Thought of the Weak, uh week..Their "Moral" Victory!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bullypulpit said:
His actions over the years have shown him to have little sense of morals or values beyond what suits his immediate needs.
Just curious, but in your eyes, how has Bush shown little sense of morals or values?

Well, this started getting under my skin. As far as President Bush having morals and values, and using his Religion to run this country, I just have a few things to say.

First of all, he went and talked with the Pope concerning Stem Cell Research. If he was going by his own Religion, why ask the Pope what he thinks? If he was going by, I believe, any Religion then why didn’t he just stop the whole operation? Why did he leave the, what, 60 existing stem cell lines? He could have closed up everything but he didn’t. There is still 100,000 embryos still going to be used because they were already on the line. He compromised. Why doesn’t anyone see that?

Second, he didn’t use his Religion to stop gay marriage. I don’t believe he said anything about it until after the Mass. Supreme Judicial Court’s decision granting marriage rights to same-sex couples. Bush did no worse than Clinton who signed The Defense of Marriage Act. Did Clinton get such a backlash like Bush is getting? Did busloads of gay couples start rolling into big cities demanding to be married? Bush does support Civil Unions. Again, compromise.

And last but not least, he signed the Partial Birth Abortion Ban. A procedure where a partially born baby is stabbed in the back of the head with a needle and has it’s brains sucked out. The big argument is ‘when does life begin’. Well, partially born has to be pretty damn close. Abortions are still being performed today. He did not ban all abortions even though his Religion states it’s wrong. Compromise?

You know, it used to upset me when liberals made fun of and talked bad about President Bush. I kind of understood because there was an election going on and you guys really wanted him out. It was going back and forth so it’s somewhat understandable.
Now, after the President has been re-elected, you’re all still doing it. You’re not getting him out of office and he can’t run again. All you’re doing is trying to tear down the name of a wonderful man and a great President. Why?

And why we’re speaking of morals and values, I won’t even start with Kerry, he’s too easy. Look at how all the hard left liberals have been acting. It’s ridiculous. As a Republican, I’m offended, as an American, I’m ashamed!

We had to deal with 8 years of Clinton, you all can, thankfully, deal with 8 years of Bush.
America has spoken, quit bitching!!!

UsaPride said:
We had to deal with 8 years of Clinton, you all can, thankfully, deal with 8 years of Bush.
America has spoken, quit bitching!!!

All the liberals can come up with are a bunch of conspiracy theories involving Haliburton, the Religious Right, Dick Cheney, the Saudis and so on. All of which have the veracity of an investigation into the Roswell UFO crash of 1947.

Anyway, if the dems quit bitching, what would they do? Blow their brains out, like that one fellow did? Move out of the country? Vandalize GOP campaign offices? Carry signs that say "I'm ashamed of being an American"? Perhaps the Dems should look at their more moderate fellow Democrats (both alive and dead) and learn a few lessons from them.

First off, mainstream values matter. If you don't like the 10 commandments, you can run for office, but don't expect to win. That isn't because the Religious Right runs the country (which does not exist, by the way), it's because most people believe in them!

Second, America is good and we have a right to defend ourselves. If you believe that America is evil, or should give up its soverignty to the United Nations...well, you can believe it if you want to, just don't expect to get on anyone's list of running mate.

Thirdly, if you don't have an alternative solution to the way things are being done now, then don't complain. It's easy to criticize, but you have to come up with an alternative. Also, you have to back up your complaints with facts, not conspiracy theories.

Fourthly, your constituency isn't entirely made up of Park Avenue socialites, gay activists, feminists and Hollywood celebrities. Your constituency is made up of a lot of different people, mostly middle class and yes, you should respect them.

Fifth....it's way past time to retire the 1960s radical playbook. The solution to all things is not more government, higher taxes. The cause of problems in this country are not all caused by class warfare, the rich, and conservatives.

Sixth...get rid of the Clintons. They are nothing but trouble and currently run the Democratic Party. The truth be told...they're nothing but a pair of radicals who want to reinvent society. And they're evil, lying, cheating, sons of bitches. You're only as good as the company you keep, ditch those two!

Seventh ... learn some humility. You aren't owed a job or an elected office by the peple of this country. You don't endear yourselves to the electorate by constantly getting activist judges to invalidate what they vote for. The people in this country are not dumb, and you are not better than they are and finally, you do not know better than they do!

Eighth ... tell the truth. Don't think that because you come up with forged documents, try to redefine the definition of "is", claim that oral sex isn't sex that people won't hold it against you. They will and they won't forget. Once you get a reputation for dishonesty, you will have to work very long and hard to win the trust of the people again.

UsaPride said:
Whether it be morals, Iraq war, tax cuts, whatever, more Americans believe Bush is a better President than Kerry would be. That's it! It's not some Bible beaters trying to take over the country. It's normal, everyday, down to earth people who apparently know what's best for this country.
Don't hate Bush because he has morals, hate Kerry because he doesn't!

So let me get this straight...

A man who has successfully united two separate families in marriage, has a solid marriage, has two successful daughters, inspired an up and coming political stepson, and had done so while combating his own personal nightmares of Vietnam. Yet, HE has less moral values than a recovering alcoholic draft dodger, with a glazed faced wife and two drunken sluts for daughters????

