Thousands attend California religious event

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Believe it or not, there was even a time when we baby boomers were the young generation. Don’t forget our anthem was Bob Dylan’s “Forever Young”!

Now, we have traded our acid rock for acid reflux — and instead of the battle cry “Sex, drugs and Rock ‘N Roll” — it might be “Nip, tuck and Botox!”

Yet we too became more religious as life led us along.

I really had to chuckle at reading this. Fits us aging types to a tee.

The title of the article is Pastor Greg Laurie: Here’s Proof Millennials Are Becoming More Religious and Patriotic.

While it may be true that some young Americans are rejecting religion and patriotism, there is plenty of evidence to suggest the contrary. Just a few days ago over 100,000 people filled the Angel Stadium in Anaheim, California, for a weekend-long crusade our Harvest team has put on for 30 years in a row, as Fox News reported.

Among those in attendance, 63 percent were under the age of 30.

One event in one location certainly doesn’t speak to the millions across the country. But, one has to wonder if there are similar gatherings elsewhere.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
there is plenty of evidence to suggest the contrary.
This is not actually evidence to the contrary, though.

The data available shows that the number of americans identifying as "religiously unaffiliated" continues to rise.

On the opening night of the crusade, we unfurled a gigantic American flag across the stadium’s field to honor the men and women who serve in our military. And we sang “God Bless America” to the cheers of thousands in the crowd. Some might call that “patriotism”!

My point is this: The simple message of the Gospel — that God loves us and desires a relationship with us through Jesus Christ — remains keenly relevant.

- too bad they can be so easily tooled by an advertising agency, christianity.

At 70 years of age and raised in San Francisco area I find it quite a funny story that people are getting more religious as they age. As for loving our nation , now that is a little hard the last couple of years with the faker in chief.

there is plenty of evidence to suggest the contrary.
This is not actually evidence to the contrary, though.

The data available shows that the number of americans identifying as "religiously unaffiliated" continues to rise.
And the crime rate is going up, the stupid rate is sky rocketing, more people don't have a clue what gender they are and texting is considered having a valid deep one on one intellectual conversation...

At 70 years of age and raised in San Francisco area I find it quite a funny story that people are getting more religious as they age. As for loving our nation , now that is a little hard the last couple of years with the faker in chief.
I find this President to be the most matter of act President since Theodore Roosevelt.

“I can do one of two things, I can be President of the United States or I can control Alice. I cannot possibly do both.”- President Theodore ...

And the crime rate is going up
After 2 decades of steep decline. So your point is pretty lame,there.

the stupid rate is sky rocketing,
Thanks to lack of good, scientific education. Whcih of us denies established scientiric fact? That would be you and your fellow YEC people.

people don't have a clue what gender they are
Which was always around, they just had to worry about religious assholes like you ruining their lives before.

and texting is considered having a valid deep one on one intellectual conversation...
Dude, you have been reading the same book for 2000 years.

And the crime rate is going up
After 2 decades of steep decline. So your point is pretty lame,there.

the stupid rate is sky rocketing,
Thanks to lack of good, scientific education. Whcih of us denies established scientiric fact? That would be you and your fellow YEC people.

people don't have a clue what gender they are
Which was always around, they just had to worry about religious assholes like you ruining their lives before.

and texting is considered having a valid deep one on one intellectual conversation...
Dude, you have been reading the same book for 2000 years.
The decline in "public" education in the US began about 1963. That was the same year that mention of GOD and any philosophy that inferred a religious solution was rejected by the likes of Madeline Murray O'Hair. After that not only did common sense slip but life became a bore and drugs the replacement for GOD.

Forum List

Back