Thought Iran Was 5-10 Years From A Bomb

still riding a dead horse, I see.---- or should I say7, still being a jackass???

When you admit your as stupid as a box of rocks OR admit your wrong, we can move on. As for Paulatics whine, Donniston has no room to call anyone mentally deficient when he can not even read nor understand simple english. How is it relevant? Donniston has repeatedly claimed no one can be retired from the military for medical reasons, presented with absolute proof he is wrong his response has been to ignore the links and continue to claim that no one can be medically retired from the military.

His latest dfense is to pretend it is all cut and dried and he is right.

So once again, anytime Donniston posts any opinion or claim to knowledge I will be reminding everyone just how IGNORANT and useless any point he tries to make is.

What past words...Wipe Israel off the map? You do realize that Ahmadinejad quote was taken way out of context, and was meant to be directed towards the current regime/regimes that have plagued Israel since it's inception, right? That's already been clarified by Iran.

You know, like the way we wiped the Hussein regime off the map?

It's a figure of speech, and it was an echo of what Khomeini originally said.

People need to take a second and actually think about the belief they have that Iran would attack Israel, especially with a nuke. They know damn well that if they were to EVER attack Israel directly, THEY'D be the ones wiped off the map. And THAT would be LITERALLY.

It's propaganda, and it seems to be working rather well on a lot of you. If it weren't for those accusations against Iran, how would the administration be able to pull off attacking them?
I don't see how "wipe Israel off the map" can be taken out of context, especially if it reiterates what Khomeini originally said.

Nor does Ahmadinejad care if Israel relatiates and Iran is destroyed. MAD does not work with guys that think 27 virgins are waiting for them.

as opposed to the second coming of jebus and the Armageddon that follows? How long before ahmadenijad becomes the next anti-christ candidate?

Asking why M.E, muslims should have paid the price of a european war is valid. The entire premise of israel is about as solid as the latino claim to Atzlan. screaming jew hating antisemite at every corner won't solve anything.

I don't see how "wipe Israel off the map" can be taken out of context, especially if it reiterates what Khomeini originally said.

Khomeini's statement is rather vague:

Khomeini's words said:
"this regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time"

There's about 60-70% of americans who feel exactly the same way about the Bush/Cheney regime occupying Washington.

Ahmadinejad's statement was also way too vague for anyone to make a distinct determination of the exact meaning. There have been exact translation issues as well. But he and others in his government have already stated that he was reiterating Khomeini.

Nothing about that, or the fact that Iran has not attacked another nation in the past 2 centuries, should lead anyone to believe that they are planning an imminent attack on Israel.

Nor does Ahmadinejad care if Israel relatiates and Iran is destroyed. MAD does not work with guys that think 27 virgins are waiting for them.

You know what Ahmadinejad personally cares about? No, you don't. You just THINK you have him all figured out, because of an unclear statement he made, and the propaganda that has ensued in the US media over it.

Muslims believe in an afterlife in heaven just like any christian or jew does. The fact that SOME are willing to kill themselves in the physical life over some twisted, delusional interpretation of what they THINK the Koran is saying, or the bible or the Tanakh for that matter, doesn't automatically implicate every Muslim in the same light.

But you go ahead and let the Western world's media pick your enemies FOR you. They know what's best for you, right?

Here's a NY Time's article on it:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/11/weekinreview/11bronner.html?ex=1307678400&en=efa2bd266224e880&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

Khomeini's statement is rather vague:

There's about 60-70% of americans who feel exactly the same way about the Bush/Cheney regime occupying Washington.

Ahmadinejad's statement was also way too vague for anyone to make a distinct determination of the exact meaning. There have been exact translation issues as well. But he and others in his government have already stated that he was reiterating Khomeini.

Nothing about that, or the fact that Iran has not attacked another nation in the past 2 centuries, should lead anyone to believe that they are planning an imminent attack on Israel.

You know what Ahmadinejad personally cares about? No, you don't. You just THINK you have him all figured out, because of an unclear statement he made, and the propaganda that has ensued in the US media over it.

Muslims believe in an afterlife in heaven just like any christian or jew does. The fact that SOME are willing to kill themselves in the physical life over some twisted, delusional interpretation of what they THINK the Koran is saying, or the bible or the Tanakh for that matter, doesn't automatically implicate every Muslim in the same light.

But you go ahead and let the Western world's media pick your enemies FOR you. They know what's best for you, right?