DID IT EVEN OCCUR TO YOU THAT KERRY'S "FLIP/FLOPPING" MAY HAD BEEN THE RESULT OF HIM TURNING TO GOD FOR THE RIGHT ANSWERS. EVEN JESUS CHRIST TURNED TO HIS FATHER FOR ADVICE BEFORE MAKING THE RIGHT DECLARATIONS.

If John Kerry was a Republican, you conservatives would had not only elected him, you would be making plans to add him to MT Rushmore as we speak!

ONLY GOD'S GRACE, WITHIN JOHN KERRY'S HEART, MADE IT POSSIBLE FOR HIM TO NOT ONLY OVERCOME HIS OBSTICLES AND BECOME THE CHAMPION OF HIS FAMILY, BUT GO ON TO BECOME THE CHAMPION OF THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY.

He's not a loser because he lacks moral values, he lost because those who'd possessed MORAL VALUES came out to VOTE against him, simply because BUSH ACCIDENTLY SCARED THE HELL INTO THEM. Get your facts straight, FIRST.

To Karl Marx:

"Sending troops into Iraq has nothing to do with conversion of the Moslems, and you know it. It was purely and simply a political matter and a matter of national interest. If we went in there for religious reasons, why are most Iraqis still Moslem?"

Because..they...ARE MOSTLY MUSLIM? As a former Gulf War vet, I know that as a fact and because a TRUE democracy cannot work under Islamic law (see my posting in the war on terror section later on this week).

"Separation of Church and State are constructs of the Supreme Court to justify disallowing prayer in schools. The original intent of the First Amendment was to prevent a State Church e.g. the Church of England. It was not intended to “separate” church and state. Furthermore, according the First Amendment, the government is not supposed to interfere with the free exercise of religion!!!!! The Left seems to have conveniently disregarded that half of the clause."

George Washington, during his final battles with the british, was swamped by requests by his aides to become America's first KING. A furious George Washington, not only turned downed the offer, he insisted that this nation shall be ran by a president, voted in by his own people and who's judgement shall NOT be influenced by anything other than his' own natural instincts.

To summarize, You have free exercise of religion, so long as you don't attempt to spread it to any institution that is under the control of the Federal Government, that means the Public schools. You do understand that you do have a right to create a private school, under private funding, so that you can exercise your religion freely, right? EX: Notre Dame, SMU and BYU.

John Kerry had proven that he can live up to George Washington's standards; G.W. will too; judging by his post election press conferences, he has no intention to make the changes the "moral value" conservatives wanted.

Karl, I like you; being an experienced debator, I can see much fun in butting heads with you.

:beer:
-hylanrdet Voted for Kerry, voted for Sen Wamp (R). I'm a democrat, but I'm not as liberal as you think I am. That's probably because my girlfriend is a conservative Republican. I'm receiving both sides of the argument; I just wish I could see it here.

hylandret, because your girlfriend is a conservative Republican she is also probably glazed faced and a former drunken slut when she drank in her youth.

Also, if we were actually the Christian Fascists that you liberals want to label us for electing Bush, you would likely be dead by now for your hate speech, which I am only shoving right back into your face.

Twit. :fu2:

hylandrdet said:
So let me get this straight...

A man who has successfully united two separate families in marriage, has a solid marriage, has two successful daughters, inspired an up and coming political stepson, and had done so while combating his own personal nightmares of Vietnam.
I have no idea what Kerry's private life is like. I don't think any of us do. But two successful daughters, one being the naked chick in the black see through dress, right? Oh, and the political stepson, isn't this the same one that right before the election made a speech and said that Bush was a "cokehead"? That one, right? His second wife who is an embarassment everytime she opens her mouth with her great compasion for America and people in general. Wow, good people.
I'm sure he does have his own personal nightmares of Vietnam. It's called GUILT!!! And usually, when people are dealing with personal nightmares, they don't bring it up every other day to gain politically, do they?
Yet, HE has less moral values than a recovering alcoholic draft dodger, with a glazed faced wife and two drunken sluts for daughters????
Wow!! Way to sling those insults!! We know Bush never dodged the draft. Yes, he's a recovering alcoholic, good for him. I wouldn't quite describe Laura with a glazed face but I'm sure you see her different than I. As far as two drunken sluts, I haven't heard this. Is this your own opinion or do you have an inside scoop?

DID IT EVEN OCCUR TO YOU THAT KERRY'S "FLIP/FLOPPING" MAY HAD BEEN THE RESULT OF HIM TURNING TO GOD FOR THE RIGHT ANSWERS. EVEN JESUS CHRIST TURNED TO HIS FATHER FOR ADVICE BEFORE MAKING THE RIGHT DECLARATIONS.
Then he needs to figure out which voice he's hearing if it's God or his little liberal devil sitting on his shoulder. Changing your mind is fine, changing it day to day depending on who you're talking to is what's "flip/flopping".

If John Kerry was a Republican, you conservatives would had not only elected him, you would be making plans to add him to MT Rushmore as we speak!
Let me tell you something, Sparky! If John Kerry was a Republican, I'd have voted Democrat! My alligence is not with a party, my alligence is with my country and I vote accordingly!!

