.

Wow How rude! :slap:

rtwngAvngr said:
What'd i do? What does this story mean? I'm confused. Could you slap some sense into me?

:slap: Well let's just say you can't have a relationship with someone that you don't even want to have a conversation with.

Clearly he was more interested in being as close to her as could, then her as a person! I hope I don't need to spell that out!

No wonder he goes home to fish!

:eek2: What an insensitive jackass.. Oh well, at least anyone he chases will have advanced warning. :)

(Oscars are cool, tho!)

I agree with Joz,putting the kids to bed or doing the dishes can go a long way toward a little fun. Mainly because when I get just a little help,I don't feel so overwhelmed and am just in a better mood. I believe it goes both ways too though. You have to help each other out. My husband,likes me to sit and talk to him and help him out when he is working on the car. It's nice for him to have someone to talk to,and well,we just get to be together for a bit. Puts us both in a better mood.

rtwngAvngr said:
What'd i do? What does this story mean? I'm confused. Could you slap some sense into me?
Oh, my dear RWA. You didn't do anything. I was just questiong the tone of your comment. I know how you can be sometimes. :D

The story was to illustrate the "how you treat" people. Ron is a boor.
Now had I suggested stepping outside ' for a breath of air, my conversation would have been tolerable. Gee whiz, I've seen men at least pretend to be remotely interested in what a woman has to say.
As you can tell, every woman who commmented understood exactly what took place in those moments with Ron. We've all been treated as tho' what we have between our legs is of more important to a man than what we have between our ears. It needs to stop.

What's the point of being married if not for sex?
I agree. It is the emotional glue in a relationship. And just because one of the parties involved cannot perform [intercourse] like they once did, or or are not as interested, does not mean that there aren't other ways to share this intimacy.

I think you have to be older to understand this way of thinking. So many of my friends in my age bracket (over 50) tell a story similar to that one. Whether it's because a hubby has a heart attack and is afraid to have intercourse again or a women just has no sexual desire from menopause. It can be many things that might cause that as you get older. But that's no reason to get up and leave him/her. Find that friendship you once had or always wanted and stay together for pete's sake. I for one never believed "the grass is always greener" thingy. You've had a long marriage and probably have children, grandchildren. Get over it! Get a vibrator if you have to. sheesh! :happy2:

Ceres said:
I think you have to be older to understand this way of thinking. So many of my friends in my age bracket (over 50) tell a story similar to that one. Whether it's because a hubby has a heart attack and is afraid to have intercourse again or a women just has no sexual desire from menopause. It can be many things that might cause that as you get older. But that's no reason to get up and leave him/her. Find that friendship you once had or always wanted and stay together for pete's sake. I for one never believed "the grass is always greener" thingy. You've had a long marriage and probably have children, grandchildren. Get over it! Get a vibrator if you have to. sheesh! :happy2:

I suppose that's one way to take care of the problem!! :teeth:

I think there are other ways to stay intimate too. Always kiss goodbye and hello. Hug each other,and say I love you a lot!!!

Ceres said:
..... It can be many things that might cause that as you get older. But that's no reason to get up and leave him/her. Find that friendship you once had or always wanted and stay together for pete's sake. I for one never believed "the grass is always greener" thingy. You've had a long marriage and probably have children, grandchildren. Get over it! Get a vibrator if you have to. sheesh! :happy2:
Well, a vibrator is a far cry from intimacy. I believe couples do need to remember the friendship that their love & relationship grew from. But, I still believe, no matter the age, that if one of the persons in the relationship still has the desire & need for sexual activity, the other person should be willing to do whatever to satisfy the need.

Ceres said:
Whether it's because a hubby has a heart attack and is afraid to have intercourse again

Id rather have another heart attack that not be intimate with my wife..atleast i will when i meet her.

A few have misunderstood what I meant in my last post. I do not believe that everytime a man (example only) gets 'the urge' that a woman must drop everything she's doing to take care of his needs. Nor if she's sick with the fllu that she/he still must perform sexually. How enticing it would be to have someone clanging their IV bottles.

What I meant was that in a marriage, you take on the responsibility of the other
person's well being. Since the sexual revolution, we've forgotten that at one time sex was the priviledge of marriage. The Bible says that this is not to be deprived of either person unless it is agreed upon for prayer & fasting, and then they are to "come together again; that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency".

Forum List

Back