Though I Die Hard, I Am Not Afraid of Death

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
On this day in 1799 George Washington passed away.

The last conversations George Washington had was with his secretary, Tobias Lear, concerned his burial arrangements. "Have me decently buried; and do not let my body be put into the vault in less than three days after I am dead." Fears of being buried too soon were common in the 18th century. Although Tobias Lear reportedly bowed affirmatively, Washington wanted to be certain: "Do you understand?" Upon received verbal confirmation that his last wishes would be honored, Washington spoke his final words: "Tis well."

I like how Washington forbad them from putting his body and making into some sort of cult like shrine at the Capital.

He just wanted to be left alone and buried on his own property, end of story.

Conversely, you average cookie cutter Leftists like Lenin or Mao or Chavez want their bodies to be embalmed with a glass coffin so that people can come from miles around to continue to worship.

After all, how can we live without them?

I like how Washington forbad them from putting his body and making into some sort of cult like shrine at the Capital.

He just wanted to be left alone and buried on his own property, end of story.

Conversely, you average cookie cutter Leftists like Lenin or Mao or Chavez want their bodies to be embalmed with a glass coffin so that people can come from miles around to continue to worship.

After all, how can we live without them?

So Bawwy will go glass coffin?

Forum List

Back