ONLY GOD'S GRACE, WITHIN JOHN KERRY'S HEART, MADE IT POSSIBLE FOR HIM TO NOT ONLY OVERCOME HIS OBSTICLES AND BECOME THE CHAMPION OF HIS FAMILY, BUT GO ON TO BECOME THE CHAMPION OF THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY.
Only God's grace made sure that John Kerry would NOT be the President of the United States. And to go so far to say he's the "Champion of the Democratic Party", how embarassing!! You really admit that? LOL!!

He's not a loser because he lacks moral values, he lost because those who'd possessed MORAL VALUES came out to VOTE against him, simply because BUSH ACCIDENTLY SCARED THE HELL INTO THEM. Get your facts straight, FIRST.
Get my facts straight? I voted for Bush and I believe I KNOW why I voted for him. Everyone in my family voted for Bush and I believe I know why they voted for him. As a matter of fact, everyone I know (other than my gay brother in law) voted for Bush and NONE of them were scared into it, unless you include them being scared to death that Kerry would win. So, YOU need to get your facts straight!!

hylandrdet said:
Well congrats new born christians, aka fanatics.

A believer does not a fanatic make. Since gay marraige weighed so heavily on the left this time around, may I assume that you are a flaming homosexual for your allegiance to that party?

hylandrdet said:
So when you think about it, our founding fathers were LIBERALS.
Our founding fathers were by and large protestant Christians who used the word "God" (gasp) in most, if not all, of their government documents. This is one of the things the left is fighting so hard to remove... did you forget? You can't have it both ways.

THEY not only had chosen to give you the right to speak out, THEY gave you the right to arm yourself in case THE GOVERNMENT tried to silence your voice.

They were indeed wise. Do you own a firearm?

This is why the liberals will NEVER go away, because America, like it or not, is a LIBERAL NATION, FOUNDED BY THE LIBERALS AND FOR THE LIBERALS. It's you communists, uh, conservatives who are trying to undo what had been done over 200 years ago.

Our founding fathers were federalists. You may want to peruse the Federalist Papers by Hamilton, Madison and Jay. Do you really think our forefathers would approve of abortion and gay marraiges? Quit twisting the facts, it's really very unattractive.

You didn't burst any bubbles for me, I'm afraid, but you did make me giggle.

WeAreLegion said:
A believer does not a fanatic make. Since gay marraige weighed so heavily on the left this time around, may I assume that you are a flaming homosexual for your allegiance to that party?

Our founding fathers were by and large protestant Christians who used the word "God" (gasp) in most, if not all, of their government documents. This is one of the things the left is fighting so hard to remove... did you forget? You can't have it both ways.

They were indeed wise. Do you own a firearm?

Our founding fathers were federalists. You may want to peruse the Federalist Papers by Hamilton, Madison and Jay. Do you really think our forefathers would approve of abortion and gay marraiges? Quit twisting the facts, it's really very unattractive.

You didn't burst any bubble for, I'm afraid, but you did make me giggle.

Fantastic post and welcome!!!!!!!!!!

hylandrdet said:
It's you communists, uh, conservatives who are trying to undo what had been done over 200 years ago.

One last thing:

Communism is defined as government toward higher social order. Communism (root word 'commune') implies and, in fact, states that goods and services are shared communally. The high taxation and preponderance of social programs supported by the left actually bring them to a much closer definition of communism than modern day conservatives.

If that isn't enough, communism is the antithesis of capitalism. Capitalism is generally equated to the conservative republican.

Do you see your error?

Bonnie said:
Fantastic post and welcome!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you mon ami!

WeAreLegion said:
One last thing:

Communism is defined as government toward higher social order. Communism (root word 'commune') implies and, in fact, states that goods and services are shared communally. The high taxation and preponderance of social programs supported by the left actually bring them to a much closer definition of communism than modern day conservatives.

If that isn't enough, communism is the antithesis of capitalism. Capitalism is generally equated to the conservative republican.

Do you see your error?

Thank you mon ami!

Always nice to have intelligent co-herent members!!

Why go through all of these responses. Just cut the head off and the body will die.

KarlMarx said:
A good example of religious bigotry. As I said in a previous post, Conservative Christians are held in low regard by the Left, just like gays are held in low regard by others. This is a perfect example of what I am talking about. This is an example of “homophobia” but toward Christians (Christophobia?)

Wrong, and you know it. Your repsonse is just as bigoted, suggesting that we democrats are a bunch of sinners, when in fact, we are a party of citizens who will allow the people to decide for themselves to sin or not; and to not baptize them through federal legislation. We true democrats do not wish to impede nor support sinful lifestyles.

KarlMarx said:
Electing the president is what is commonly known as “Democracy”…it’s a concept that I think you should try to familiarize yourself with.

Uh, yeaaah!

KarlMarx said:
Sending troops into Iraq has nothing to do with conversion of the Moslems, and you know it. It was purely and simply a political matter and a matter of national interest. If we went in there for religious reasons, why are most Iraqis still Moslem? That statement shows sheer ignorance. (BTW….the Left doesn’t have a problem with forcing Moslem nations to adopt abortion. The way they have attempted to do it is through the International Monetary Fund. Nations that don’t comply with their demand to adopt “reproductive rights” are denied money from the IMF. That sounds like pushing your beliefs on someone else).

