Thoughts on the President-Elect's First Press Conference?

Coloradomtnman

Rational and proud of it.
Oct 1, 2008
Denver
I couldn't really hear what he said because my PC speakers at work suck and its loud in my office, but I wanted to get everyone's opinions (good or bad) regarding the content of this press conference.

My honest thought is he looks way out of his league without a teleprompter, good lighting and makeup and an adoring audience. He looked like a State Senator from Illinois. He was nervous (understandable) and his attempt to be "real" fell flat when he asked the reporter about her arm. The good news is he gave Saturday Night Live an excellent premise for a skit. And the sixteen white guys behind: Priceless.

My honest thought is he looks way out of his league without a teleprompter, good lighting and makeup and an adoring audience. He looked like a State Senator from Illinois. He was nervous (understandable) and his attempt to be "real" fell flat when he asked the reporter about her arm. The good news is he gave Saturday Night Live an excellent premise for a skit. And the sixteen white guys behind: Priceless.

Bush_cant_find_Bin_Laden.jpg

I couldn't really hear what he said because my PC speakers at work suck and its loud in my office, but I wanted to get everyone's opinions (good or bad) regarding the content of this press conference.

Pretty good press conference....

He said he would pass a stimulus package for the economy, extend unemployment benefits, and provide middle class tax relief.

He also said that Iran having nuclear weapons was "unacceptable."

pretty Good Press Conference....

He Said He Would Pass A Stimulus Package For The Economy, Extend Unemployment Benefits, And Provide Middle Class Tax Relief.

He Also Said That Iran Having Nuclear Weapons Was "unacceptable."
Middle Class Tax Relief? What Is That $500?
My Mom Got More From Bush

?

He had notes to stick to like all presidents do. I shutter to think of McCains first conference without a teleprompter. And the questions were well thought out, well said and very clear. Its clear what he wants to do but he is not yet president so how can you get into detail about plans that you cant mandate for another 3 months? :cuckoo:

A few days after the election and you already find something to complain about, typical and predictable partisan voter who is upset about his party not being in power. How pathetic is that.

?

Its clear what he wants to do...

If Obama actually said what he really wants to do the stock market would have gone down another 1000 points.

If he had a half a brain he'd announce that he would not be raising capital gains taxes until at least 2010.

Middle Class Tax Relief? What Is That $500?
My Mom Got More From Bush

Who said checks will be handed out? Economic middle class stimulus packages can range from tax cuts, to tax credits, to raising minimum wage, freezing state/federal job layoffs....even if checks are handed out, how is that a bad thing? The market will surge for a few months giving everyone a bit of breathing room to look for long term fixes and stop job losses while increasing revenue and helping the global economy.

Who said checks will be handed out? Economic middle class stimulus packages can range from tax cuts, to tax credits, to raising minimum wage, freezing state/federal job layoffs....even if checks are handed out, how is that a bad thing? The market will surge for a few months giving everyone a bit of breathing room to look for long term fixes and stop job losses while increasing revenue and helping the global economy.

That's right. Rack that good old US of A credit card up! Wheeeeee! Party time!

If Obama actually said what he really wants to do the stock market would have gone down another 1000 points.

If he had a half a brain he'd announce that he would not be raising capital gains taxes until at least 2010.

What, raising them back to the clinton levels at 25%? Big deal, under kennedy they were over 50% moron. 25% is low in comparison to how high they have been on average over the last 50 years. And does anyone really believe that the stupid trickle down theory is working? Look at big oil, one of the very few industry's that posted record profits recently for quarter 3. Does not look like that money is trickling down to the lower end of the industry, looks more like jobs are being lost if you ask me.

That's right. Rack that good old US of A credit card up! Wheeeeee! Party time!

C'mon Paperboy, you know that is too simplistic a criticism to make. The purpose is to stimulate (hence stimulus package) the economy. Although we will borrow, thereby hurting the economy, to stimulate the economy, in the end the money that is stimulated will go toward keeping us from borrowing more and maybe even paying down some the deficit.

Forum List

Back