Thousands of Arlington Graves Could Be Mislabeled, Senator Says

JBeukema

Rookie
Apr 23, 2009
everywhere and nowhere
COLUMBIA, Mo. -- The Missouri senator whose subcommittee is investigating potential contracting fraud at Arlington National Cemetery on Monday said the number of mislabeled graves there could be in the thousands.
An internal Army investigation found at least 211 discrepancies between burial maps and grave sites at Arlington. The review found lax management of the cemetery and a reliance on paper records to manage the burial sites.
At a news conference Monday in Columbia, Democratic Sen. Claire McCaskill said the number of burial site errors could be much higher because the Army report was limited to a small section of the cemetery.

FOXNews.com - Thousands of Arlington Graves Could Be Mislabeled, Senator Says

I just searched this site for a thread about how Senator Claire McCaskill went off on those two Arlington officials yesterday. I was really hoping to see Rightwingers praising her for cutting through the protocol and the typical Congressional bullshit, and saying it straight up.

I'm disappointed that, on a site that claims so many people who have served, there is no thread on McCaskill, and no replies to this thread. Am I surprised? No.

I just searched this site for a thread about how Senator Claire McCaskill went off on those two Arlington officials yesterday. I was really hoping to see Rightwingers praising her for cutting through the protocol and the typical Congressional bullshit, and saying it straight up.

I'm disappointed that, on a site that claims so many people who have served, there is no thread on McCaskill, and no replies to this thread. Am I surprised? No.

Well, Synth, where is YOUR thread on the same?

I just got here, darliin'! I didn't want to start a duplicate thread if there was already an existing thread. So I searched for an existing thread, as I said.

Does that clear up your confusion, and your snark?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouPtHxbrkfQ&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Senator: 6600 Graves at Arlington Could Be Wrong[/ame]

I would be proud to have her as my Senator.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCgHlxalcDw]YouTube - Highlights of Arlington Cemetery Hearing[/ame]

I just got here, darliin'! I didn't want to start a duplicate thread if there was already an existing thread. So I searched for an existing thread, as I said.

Does that clear up your confusion, and your snark?

Wasn't meant as a snark. I felt it was a valid point. I too have searched for things before making a new thread, and if I didn't find anything, I made the thread.

Forum List

Back