Karl, I think I'd said this to you before, but in case I didn't, I apologize. Turkey is pound for pound, the most democratic of all the muslim nations, in my opinion; I should know, I'd lived there. It would be nice to see us going on a double date with some single turkish women. The next day, assuming we'd had slept with them, we'll find our ourselves facing a 15 year sentence, or, we could marry them. A true democracy will not exist in a muslim nation.

As far as reproductive rights, can you say Phillipines. The birth explosion in the Philippines has reached catastrophic levels. To be specific, the babies are dying because too many of them are being born and the hospitals cannot take care of all of them. We're catching hell as is trying to take care of our own; what make you think that the third world can do better?

KarlMarx said:
Are you referring to the Clinton Administration and what happened to some of the people that served under it? If so, I have news for you. Those people did not go to jail for being immoral, they went to jail for breaking laws. Let me acquaint you with some legal terms….Perjury, Suborning Perjury and Obstruction of Justice. If we can’t expect the people in government to obey the law, what good is having a government?

I agree. The CIA, as we speak, are revolting against the Bush administration. Some of the statements given by former CIA agents suggested that Bush had the true info on Iraq and had ignored it. Right now there are massive resignations going on in the CIA simply because they refuse to serve under what they believe is a lying president. I don't blame them; The UN said that the war was illegal and the 9/11 report says we have no proof.

I was criticized earlier this week for saying that Bush was stupid; this is his only defense; either he's intelligent and had lied or he's stupid and made the wrong decision. Geez, make up your mind, flip/floppers.

KarlMarx said:
Separation of Church and State are constructs of the Supreme Court to justify disallowing prayer in schools. The original intent of the First Amendment was to prevent a State Church e.g. the Church of England. It was not intended to “separate” church and state. Furthermore, according the First Amendment, the government is not supposed to interfere with the free exercise of religion!!!!! The Left seems to have conveniently disregarded that half of the clause.

Once again, let me remind you that our first president George Washington, when offered the status of King in this country, turned it down. Instead, he wish for a presidency, elected by its own citizens, with a structure of government NO WHERE NEAR that which was England. That means that the CHURCH will not have direct influence on the STATE and vica versa.

KarlMarx said:
Yes, Thomas Jefferson were liberals, but you and your ilk are socialists. Thomas Jefferson and the founding fathers were schooled in the classics e.g. Aristotle, Plato, Ovid, Homer and so on. You and your pals read Marx and Lenin. The similarity between today’s liberals and the Founding Fathers is like comparing an orange with a tuna.

Economics 101- Communism, socialism, and capitalism are three forms of government control over the economy, and not the way you live. Communism is total control of big business, socialism is partial control with limited taxes, Capitalism is total control to the people, but with heavy taxation. That'S why I call you conservatives ECONOMIC communists; your leglislations are aimed at controlling big business. The social legislations, for each of these forms of government, are aimed at maintaining their present status; with neither form really caring about your individual rights. In layman's terms, you're not free!

KarlMarx said:
That’s interesting…liberals have been trying to get rid of the right to bear arms (i.e. the 2nd Amendment) for decades.

No, actually the liberals are trying to control the right to bear arms. Why? Because some of us Americans are IDIOTS! Why not leave the gun right next to our child? Why not leave the gun rack unlocked? Why not warn whoever is "out there" that you have a gun before shooting?

The Democratic response is simple... we want the guns in the hands of responsible Americans. The only known restriction on your gun rights revolves around a crimminal record. THINK ABOUT IT FOR A SECOND! If you're not responsible enough to abide by the law, what make you think you're responsible enough to own a gun?

KarlMarx said:
No, America is for the people, by the people and of the people. This is where you show your true colors. Now you are saying that only people who subscribe to certain political beliefs are entitled to rights in this country. Not so…all people in this country have the same, or equivalent rights regardless of their political beliefs.

I agree, my point on that was to to throw that laser perception you threw upon me back upon you. Read your own quote back to yourself as if it were me. Then your quote will make sense to you.

KarlMarx said:
Roe vs. Wade did not legalize abortion. It took away the States’ rights to ban abortion. Before Roe vs. Wade, abortion was legal in certain states. As for “moderate” republicans --- that’s just a euphemism for liberal (i.e. left leaning) republicans.

Nor should it. Once again I must remind you that we democrats do not endorse abortion, we just will not impede it. I now embrace the "Moderate" label, because it is now becoming the voice of reason. I, a democrat, did cast two Republican votes this year.

KarlMarx said:
Supreme Court justices have been known to give very broad interpretations to the Constitution in order to justify their decisions. In cases where the justices could not justify their decisions using American law, they went to the laws of other countries! That is blatantly judicial malpractice!

No it isn't. The current supreme Court consists of three liberals, three conservatives and three independents. Each of these judges must make their decisions based on the legal precedents and its positive or negative impact on the people. If no such precedent exist, they can use legal references outside of the country, so long as such reference pertain to the case at hand.

