Thoughts on Immigration Policy

JeffWartman

Jul 13, 2006
Suburban Chicago
As I wrote about yesterday, President Obama has shifted course on a certain immigration policy directive. There is a lot of misinformation out there that needs to be addressed before informed discussion can continue.

Before I get into specifics, it should be noted that this is one of those issues that causes people to become extremely heated. It’s understandable — people want more responsible government, a better climate to create jobs, and a society that respects the rule of law. I share those concerns, but none of those concerns fall on the backs of undocumented workers nor does the shift in policy affect any movement towards those goals.
First, I’ll state some myths that need to be explained...

Read the full article here: Thoughts on Future Immigration Policy | Jeff Wartman

First, I’ll state some myths that need to be explained...]

The First Myth that has to be explain is the one claiming that the Federal government has the CONSTITUTIONAL AUTHORITY to interdict, detain and deport our alien friends:

A RACIST SUPREME COURT RULED IN 1888 that the federal government could USURP the authority to control immigration because the Chinese menace constituted an "emergency"

"The discovery of gold in California in 1848, as is well known, was followed by a large immigration thither from all parts of the world, attracted not only by the hope of gain from the mines, but from the great prices paid for all kinds of labor. The news of the discovery penetrated China, and laborers came from there in great numbers, a few with their own means, but by far the greater number under contract with employers, for whose benefit they worked. These laborers readily secured employment, and, as domestic servants, and in various kinds of outdoor work, proved to be exceedingly useful. For some years little opposition was made to them, except when they sought to work in the mines, but, as their numbers increased, they began to engage in various mechanical pursuits and trades, and thus came in competition with our artisans and mechanics, as well as our laborers in the field..

The competition between them and our people was for this reason altogether in their favor, and the consequent irritation, proportionately deep and bitter, was followed, in many cases, by open conflicts, to the great disturbance of the public peace. The differences of race added greatly to the difficulties of the situation. Notwithstanding the favorable provisions of the new articles of the treaty of 1868, by which all the privileges, immunities, and exemptions were extended to subjects of China in the United States which were accorded to citizens or subjects of the most favored nation, they remained strangers in the land, residing apart by themselves, and adhering to the customs and usages of their own country. It seemed impossible for them to assimilate with our people, or to make any change in their habits or modes of living. As they grew in numbers each year the people of the coast saw, or believed they saw, in the facility of immigration, and in the crowded millions of China, where population presses upon the means of subsistence, great danger that at no distant day that portion of our country would be overrun by them, unless prompt action was taken to restrict their immigration. The people there accordingly petitioned earnestly for protective legislation.

U.S. Supreme Court

CHAE CHAN PING v. U.S., 130 U.S. 581 (1889)

As I wrote about yesterday, President Obama has shifted course on a certain immigration policy directive. There is a lot of misinformation out there that needs to be addressed before informed discussion can continue.

Before I get into specifics, it should be noted that this is one of those issues that causes people to become extremely heated. It’s understandable — people want more responsible government, a better climate to create jobs, and a society that respects the rule of law. I share those concerns, but none of those concerns fall on the backs of undocumented workers nor does the shift in policy affect any movement towards those goals.

Read the full article here: Thoughts on Future Immigration Policy | Jeff Wartman

About the only thought I care to relate at this time is that we seem to be heavily Favoring the Very poor, and Uneducated in our Policy Right now. Now it is fine and Dandy to want to help people out, But we can't keep doing it and then act all surprised and go around screaming about how there are more and more Poor In America. Of Course they are we import 4 Times as many of them, as we do More well to do and Educated people.

The First Myth that has to be explain is the one claiming that the Federal government has the CONSTITUTIONAL AUTHORITY to interdict, detain and deport our alien friends:

A RACIST SUPREME COURT RULED IN 1888 that the federal government could USURP the authority to control immigration because the Chinese menace constituted an "emergency"

"The discovery of gold in California in 1848, as is well known, was followed by a large immigration thither from all parts of the world, attracted not only by the hope of gain from the mines, but from the great prices paid for all kinds of labor. The news of the discovery penetrated China, and laborers came from there in great numbers, a few with their own means, but by far the greater number under contract with employers, for whose benefit they worked. These laborers readily secured employment, and, as domestic servants, and in various kinds of outdoor work, proved to be exceedingly useful. For some years little opposition was made to them, except when they sought to work in the mines, but, as their numbers increased, they began to engage in various mechanical pursuits and trades, and thus came in competition with our artisans and mechanics, as well as our laborers in the field..

The competition between them and our people was for this reason altogether in their favor, and the consequent irritation, proportionately deep and bitter, was followed, in many cases, by open conflicts, to the great disturbance of the public peace. The differences of race added greatly to the difficulties of the situation. Notwithstanding the favorable provisions of the new articles of the treaty of 1868, by which all the privileges, immunities, and exemptions were extended to subjects of China in the United States which were accorded to citizens or subjects of the most favored nation, they remained strangers in the land, residing apart by themselves, and adhering to the customs and usages of their own country. It seemed impossible for them to assimilate with our people, or to make any change in their habits or modes of living. As they grew in numbers each year the people of the coast saw, or believed they saw, in the facility of immigration, and in the crowded millions of China, where population presses upon the means of subsistence, great danger that at no distant day that portion of our country would be overrun by them, unless prompt action was taken to restrict their immigration. The people there accordingly petitioned earnestly for protective legislation.

