Thousands face job loss when part of stimulus expires

I can't imagine the naivete required to think that the government spending hundreds of thousands or millions in order to pay a guy for a few days or weeks work is a judicious use of the people's money OR that it will do anything to fix long term employment.

And I simply don't understand a deaf ear turned to pleas to remedy tax and regulation policy so that employers can know what is coming and can reasonably take calculated risks again. That is the only thing that is every going to pull the economy out of the quagmire.

But they are either unbelievably ignorant or they are intentionally sabotaging a strong recovery.

Neither is reassuring to me.

I dont know why you can't imagine it. We see the mentality here on this board every day. When the thing was proposed some of us were saying there was no way this was going to work. But the Left kept bleating "it will put money in people's hands so they'll spend it and boost the economy."
Of course it did no such thing, predictably. Because gov't cannot give money. It can only take it from one person and give it to another. The pie makers win only because the oil workers lose.

the caption to this pic from the OP article, the punchline is priceless...the Times satirical-irony cop must have been out to lunch. No wonder they are laughing.

Marilyn Robach and Joel Brever share a moment in the Work Force Center in Blaine, Minn. Robach will join the others in unemployment at the end of the month because her job was funded by the stimulus package. Brever who lost his job recently updated his skills by studying to be residential energy auditor.
Richard Tsong-Taatarii / Zuma Press

Too bad they didn't learn to make pie.

Looks as though they've eaten enough to appreciate a flaky crust.

:lol::lol:

hey..
"residential energy auditor"..you cannot make this shit up....if he van get through your front door he'll install the new gubermint theromstat monitor....

Hell, it almost makes me wanna be laid off so I can quit paying my mortgage and get trained as a Tits-on-a-bull Inspector.

You get even more money if you pretend an intense interest in monkeys or bugs:

– $144,000 to study how monkeys react when under the influence of cocaine.

– $677,000 to study how monkeys react when some of them are treated better than others.

– $1.9 million for The California Academy of Sciences to send researchers to East Africa and islands in the Indian Ocean to document the “vast majority of ant species from [Africa].”

– $253,000 for The North Carolina State University Insect Museum to enhance its bug storage capabilities. (I guess it’s not surprising that this museum averages only 44 visitors a year).

– $112,000 for Columbia University so that three high school students and three college students can study “alcohol epidemiology.”

– $90,000 for the town of Boynton, Oklahoma, to replace a sidewalk that leads to a ditch.

Read more: 100 reasons why the stimulus isn’t working | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment

You get even more money if you pretend an intense interest in monkeys or bugs:

– $144,000 to study how monkeys react when under the influence of cocaine.

– $677,000 to study how monkeys react when some of them are treated better than others.

– $1.9 million for The California Academy of Sciences to send researchers to East Africa and islands in the Indian Ocean to document the “vast majority of ant species from [Africa].”

– $253,000 for The North Carolina State University Insect Museum to enhance its bug storage capabilities. (I guess it’s not surprising that this museum averages only 44 visitors a year).

– $112,000 for Columbia University so that three high school students and three college students can study “alcohol epidemiology.”

– $90,000 for the town of Boynton, Oklahoma, to replace a sidewalk that leads to a ditch.

Read more: 100 reasons why the stimulus isn’t working | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment

Don't forget about those several $Thousands spent on genital washing lessons. Yikes! :eek:

Forum List

Back