KarlMarx said:
The justices that were nominated by Bush would have been sworn in by now if it weren’t for the constant filibustering by the Senate Democrats. By the way, filibustering judicial nominees in the Senate did not occur once in the Senate’s history until Hillary Clinton started her term there. In addition, a filibuster cannot be stopped until there are at least 60 votes in favor of stopping it. Using this quirk of Senate rules, the Democratic minority has attempted to exert its will on the will of the people.

Oh you mean the same fillibustering the Republicans had been using over the last 50 years? You do realized that the fillibuster was invented by the Republicans, did you?

KarlMarx said:
Good point….maybe you shouldn’t drink (or shoot up, or snort) so much before posting.

I agree, you shouldn't.

I like you Karl, you're fun to play with!

hylandrdet said:
Right now there are massive resignations going on in the CIA simply because they refuse to serve under what they believe is a lying president.

Please provide sources for these 'massive' resignations AND sources to show these resignations are because they feel Bush lied.

hylandrdet said:
Why go through all of these responses. Just cut the head off and the body will die.
Who .... little ol' me?

Wrong, and you know it. Your repsonse is just as bigoted, suggesting that we democrats are a bunch of sinners, when in fact, we are a party of citizens who will allow the people to decide for themselves to sin or not; and to not baptize them through federal legislation. We true democrats do not wish to impede nor support sinful lifestyles.
So let me get this right...calling Evangelical Christians "fanatics" is NOT a bigoted remark? The rest of your statement is pure opinion. Did I say that Democrats were a bunch of sinners in need of repentance? Speaking of baptism through federal legislation.... isn't that the libs answer to everything? More government, more taxes, more government interference in business etc?

Karl, I think I'd said this to you before, but in case I didn't, I apologize. Turkey is pound for pound, the most democratic of all the muslim nations, in my opinion; I should know, I'd lived there. It would be nice to see us going on a double date with some single turkish women. The next day, assuming we'd had slept with them, we'll find our ourselves facing a 15 year sentence, or, we could marry them. A true democracy will not exist in a muslim nation.
In your opinion..... How about Japan after World War II? Japan never was a democracy before 1945 .... ever. How about many of the Eastern European countries? Many of them never were democracies before the fall of the Iron Curtain, either. What relevance do shotgun weddings have to the institution of democracy? Perhaps you think that democracy is supposed to be a picnic, no it's a lot of hard work. In fact, our nation needed about 100 years (i.e. after the Civil War) before the specter of division between its states was finally vanquished.

As far as reproductive rights, can you say Phillipines. The birth explosion in the Philippines has reached catastrophic levels. To be specific, the babies are dying because too many of them are being born and the hospitals cannot take care of all of them. We're catching hell as is trying to take care of our own; what make you think that the third world can do better?
Oh....so let's force them to adopt abortion... after all those third world brown types need the white man to show them the way.... so some countries aren't ready for democracy but they sure are ready for abortion... yeah, that makes sense. Isn't that the same as forcing your way of life on others? Isn't that what you so detest about "Fundamentalists"? As a suggestion, perhaps the Filipinos ought to do what the Turks do to those who impregnate their daughters....

I agree. The CIA, as we speak, are revolting against the Bush administration. Some of the statements given by former CIA agents suggested that Bush had the true info on Iraq and had ignored it. Right now there are massive resignations going on in the CIA simply because they refuse to serve under what they believe is a lying president. I don't blame them; The UN said that the war was illegal and the 9/11 report says we have no proof.
The UN says that the war was illegal! The United States Senate approved hostilities for the Iraqi war, that's all the President needs according to the Constitution. As for illegal activities, what do you call an organization that helped Iraq defy its own resolutions as in the Oil for Food program?

Now that you mention the 9/11 Commission...their conclusion was that Bush did not lie about the reasons for going to war with Iraq... he based his decision on intelligence provided him by the CIA.... the same intelligence was confirmed by the intelligence agencies of several other countries, including Britain....

I was criticized earlier this week for saying that Bush was stupid; this is his only defense; either he's intelligent and had lied or he's stupid and made the wrong decision. Geez, make up your mind, flip/floppers.
People were calling Reagan stupid as well... and Lincoln.... and FDR... and Kennedy.... now these presidents are considered among the greatest presidents.... it's just amazing how much smarter presidents get after they die!

Once again, let me remind you that our first president George Washington, when offered the status of King in this country, turned it down. Instead, he wish for a presidency, elected by its own citizens, with a structure of government NO WHERE NEAR that which was England. That means that the CHURCH will not have direct influence on the STATE and vica versa.
The Constitution of the United States was written in 1789, the Revolutionary war ended 10 years before. Between the end of the Revolutionary War and the drafting of the Constitution, the Americans were governed by the Articles of Confederation. In the "Federalist Papers", which were penned by Hamilton, Madison and John Jay, which preceeded the Constitutional Convention of 1789, no talk of a king of the United States was made, quite the opposite. Anyway, what does that have to do with the freedom of religion clause of the First Amendment of the Constitution? I made the claim that clause was not to separate church and state but to ban a State sponsored Church.