U.S. Supreme Court

The Right to Detain, and Deport Not Citizens is the Most Basic Power of any Country Jack ass. If you can't Control who is in your Country, why bother even calling it a country.

Yeah we should just let everyone in, but wait I thought Cuba, Venezuela, Europe and all were the shit baby!!!! Why would they come to this evil, racist, capitalist country so much we have to bitch about the influx?
I dont see anyone running to France, except Algerians, because they have a special relationship due to colonization. Or Venezuela, hmmm it's a mystery why noone is hitting up Chavez or even Cuba, After all Michael Moore loves that Cuban health care!

U.S. Supreme Court

The Right to Detain, and Deport Not Citizens is the Most Basic Power of any Country Jack ass. If you can't Control who is in your Country, why bother even calling it a country.

Really?

Why then did James Madison - the FATHER OF THE CONSTITUTION and Thomas Jefferson - Founding father and 3rd President - stated that NO SUCH AUTHORITY WAS GRANTED TO THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

4. Resolved that ALIEN-friends are under the jurisdiction and protection[7] of the laws of the state wherein they are; that no power over them has been delegated to the US. nor prohibited to the individual states distinct from their power over citizens: and it being true as a general principle, and one of the Amendments to the constitution having also declared, that ‘the powers not delegated to the US. by the constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people,’ the act of the Congress of the US. passed on the day of July 1798. intituled ‘an Act concerning Aliens’ which assumes powers over Alien-friends not delegated by the constitution is not law, but is altogether void & of no force.[8]

U.S. Supreme Court

WOW! Lengthy read...

Governments exist to protect the citizens of the nations they govern. When the government ceases to do that, it ceases to perform its most basic function and no longer has a legitimate right to exist.

Governments exist to protect the citizens of the nations they govern. When the government ceases to do that, it ceases to perform its most basic function and no longer has a legitimate right to exist.

“Am I emotional? Yes, my first born was murdered. Am I angry? Yes, he was killed for lies and for a PNAC Neo-Con agenda to benefit Israel. My son joined the army to protect America, not Israel. Am I stupid? No, I know full well that my son, my family, this nation and this world were betrayed by George Bush who was influenced by the neo-con PNAC agendas after 9/11. We were told that we were attacked on 9/11 because the terrorists hate our freedoms and democracy … not for the real reason, because the Arab Muslims who attacked us hate our middle-eastern foreign policy.”

Cindy Sheehan

this change will increase gdp and lower the defic so clealy u are misinformed

My thougts are: Uphold the law! Illegals are all criminals; enemies of are country. Get rid of them! All of you damn bleeding heart liberals are complicit! Most of you are God hating, country hating, white hating pacifist - just like your worthless leader!

U.S. Supreme Court

Really?

Why then did James Madison - the FATHER OF THE CONSTITUTION and Thomas Jefferson - Founding father and 3rd President - stated that NO SUCH AUTHORITY WAS GRANTED TO THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

4. Resolved that ALIEN-friends are under the jurisdiction and protection[7] of the laws of the state wherein they are; that no power over them has been delegated to the US. nor prohibited to the individual states distinct from their power over citizens: and it being true as a general principle, and one of the Amendments to the constitution having also declared, that ‘the powers not delegated to the US. by the constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people,’ the act of the Congress of the US. passed on the day of July 1798. intituled ‘an Act concerning Aliens’ which assumes powers over Alien-friends not delegated by the constitution is not law, but is altogether void & of no force.[8]

There School of thought lost jack ass. The Supreme Court Did not agree with them.

My thougts are: Uphold the law! Illegals are all criminals; enemies of are country. Get rid of them! All of you damn bleeding heart liberals are complicit! Most of you are God hating, country hating, white hating pacifist - just like your worthless leader!

so people who fight in our military are now our enimies jesus u are a retard

ROFLMAO

you libs are so delusional.

“Am I emotional? Yes, my first born was murdered. Am I angry? Yes, he was killed for lies and for a PNAC Neo-Con agenda to benefit Israel. My son joined the army to protect America, not Israel. Am I stupid? No, I know full well that my son, my family, this nation and this world were betrayed by George Bush who was influenced by the neo-con PNAC agendas after 9/11. We were told that we were attacked on 9/11 because the terrorists hate our freedoms and democracy … not for the real reason, because the Arab Muslims who attacked us hate our middle-eastern foreign policy.”

Cindy Sheehan

Cindy Sheehan is an idiot. Just sayin'.

ROFLMAO

you libs are so delusional.

yep it is so delusional to think people who fight for our country are not our enimies
go lose weight and get a make over

Forum List

Back