Thought This Was Great!

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Reason that Kerry's Vietnam service is relevant, but very boring:

http://varifrank.typepad.com/varifrank/2004/08/farewell_john_k_1.html

Farewell John Kerry!
I had a whole agenda of things I wanted to look up on John Kerry today, and I couldnt get the words to come out. One week after starting my blog, and here I was with a ripping case of "blog-block".

Why? Because I didn't start the blog so I could dig up the obvious on John Kerry. Frankly, its just too easy.

Let's take a look at the score so far. Kerry , who decided for some reason beyond the comprehension of a simpleton like me, has decided that the most important thing to run his campaign on is 4 months of service in Vietnam 35 years ago.

35 years ago! For gods sake man! Did it occur to you that 35 years was a hell of a long time ago? Do you remember anyone in 1960 running on his war record against the Kaiser in WWI? Did you really think that no one would look into your record? Did you not think or did anyone that works for you not think that you, like almost everyone else in the world, did in fact embellish your resume and tell tales that weren't based on fact, but on the emotions of the time?

Didn't it occur to you even a little bit, that standing up and saluting like a total fob and saying " Reporting for duty" after you sat in front of the Senate in 1971 with a fatigue shirt and long hair and told tales of "Americas war criminals" that somehow the "Band of Brothers" made for TV presentation schtick, might ring a bit hollow?

Here you are, with a 15% polling tailwind from the press reduced to Michael Moore street theatre with Max Cleland doing your dirty work in front of the cameras.

Do you know how non-presidential this looks? Can you do anything else to look more petty, small and dare I say "lawyer-ish".

If you can't take a punch from a guy like Bush, how are you going to deal with Chirac? or the Iranians? or for that matter, all the other Republicans in Congress, who want nothing more in life than to be the one who spills your guts out on the floor.

This is real hardball politics and your response is to go on "The Daily Show"? Really Mr. Kerry, THE DAILY SHOW? Do you hold me and the rest of the American public in such contempt that your first show after the convention is on a cable comedy satire show? It annoys me sir, but you've got to think that it just sizzles the rear ends of the political journalists, and you know what happens when they get mad at you? They will go looking for things to make you look bad. Mark my words sir, the easy stuff about you has come out, when the really ugly stuff comes out, you're going to need a better game than this to stay upright and watertight. How does it help you to alienate the press? You make the statement all the time about how we are supposed to work with our allies, and here you are, in a political campaign annoying your allies for no clear purpose.

Mark my words - The press made you, and the press will break you. Now that you've embarrased them, they will make it their life's work.

There is no President in modern memory who is so universally hated than George W. Bush, and yet, you've never polled outside of the margin of error. Now, the polls are going against you, and by my measurement, its going to get worse, not better from here. Bush is a marathon runner and you are a country club golf cart riding, two caddy golfer. As long as you continue to bring your B game to an A game park, you and your party are going to look fools. At some point, you will begin to see you allies in your party and the press make you the pinata at this party. They will not take the heat for your loss, they will tie a can around your neck and toss you out into the exercise yard for the guards to shoot at. Everyone loves a winner, but no one can stand a loser.

You sir, are a loser. You will go down in history as the man who made Dukakis look good.

I don't really feel sorry for you, frankly you've proven to be everything I've learned to expect from the son of a foreign service officer who was raised in a swiss boarding school, whos personal fortune comes from marrying women from a higher income bracket than himself.

I do feel sorry for Howard Dean and his supporters. I hope you guys understand what you sold your votes out for. Deaniacs, you might not like George W. Bush, but take a look at John Kerry. Bush might be your enemy, but hes not the one who sunk your battleship. The USS Kerry did that for you, and you helped him do it.

Prediction: Mcgovern, Mondale, Dukakis and now Kerry will each get an entry in the hall of fame of losers. 40 states will go for Bush. It will not be a close election.

I hereby swear off blogging about John Kerry.

Kathianne said:
Reason that Kerry's Vietnam service is relevant, but very boring:

There is not one word in there about why vietnam and what kerry did or did not do or where he was or was not is important.

All that was was a bunch of kerry bashing. Not that the man does not deserve to be bashed, but bashing is not proof that vietnam records are important. And if you people want to bash kerry, couldn't they at least bash him on something important to the office he is runnig for such as his support of the assult weapon ban or his support of federal government involvement in things not outllined in the constitution (like education).

Travis

tpahl said:
There is not one word in there about why vietnam and what kerry did or did not do or where he was or was not is important.