Economics 101- Communism, socialism, and capitalism are three forms of government control over the economy, and not the way you live. Communism is total control of big business, socialism is partial control with limited taxes, Capitalism is total control to the people, but with heavy taxation. That'S why I call you conservatives ECONOMIC communists; your leglislations are aimed at controlling big business. The social legislations, for each of these forms of government, are aimed at maintaining their present status; with neither form really caring about your individual rights. In layman's terms, you're not free!
Economics - the study of the allocation of scarce resources.

Communism --- an economic system where the state owns everything, you don't

Socialism --- the state owns practically everything and makes you pay for it.

Capitalism has nothing to do with government. It is based on the law of supply and demand (which like the law of gravity is not legislated). Legislation that controls big business is often times criticized by free market economists.

No, actually the liberals are trying to control the right to bear arms. Why? Because some of us Americans are IDIOTS! Why not leave the gun right next to our child? Why not leave the gun rack unlocked? Why not warn whoever is "out there" that you have a gun before shooting?

The Democratic response is simple... we want the guns in the hands of responsible Americans. The only known restriction on your gun rights revolves around a crimminal record. THINK ABOUT IT FOR A SECOND! If you're not responsible enough to abide by the law, what make you think you're responsible enough to own a gun?
Present day gun control laws already do not allow people with criminal records to own guns, background checks are also part of present day gun laws. No....many liberals want guns outlawed .... period. And they present arguments that the 2nd amendment is outdated. If you actually believe what you say, then you are in agreement with most conservatives on this issue.

Nor should it. Once again I must remind you that we democrats do not endorse abortion, we just will not impede it. I now embrace the "Moderate" label, because it is now becoming the voice of reason. I, a democrat, did cast two Republican votes this year.

I must disagree. Before Roe vs. Wade, abortion was already legal in several states. What Roe vs. Wade did was took away the States' right to ban abortion. Roe vs. Wade should be overturned. Democrats have been vigorously endorsing abortion. They want absolutely no ban on it, do not want to give the States (or their citizens) any say as to whether it should be banned or not.

No it isn't. The current supreme Court consists of three liberals, three conservatives and three independents. Each of these judges must make their decisions based on the legal precedents and its positive or negative impact on the people. If no such precedent exist, they can use legal references outside of the country, so long as such reference pertain to the case at hand.
So let's get this straight....it is acceptable to you to be judged by the laws of another country, whose lawmakers were not elected by you, correct? Furthermore, the arbitrary decision of judge to use those laws is not a violation of your rights? American jurisprudence allows for precedence but only within the framework of American Law.

Oh you mean the same fillibustering the Republicans had been using over the last 50 years? You do realized that the fillibuster was invented by the Republicans, did you?
Don't know if that's so, but the Democrats certainly have perfected it.
Filibustering of judicial nominees in the Senate never happened before the present session of Congress. I also believe that the Democrats used the filibuster to attempt to block the pasage of The Civil Rights Act and Johnson used it to block legislation back in the early 1950s.

After consulting with political experts, analyzing exits polls and doing my own research, I present my final report on why John Kerry had lost the election. To be Simple... It's was not his time!

The timing of the elections couldn't be more wrong for John Kerry. His own state condoned same sex marriages, we are at "war", and the economy, which was his strongest suit, was not bad enough to scare the american public. Yet, with what seemed to be a huge wall to climb, John Kerry came to within 150,000 votes in Ohio of becoming the next president. How could this be possible? the answer is simple.. "Middle" America is growing in population.

Why? Because "Middle" America perceives both the left and right as being deceptive. They see the Left as "The sinners who wants big government to promote their sinfull ways", while they see the Right as "The religious zealots who wants big government to shove the bible down our throuts, Salem style".

Well I have a surprise for all fo you, I am a middle american. I did my initial inspection of this site and I was happy to report that the middle american's view of the both the liberals and the conservatives are VERY MUCH TRUE! Both sides are bigoted and that they will stoop to nothing to prove their point, even at the expense of being caught contradicting themselves.

Middle America is growing and it will be us who will decide who runs this country. I voted Democrat for president, but turned around and voted Republican for congress. Yet, I took flak from both sides; this is absolute proof that middle america will continue to grow; it's also proof that the Republican controlled government will have much to prove, within the next two years, in order to maintain their status.

You wonder why america is divided? 33% Conservative, 33% Liberal, 34% Middle America.

Now you know my position; impress me!

"I hop u wosh yer arse! It's abot to be kissed bya king!"

- A line from the movie Braveheart

hylandrdet said:
After consulting with political experts, analyzing exits polls and doing my own research, I present my final report on why John Kerry had lost the election. To be Simple... It's was not his time!

The timing of the elections couldn't be more wrong for John Kerry. His own state condoned same sex marriages, we are at "war", and the economy, which was his strongest suit, was not bad enough to scare the american public. Yet, with what seemed to be a huge wall to climb, John Kerry came to within 150,000 votes in Ohio of becoming the next president. How could this be possible? the answer is simple.. "Middle" America is growing in population.

Why? Because "Middle" America perceives both the left and right as being deceptive. They see the Left as "The sinners who wants big government to promote their sinfull ways", while they see the Right as "The religious zealots who wants big government to shove the bible down our throuts, Salem style".