Here's a NY Time's article on it:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/11/weekinreview/11bronner.html?ex=1307678400&en=efa2bd266224e880&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss
From your link:
Jonathan Steele, a columnist for the left-leaning Guardian newspaper in London, recently laid out the case this way: "The Iranian president was quoting an ancient statement by Iran's first Islamist leader, the late Ayatollah Khomeini, that 'this regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time,'
[emp added]

To use your tone and words: 'But you go ahead and let a leftist opinion writer make excuses for radical Isalmists FOR you. They know what's best for you, right?'

If you are willing to provide a link to a source article of either's speech instead of snippets chosen by someone with an ax to grind against the US then perhaps we can have an intelligent discussion.

Amnadinejad doesn't control the iranian military. He's a figurehead. He has little power in Iran. The Revolutionary Council are the rulers of Iran, and I assure you, they DO care about seeing israeli nukes raining down on their heads.

Amnadinejad has little more power than officiating at ribbon-cutting ceremonies for new hospitals. He's a quack. But, a relatively powerless quack.

I wish you cons would do your research, before you start pooping your pants, wringing your hands in fear, and trying to get us into another unneccessary war.

Amnadinejad doesn't control the iranian military. He's a figurehead. He has little power in Iran. The Revolutionary Council are the rulers of Iran, and I assure you, they DO care about seeing israeli nukes raining down on their heads.

Amnadinejad has little more power than officiating at ribbon-cutting ceremonies for new hospitals. He's a quack. But, a relatively powerless quack.

I wish you cons would do your research, before you start pooping your pants, wringing your hands in fear, and trying to get us into another unneccessary war.
Right, he's nothing, go to sleep. Damn it! No War!

Right, he's nothing, go to sleep. Damn it! No War!

Admit it. You thought he was in charge of the Iranian military, and he had the power to take iran to war. You had no clue he was a relatively powerless figurehead, that is mainly relegated to ceremonial duties.

You learned something tonight, didn't you? Amadinajad has ZERO power to order the iranian military to do anything, let alone order a nuclear strike on israel.

From your link: [emp added]

To use your tone and words: 'But you go ahead and let a leftist opinion writer make excuses for radical Isalmists FOR you. They know what's best for you, right?'

If you are willing to provide a link to a source article of either's speech instead of snippets chosen by someone with an ax to grind against the US then perhaps we can have an intelligent discussion.

Uh oh! A columnist from the other side of your preferred political spectrum opined! Stick those fingers in your ears!

I didn't post the article for the 'left leaning' columnist's opinion alone, I posted it to give you an idea of how the statements have been examined, and also because it was from a MSM source. Some people complain if it's not from corporate media. I wasn't even trying to claim it as backing me up. I thought I was doing you a favor by trying to give you both sides, which that article does.

You already assumed I must have preferred the left-leaning columnist's opinion because I'm anti-war, and so i MUST be a lefty. It's the only characterization of the Left. antiwar. That's it. Nothing else.

It's like you're skimming through and all the sudden you see 'left' and *screeeeeetch*, you stop right there and say AH! I KNEW IT! YOU'RE A LEFTY!

Fuck the left, glockmail. Fuck the article too, really, since you obviously missed the point of it entirely.

I didn't need the article to make my point. The meat and potatoes of my point was in my post, but you neglected to comment on that so you could grandstand with a stupid anti-left argument that didn't even apply.

When you admit your as stupid as a box of rocks OR admit your wrong, we can move on. As for Paulatics whine, Donniston has no room to call anyone mentally deficient when he can not even read nor understand simple english. How is it relevant? Donniston has repeatedly claimed no one can be retired from the military for medical reasons, presented with absolute proof he is wrong his response has been to ignore the links and continue to claim that no one can be medically retired from the military.

His latest dfense is to pretend it is all cut and dried and he is right.

So once again, anytime Donniston posts any opinion or claim to knowledge I will be reminding everyone just how IGNORANT and useless any point he tries to make is.
So in short, yiou seem to be admitting that the only reason you enter the conversation is to attempt (repeat) "ATTEMPT" to stick it to me. However Jackass, I don't beleive I have EVER said that a person couldn't be retired for medical reasons. I said YOU have shown that you have not been. the proof is right their in you own arguements.

No I hadn't intended to continue this and would rather let sleeping dogs lie. but if you persist, I will point out the facts of which I have recently been appraised "BY THE HORSES MOUTH". --- (The veteran's administration).

But as I have just stated. you seem destined just to make more noise, instead of concentration on worthwhile issues.

You may point out whatever you think are my imperfections as much as you please but I will still have my say, and I doubt your opinions have very much of a following.