All that was was a bunch of kerry bashing. Not that the man does not deserve to be bashed, but bashing is not proof that vietnam records are important. And if you people want to bash kerry, couldn't they at least bash him on something important to the office he is runnig for such as his support of the assult weapon ban or his support of federal government involvement in things not outllined in the constitution (like education).

Travis

Unfortunately bashing is where this election is at---- time is ripe for a GOOD third party to come along!

dilloduck said:
Unfortunately bashing is where this election is at---- time is ripe for a GOOD third party to come along!

Bashing is where most presidential elections have been at for a while now. I would mention a good third party but then people would complain.

tpahl said:
Bashing is where most presidential elections have been at for a while now. I would mention a good third party but then people would complain.

A good third party is exactly what this country needs. The elections in Australia are a great example of how to incorporate them. Voting for you 1st-4th choices, and having the votes tabulated accordingly. The candidate with the least 1st place votes is eliminated, and his first place voters' second choice get his votes. Etc. etc. until only 1 remains. Would infuse more parties into a flawed system which allows a minority to elect the president. And also avoid unethical actions like the GOP supporting Nader to shave votes from Kerry.

nakedemperor said:
A good third party is exactly what this country needs. The elections in Australia are a great example of how to incorporate them. Voting for you 1st-4th choices, and having the votes tabulated accordingly. The candidate with the least 1st place votes is eliminated, and his first place voters' second choice get his votes. Etc. etc. until only 1 remains. Would infuse more parties into a flawed system which allows a minority to elect the president. And also avoid unethical actions like the GOP supporting Nader to shave votes from Kerry.
I see nothing unethical about that. unethical actions are actions against the rules. They are following the rules. If Dems were smart they would do the same thing. Good luck trying to get that system in the US. The system has been moving away from third parties for quite some time now. McCain Feingold was just the latest attack against third parties. I think unlimited campaign donations need to come first before we can ever expect either party to change the election methods.

nakedemperor said:

What would be unethical about helping him get on a ballot when it apparently isn't unethical to block him from getting on a ballot? I'd like to hear the opinion of someone supporting "the party of inclusion".

tpahl said:

Travis

Couldn't he at least run on something that is important to the office? Kerry made his Vietnam service relevant because that's what he chose to make the face of his campaign.

Jimmyeatworld said:
Couldn't he at least run on something that is important to the office? Kerry made his Vietnam service relevant because that's what he chose to make the face of his campaign.
Yeah, Kerry decided to run on his vietnam service. i am guessing it is because it is not relavent to the office he is running for and if he ran on his actual policy ideas he knows he would lose. In other words he is trying to distract the voters. If people would just let him run on something as stupid as I was a vet vote for me. Meanwhile his opposition ran on policies (both what they support and against what kerry supports kerry would be left looking like an idiot for blabbleing on about being a vet when the rest of the nation did not care. Instead republicans are playing into his game by dwelling on the whole vietnam vet/lie thing.

Travis

tpahl said:
Yeah, Kerry decided to run on his vietnam service. i am guessing it is because it is not relavent to the office he is running for and if he ran on his actual policy ideas he knows he would lose. In other words he is trying to distract the voters. If people would just let him run on something as stupid as I was a vet vote for me. Meanwhile his opposition ran on policies (both what they support and against what kerry supports kerry would be left looking like an idiot for blabbleing on about being a vet when the rest of the nation did not care. Instead republicans are playing into his game by dwelling on the whole vietnam vet/lie thing.

Travis

A lot of that's true, yeah. The Republicans as a whole are concentrating on the Vietnam thing, but when Bush speaks he does concentrate on the war on terror/Iraq, the economy, etc. The Dems keep screaming about getting to the issues, but Bush has been talking about the issues all along, they just don't give him credit for it. When reporters ask him questions, they ask about the swift boat thing and such, and he has to answer those questions. Other wise, Bush has spent most of his time on the issues for months.

Jimmyeatworld said:
A lot of that's true, yeah. The Republicans as a whole are concentrating on the Vietnam thing, but when Bush speaks he does concentrate on the war on terror/Iraq, the economy, etc. The Dems keep screaming about getting to the issues, but Bush has been talking about the issues all along, they just don't give him credit for it. When reporters ask him questions, they ask about the swift boat thing and such, and he has to answer those questions. Other wise, Bush has spent most of his time on the issues for months.

yeah, bush is not so much the problem in this case... it is the rest of the party, members included, and the media (including fox news and tlk radio).

Travis

Forum List

Back