Well I have a surprise for all fo you, I am a middle american. I did my initial inspection of this site and I was happy to report that the middle american's view of the both the liberals and the conservatives are VERY MUCH TRUE! Both sides are bigoted and that they will stoop to nothing to prove their point, even at the expense of being caught contradicting themselves.

Middle America is growing and it will be us who will decide who runs this country. I voted Democrat for president, but turned around and voted Republican for congress. Yet, I took flak from both sides; this is absolute proof that middle america will continue to grow; it's also proof that the Republican controlled government will have much to prove, within the next two years, in order to maintain their status.

You wonder why america is divided? 33% Conservative, 33% Liberal, 34% Middle America.

Now you know my position; impress me!

"I hop u wosh yer arse! It's abot to be kissed bya king!"

- A line from the movie Braveheart

Problem with that assessment is that what Liberals consider right wing fanaticism is just normal America. Those who don't want abortion on demand, don't want all religion taken out of the public forum, responsible governemnt spending, low taxes, judges who are not activist, but judicial, who are against gay marriage but don't mind gay unions, don't want their children indoctrinated by Liberal teachers, knows the UN is useless and corrupt, who believe in diplomacy first but support blowing mother fuckin terrorists assholes open................That's normal conservative America, not David Duke America...........Quit mislabeling things to suit your idea of morality and government!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by hylandrdet
""""Right now there are massive resignations going on in the CIA simply because they refuse to serve under what they believe is a lying president.""""

You are so wrong, it's regretable.

The CIA purge is overdue. You Liberal spin artists are trying to make an anti-Bush issue out of the CIA resignations.

The CIA is part of the Executive branch, and that means it falls under the President's watch and control! The CIA botched WMD's, and the CIA has a bunch of loose guns that are out writing anti-administration books......etc. Clark....etc......and purposefully originators of leaks that were politically motivated to enhance Sen. Kerry's election bid. The CIA is supposed to be serving the security/information needs of the current administration and of course we can't forget, our country. The Demos. under Clinton filled so many positions in the CIA with politicos, rather than qualified U.S. servants.........it's brain numbing. Those are your future and present resignations, and I just say........Thank God! It's time that GWB cleaned house at the CIA. All the media stories about unrest at the CIA over the new director is actually fear of getting one's ARSE fired for being a Clintonian/liberal plant whose career is up!

You Libs are so addicted to believing all the crap, and anti-administration crapola that overtly and covertly is spoon fed to you through CNN, ABC, CBS, MSNBC, PBS, Reuters, AP, and of course BBC! You hope so badly that GWB will fail. You don't care about your country, because you've adopted an ideology of "The End Justifies The Means". You just want the power back in the White House, and your willing to stretch, distort, and outright lie, to attain that Holy shrine called power over the people.

You libs remind me of King Arthur and men from Monty Python's Holy Grail. You really think your riding real horses(You understand morals), you really think your going to find a Holy Grail(Socialism/Communism), you really think that the people need King Arthur(Any Democrat) to be their king; even to the point of slashing anyone that gets in your path. All along your living in LA LA land as indicated by this most recent election. You will find that the dispersion of Red on a county by county level goes deeply into all the Blue areas of the U.S. map. Those solid blue areas are "swiss cheesed" with red bubbles in reality! You will find few blue counties in the Red fly over states except in the high welfare metro areas.

You libs think you're the true defenders of democracy, yet in your ideologic craze, your dangerously close to encouraging anarchy against the very system of government that gives you a free voice. You don't know what compromise means, you only know one thing, and it's your way or the plank. While conservates distrust/disagree with liberal politicians, you foment hate for conservatives. Yes the one's that claim a lock on compassion foment......Christophobia........the new watchword, and title for those that claim to be Christians in word, but show their true colors in their actions..i..e..Partial birth abortions,,,,,,,ransacking Bush/Cheney election headqtrs......Harassing patrons who tried to attend......The Passion of The Christ Movies......etc.

Regards, Eightballsidepocket

Did anyone else laugh themselves silly reading that opening salvo from hylandrdet?

Holy crap, that was funny!

I have nothing to add, nice work on that fine example of Liberal Lunacy!

Eightball said:
Originally Posted by hylandrdet
""""Right now there are massive resignations going on in the CIA simply because they refuse to serve under what they believe is a lying president.""""

You are so wrong, it's regretable.

The CIA purge is overdue. You Liberal spin artists are trying to make an anti-Bush issue out of the CIA resignations.

The CIA is part of the Executive branch, and that means it falls under the President's watch and control! The CIA botched WMD's, and the CIA has a bunch of loose guns that are out writing anti-administration books......etc. Clark....etc......and purposefully originators of leaks that were politically motivated to enhance Sen. Kerry's election bid. The CIA is supposed to be serving the security/information needs of the current administration and of course we can't forget, our country. The Demos. under Clinton filled so many positions in the CIA with politicos, rather than qualified U.S. servants.........it's brain numbing. Those are your future and present resignations, and I just say........Thank God! It's time that GWB cleaned house at the CIA. All the media stories about unrest at the CIA over the new director is actually fear of getting one's ARSE fired for being a Clintonian/liberal plant whose career is up!