Glockmail. Please show where he has said that in recent years, except as you have spun it. He has indeed stated that he beleived that it will happen, but I don't think he has ever said that it was his desire.

Its time for cons to get educated on iran. Especially since you all have been pooping your diapers, and wringing your hands in fear that Ahmadinejad "might" order a nuclear strike on israel...and that he's so crazy, he wouldn't care about an israeli nuclear counterstrike.

I'm sorry Newsmax and Fox haven't seen fit to tell you: But Ahmadinejad doesn't control the military. He has no power to order them to do anything. He's a ceremonial figurehead. The rulers of Iran - the ones in charge of iran's military - are the Revolutionary Council. Who are ruled by fundamentalist men - but they are far from crazy, and far from being deluded into a suicidal delusion of wanting to see israeli nuclear missles raining down on their heads.

Turn off the Fox News, and read this

http://www.columbia.edu/cu/alumni/Magazine/Spring2007/GreatGame.html

If Ahmadinejad truly intends to “wipe Israel off the map,” and if he is actually determined to develop a bomb and a missile to deliver it, there are a lot of things that have to happen before he does that, including the fact that he needs to get the Supreme Leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, to support him. And he needs support from the other power centers in Iran. How’s he going to control the military and get them to launch that missile, which everybody knows is suicide?

Of course, Ahmadinejad doesn’t control the military. That’s Khamenei’s job. Not only that, but Ahmadinejad is now coming under attack within Iran itself because people are saying, “This guy is an idiot and he’s making all these crazy statements.” But we ignore that, because it suits our purposes to focus on him.

Admit it. You thought he was in charge of the Iranian military, and he had the power to take iran to war. You had no clue he was a relatively powerless figurehead, that is mainly relegated to ceremonial duties.

You learned something tonight, didn't you? Amadinajad has ZERO power to order the iranian military to do anything, let alone order a nuclear strike on israel.

If you think I didn't know the mullahs had way more influence than him, you are wrong. If different, please explain, as I'm lost to your pov.

If you think I didn't know the mullahs had way more influence than him, you are wrong. If different, please explain, as I'm lost to your pov.

I wish you'd just admit that you and your con buddy in this thread, have vastly over rated Amnadinajad's power in iran.

I wish you'd just admit that you didn't know he was little more than an errand boy for the Supreme Leader and the Revolutionary Council.

I wish you'd just admit you didn't know that the Supreme Leader and Revolutionary council have the complete and sole authority over iran's military, security forces, and policy-making. That Amnadinajad has no power over the military, and no authority to command them.

Its obvious you didn't know all that. Because you cons have been shadow boxing with the relatively powerless ahmadinajad.

I wish you'd just admit that you and your con buddy in this thread, have vastly over rated Amnadinajad's power in iran.

I wish you'd just admit that you didn't know he was little more than an errand boy for the Supreme Leader and the Revolutionary Council.

I wish you'd just admit you didn't know that the Supreme Leader and Revolutionary council have the complete and sole authority over iran's military, security forces, and policy-making. That Amnadinajad has no power over the military, and no authority to command them.

Its obvious you didn't know all that. Because you cons have been shadow boxing with the relatively powerless ahmadinajad.

First id the 'con buddy' since I'm pretty well on my own on this forum nowadays.

I wish she would actually comment on the heart of people's points they try to make, at least once in a while even, instead of always resorting to making sure she saves face somehow.

I wish she would actually comment on the heart of people's points they try to make, at least once in a while even, instead of always resorting to making sure she saves face somehow.

I might, if I could get answers to those trying to overwhelm.

They already have us by the balls with their oil supplies and our oil demands. They could seriously damage us economically without even having to fire a shot.

And therein lies the real reason for all the chest thumping by neocons over Iran (oh, and they fact they caught the US with its pants down over the hostage crisis)..

And therein lies the real reason for all the chest thumping by neocons over Iran (oh, and they fact they caught the US with its pants down over the hostage crisis)..

I can't respond to all conspiracies, though I'll try to answer Ron Paul questions.

I can't respond to all conspiracies, though I'll try to answer Ron Paul questions.

Nothing conspirital about it....No oil in the ME, US doesn't give a shit. Simple. They have proved it over and over again with the likes of Sierra Leone, Liberia, Rwanda etc. If those places were full of oil, you can bet your bottom dollar Uncle Sam would have been sniffing around. The only time you guys have recently tried to help out on purely humanitarian grounds (the Balkans and Somalia), Clinton got flayed alive by the conservatives.

Forum List

Back