Thoughts of today

Rambunctious

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2010
GM and Chrysler released their piss poor sales reports today. They bit the government apple so my next truck will be a Ford.

Nancy Pelosi has racked up millions of $ flying her family all over the place on government planes while unemployment hovers around 10%. It's time we stop looking up to them and start glaring down at them.

Aiding and abetting a politician or candidate in cheating on his wife and the American people should land you in jail and you definitely shouldn't get rich from a book about the whole disgusting mess.

Obama calls Reuters and tells them to change the words in their story (Backdoor tax hike to hit middle class) and Reuters pulls the story. Can you say STATE RUN MEDIA!

OK now all of you ageing hippies can call me names and scream and shout your ancient nonsense.

My thought for the day is that we walk this way but once, and as we go through, we should make those whose lives we touch sad to see us go, rather than glad we are gone.

We should help those who are hurt, make sure those who do good and those who do evil get whats coming to them, and walk in humility and grace.

Your milage may vary

My thought for the day is that we walk this way but once, and as we go through, we should make those whose lives we touch sad to see us go, rather than glad we are gone.

We should help those who are hurt, make sure those who do good and those who do evil get whats coming to them, and walk in humility and grace.

Your milage may vary

Sometimes you can help people to death or worse and so we would sure be glad to see you go, but you will feel great as you leave.

I drive ford. Ford focus, which is a pretty reliable, good car from ford.

GM and Chrysler released their piss poor sales reports today. They bit the government apple so my next truck will be a Ford.

Nancy Pelosi has racked up millions of $ flying her family all over the place on government planes while unemployment hovers around 10%. It's time we stop looking up to them and start glaring down at them.

Aiding and abetting a politician or candidate in cheating on his wife and the American people should land you in jail and you definitely shouldn't get rich from a book about the whole disgusting mess.

Obama calls Reuters and tells them to change the words in their story (Backdoor tax hike to hit middle class) and Reuters pulls the story. Can you say STATE RUN MEDIA!

OK now all of you ageing hippies can call me names and scream and shout your ancient nonsense.

I think I know where you get your "news," but I would advise you to do better sourcing.

Toyota sales sink in January; Ford and GM post gains - latimes.com

While no great increase in profit, at least GM is posting gains.

Reuters Pulls 'Backdoor Taxes' Story | TPM LiveWire

"The story went out, and it shouldn't have gone out," said Courtney Dolan, a spokeswoman for Reuters. "It had significant errors of fact."

She would not elaborate on the specific errors, but said Reuters will "address those specific points that were incorrect."

"The White House did contact us and point out errors of fact," she added.

The author of the original story (hyperlinked in above link) was previously a reporter for the WSJ. Surprise surprise.

Love,
An Aging Hippie who doesn't trust just a single source.

Might u have a link to the story about Reuters?

Just copy the alleged sentence into Google and you'll see a ton of links. The damaging rumor began with Drudge. No surprises there, either. Anything to rev up the angry cons who will believe anything as gospel if it comes from the right, with no further fact checking.

Bet the chicks just swoon when YOU drive by.:lol:

:lol: I thought of that too. Back when I asked people on this board for advice about buying a used car, I had considered a 2004 Focus, but it was canary YELLOW, and even this "aging hippie" couldn't see myself driving something that looked like a taxi with scoliosis.

:lol: I thought of that too. Back when I asked people on this board for advice about buying a used car, I had considered a 2004 Focus, but it was canary YELLOW, and even this "aging hippie" couldn't see myself driving something that looked like a taxi with scoliosis.

You should have seen a big peace sign with flowers all over.

He is right though, the Focus is a good, reliable car. Not much to look at but hell, if you want good gas mileage and you already gotcher cooch at home, little things like reliability make you smile :)

Focus is a very good car but much smaller than a Camry.
I love all the bad PR for Toyota. Bought a Camry yesterday for $17,300. With taxes and some add ons my walk out price was 19K total. Great car for that price.
10 years from now the Camry will be worth 2K more than the Focus and Camry costs less new.

I saw plenty of those back in the day. Actually, the Ford Focus did kinda resembles this:

images

Last edited:
He is right though, the Focus is a good, reliable car. Not much to look at but hell, if you want good gas mileage and you already gotcher cooch at home, little things like reliability make you smile :)

I didn't have a problem with the car at all. In fact, it was a pretty good deal. A 2004 with 80K for $4,900 and one owner, which checked out on Carfax. But it was the damned color. That was three months ago and the poor little thing is still sitting on the lot.

I saw plenty of those back in the day. Actually, the Ford Focus did kinda resembles this:

images

We chopped one of those down, put a wrap around back seat in it, roman pleated inside cushion seats close off back windows with metal panels and installed teardrop side windows. Cherry metal flake paint.

Forum List

Back