You Libs are so addicted to believing all the crap, and anti-administration crapola that overtly and covertly is spoon fed to you through CNN, ABC, CBS, MSNBC, PBS, Reuters, AP, and of course BBC! You hope so badly that GWB will fail. You don't care about your country, because you've adopted an ideology of "The End Justifies The Means". You just want the power back in the White House, and your willing to stretch, distort, and outright lie, to attain that Holy shrine called power over the people.

You libs remind me of King Arthur and men from Monty Python's Holy Grail. You really think your riding real horses(You understand morals), you really think your going to find a Holy Grail(Socialism/Communism), you really think that the people need King Arthur(Any Democrat) to be their king; even to the point of slashing anyone that gets in your path. All along your living in LA LA land as indicated by this most recent election. You will find that the dispersion of Red on a county by county level goes deeply into all the Blue areas of the U.S. map. Those solid blue areas are "swiss cheesed" with red bubbles in reality! You will find few blue counties in the Red fly over states except in the high welfare metro areas.

You libs think you're the true defenders of democracy, yet in your ideologic craze, your dangerously close to encouraging anarchy against the very system of government that gives you a free voice. You don't know what compromise means, you only know one thing, and it's your way or the plank. While conservates distrust/disagree with liberal politicians, you foment hate for conservatives. Yes the one's that claim a lock on compassion foment......Christophobia........the new watchword, and title for those that claim to be Christians in word, but show their true colors in their actions..i..e..Partial birth abortions,,,,,,,ransacking Bush/Cheney election headqtrs......Harassing patrons who tried to attend......The Passion of The Christ Movies......etc.

Regards, Eightballsidepocket

Bravo eightball in the side pocket!! :thewave:

hylandrdet said:
Well congrats new born christians, aka fanatics.

Thanks to your outpouring, George W. Bush will have another shot at trying to put the Bible into our laws, while at the same time, sending troops to muslim nations in hopes of taking the Koran out of their laws...? :wtf:

You do know the fundemental difference between the most nations and the western world, don't you? It's really quite simple; imagine what America would be like if every sin you'd commited would be punished with jail time or hefty fines, if not severe beatings or executions; oh, wait a minute, we did go through that phase!

But we, unlike the other nations, overcame it. How did we do it? Simple; our founding fathers made it absolutely clear through our constitution...WE WILL NOT HAVE OUR RELIGIONS DICTATE OUR NATION'S POLICIES. If you want GOD to change your life, ask for it through prayer; do not ask for it through legislation. This is the true spirit of the separation of Church and State.

At a time when governments and Kingdoms were executing anyone who spoke out against them, THEY not only had chosen to give you the right to speak out, THEY gave you the right to arm yourself in case THE GOVERNMENT tried to silence your voice.

This is why the liberals will NEVER go away, because America, like it or not, is a LIBERAL NATION, FOUNDED BY THE LIBERALS AND FOR THE LIBERALS. It's you communists, uh, conservatives who are trying to undo what had been done over 200 years ago.

Now it's time to burst a bubble or so.

TOP FIVE REASONS WHY THE "MORAL RIGHT" WILL GET "WRONGED" IN THE NEXT FOUR YEARS. HINT- IT HAS TO DO WITH THE SUPREME COURT.

5. Sen. Orrin Hatch, a Republican, in a recent interview, warned the Bush administration that the moderate Republicans WILL vote against any Supreme Court nominee who gives any impression that they will pursue the overturning of Roe v. Wade.

4. As a Supreme Court Judge, in order to win your argument, you must present legal precedents of which reflect the nation's overall view. In layman's terms, you must prove that this nation has already accepted the change through various legal decisions.

Ex: A very conservative supreme court is more likely to ban same sex marriages because the conservative judges can can cite eleven state admendments which do not legally achknowledge such a union.

3. Once it comes before the Supreme court and fails, good luck bringing it back. Between abortion and affirmative action, a total of less than 10 cases had came before the supreme court over the last thirty years; with the primarly subject being an attempt to restrict, not to OVERTURN, the ruling.

2. PERSONNEL. For the changes you conservatives need, you'll need at least THREE new and VERY conservative judges. Between the actual retirement times of some of the judges and the "Hatch"-it job that will await...? good luck.

1. MY PERSONAL FAVORITE...TIME!!! You don't have enough time. Six months- the time it take to get an appointment to argue before the supreme court; one month- to decide as to whether to take the case; six months- the case starts; one month- the case ends; six months- the court makes its decision. THE AVERAGE TIME- 20 MONTHS...AND YOU HAVEN'T PUT IN ONE CONSERVATIVE JUDGE YET. 2008? MORE LIKE 2010, AND THAT'S IF YOU WIN THE WHITE HOUSE AND CONGRESS FOR THE THIRD STRAIGHT TIME.

Have a nice weekend my conservative americans; I hope I didn't spoil your :alco: celebration. Enjoy your "moral" victory.

"Religion is like alcohol, it's perfectly fine, so long as it's taken in moderation"
:duh3:

:bye1:

Good point, and they'd all be kissing the queen mother's butt if it weren't for the liberal minded freedom fighters who founded this great country of ours. :thup:

sagegirl said:

Good point, and they'd all be kissing the queen mother's butt if it weren't for the liberal minded freedom fighters who founded this great country of ours. :thup:
Still stuck on that "liberal" thing...eh? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back