Thoughts and Prayers

TemplarKormac

Political Atheist
Mar 30, 2013
The Land of Sanctuary
Some say thoughts and prayers aren't enough in times like these. But in times like these, thoughts and prayers are the only thing some people have to give. You want gun laws and armed teachers, but thoughts and prayers are just as powerful. They can spur others to tremendous action. Never discount the power of faith.

Never tell me my thoughts and prayers aren't enough. They are all I have to give.

Some say thoughts and prayers aren't enough in times like these. But in times like these, thoughts and prayers are the only thing some people have to give. You want gun laws and armed teachers, but thoughts and prayers are just as powerful. They can spur others to tremendous action. Never discount the power of faith.

Never tell me my thoughts and prayers aren't enough. They are all I have to give.

Thoughts and prayers are all you are going to get

So, if your kid was killed, suck it up and accept the thoughts and prayers

If that is all you have to give then I would say you have nothing to give

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Others don’t realize that any number of these families that lost their children will only survive because of their faith and prayers. They don’t care if it brings comfort to those of faith. You want to snatch their very survival skills away from them, because of your own lack of faith. How cruel is that...

Close to the topic..... My wife and son were arguing years ago. He wanted a tattoo. She said not as long as you live under our roof. I was listening in from the other room and he asked, 'What's the problem with a tattoo'? She said the bible states so.......... And what happened next I saw with my own eyes. He was frustrated and so was she. She reached for her bible and was vocal in saying she would show him... Without looking she just opened the good book... And guess what, the scripture was right there.... She opened straight to it and did not know for sure where to look.

God does reach out to us and it is up to us to recognize this

-Geaux

Well, when all you want is gun control legislation, thoughts and prayers will never be enough. But thoughts and prayers are all some of those mourning families have left right now.

I can see how bitter this issue has made you. So don't lecture me about compassion or anything else relating to this topic when you dismiss the very thoughts and prayers of people who give them as their only way of helping console those who lost loved ones. This issue is so much bigger than you and your politically driven agenda.

Thoughts and prayers are all you are going to get

So, if your kid was killed, suck it up and accept the thoughts and prayers

Of course, because thoughts and prayers will be the only thing keeping me from putting a bullet in my brain, too.

How selfish can you people be?

Thank you.

We grieve, not for those who are lost, but for those who must pick up the pieces and carry on.

Well, when all you want is gun control legislation, thoughts and prayers will never be enough. But thoughts and prayers are all some of those mourning families have left right now.

Actually if you were to read the other threads on this topic you would find that I am very Pro-2nd. But do not let that stop your from stereotyping me.

I can see how bitter this issue has made you. So don't lecture me about compassion or anything else relating to this topic when you dismiss the very thoughts and prayers of people who give them as their only way of helping console those who lost loved ones. This issue is so much bigger than you and your politically driven agenda.

Thoughts and prayers from someone you know can mean a great deal, thoughts and prayers from strangers 1000 miles away are meaningless platitudes.

I also can't help but notice how crass and cold some people can be... this post makes me more sad than angry.

Actually if you were to read the other threads on this topic you would find that I am very Pro-2nd. But do not let that stop your from stereotyping me.

Sure you are. But that's another thread entirely.

Thoughts and prayers from someone you know can mean a great deal, thoughts and prayers from strangers 1000 miles away are meaningless platitudes.

The ugliness of this post cannot be put into words. I hope you're thrilled with yourself.

The ugliness of this post cannot be put into words. I hope you're thrilled with yourself.

Reality is ugly sometimes.

Some of us choose to live in reality while there are those of you who live in a fantasy world.

I also can't help but notice how crass and cold some people can be... this post makes me more sad than angry.

Life is hard, get over it.

Nobody has ever said "I am so sad, but that person 1000 miles away sending thoughts and prayers is making me feel so much better".

Some of us choose to live in reality while there are those of you who live in a fantasy world.

You live in a bubble. An uncaring and emotionless bubble. But yeah, don't expect me to mourn for any of your losses, if that's how you feel about it, not that you'd care.

Life is hard, get over it.

Nobody has ever said "I am so sad, but that person 1000 miles away sending thoughts and prayers is making me feel so much better".

Your inability to think outside of the box is what's driving these responses. There are people that care, whether you do or not. Thoughts and prayers are more than nothing. Some people have only that to give, and that's something you should never reject out of pure spite.

And don't lecture me about how hard life is, I've been through far more hell than you'd care to imagine.

I'm gonna go now.

You live in a bubble. An uncaring and emotionless bubble. But yeah, don't expect me to mourn for any of your losses, if that's how you feel about it, not that you'd care.

You are the one living in the bubble, not I. Your thoughts and prayers are there to make you feel better, not the one that suffered a tragedy.

You are the one living in the bubble, not I. Your thoughts and prayers are there to make you feel better, not the one that suffered a tragedy.

Curious... how can you sit there and assume that the thoughts and prayers of someone 1000 miles away don't mean anything to someone who has suffered a tragedy? Who are you to make that determination? I give my thoughts and prayers because I genuinely feel pity for those who have suffered a loss.

I'm out.

That’s not enough

Forum List

Back