Thou Shalt Not Kill,,,,,,,,except when?????

The correct translation is thou shalt not murder. Which is the killing of innocents in cold blood. You seem to have a basic misunderstanding between murder and killing.

The taking of a human life for reasons not universally accepted is indeed murder and that is exactly from where my premise derives. Do I need to explain or are you just that dumb? Even with your analogy, the deaths as now described as "collateral damage" are simply MURDER, aren't they?

The correct translation is thou shalt not murder. Which is the killing of innocents in cold blood. You seem to have a basic misunderstanding between murder and killing.

You wouldn't make the grade "Super" in a McDonalds French Fry line or would you? Prove it by reading the posts and responding within reason.

Psychoblues

The taking of a human life for reasons not universally accepted is indeed murder and that is exactly from where my premise derives. Do I need to explain or are you just that dumb? Even with your analogy, the deaths as now described as "collateral damage" are simply MURDER, aren't they?

You wouldn't make the grade "Super" in a McDonalds French Fry line or would you? Prove it by reading the posts and responding within reason.

Psychoblues

All them little "binladens" had it coming to em.

Who is trying to kill you, Mr. P?

Cept when the mofo wants to kill me. Simple.

Are you somehow connected to the powers as perceived by the extremists to dominate and manipulate businesses that have a bearing on foreign resourse exploitation? If not, you are a sucker, not a Patriot and certainly not at all engaged on the geopolitical nature and or facts of this geopolitical Earth.

Admit it, you are no more secure now than you were on September 10, 2001. Shitting down your leg or shooting your next door neighbor isn't going to help you. Getting an education only might help you. Your nature is to be afraid and that is what the republicans want from you.

Psychoblues

There is no wonder that the heretofore innocents now want to come after you tooth and nail. With an attitude like that towards the killing of women, children and otherwise innocent men you deserve nothing other than their wrath.

All them little "binladens" had it coming to em.

Did I tell you that I think you a pitiful excuse for the American man that I was raised to believe in?

Psychoblues

Who is trying to kill you, Mr. P?

Are you somehow connected to the powers as perceived by the extremists to dominate and manipulate businesses that have a bearing on foreign resourse exploitation? If not, you are a sucker, not a Patriot and certainly not at all engaged on the geopolitical nature and or facts of this geopolitical Earth.

Admit it, you are no more secure now than you were on September 10, 2001. Shitting down your leg or shooting your next door neighbor isn't going to help you. Getting an education only might help you. Your nature is to be afraid and that is what the republicans want from you.

Psychoblues

You asked….

Thou Shalt Not Kill,,,,,,,,except when?????

Thou Shalt Not Kill

Except when?

Psychoblues
I answered. Deal with it.

There is no wonder that the heretofore innocents now want to come after you tooth and nail. With an attitude like that towards the killing of women, children and otherwise innocent men you deserve nothing other than their wrath.

Did I tell you that I think you a pitiful excuse for the American man that I was raised to believe in?

Psychoblues

Bring em on

I had an argument over this a few months ago. When did it become "murder" and not "kill?" I was raised catholic and every time the church discussed the ten commandments it was always "kill." When did this change?

Sadly, I think you are serious in your delusions.

Bring em on

Otherwise, you're just a punk ass just like the CIC that couldn't bring himself to perform as his country expected and found a safe haven and even then couldn't perform according to reasonable expectations.

Psychoblues

There is no real argument on this issue, liberalogic. Killing is killing, murder is murder but it is still killing. Either way the commandments forbid the exercise of it. Eye for an eye went out when Jesus Christ entered the political arena and there are those that desire the more violent rendition of the Bible. Even Moses, in the Old Testament, decried KILLING for any reason as he was instructed by God yet some Christians and Jews refute that teaching. As Jesus said, "Shake the dust off your feet an move on about your business." Any self described Christian that embraces human death at the hands of another human is actually no Christian at all in my opinion. I've had that argument with myself many times and I cannot escape what I tell you now.

I had an argument over this a few months ago. When did it become "murder" and not "kill?" I was raised catholic and every time the church discussed the ten commandments it was always "kill." When did this change?

It changed when uniquely American republican political expediency wanted it to change. They shape the rules to suit themselves and blame it all on Bill Clinton or whoever else is convenient.

Psychoblues

Sadly, I think you are serious in your delusions.

Otherwise, you're just a punk ass just like the CIC that couldn't bring himself to perform as his country expected and found a safe haven and even then couldn't perform according to reasonable expectations.

Psychoblues

well---are they coming after me or not?

Psychoblues

I was unaware that man had to form concensus to determine the will of God.

Saddam Hussien was a monster. He was responsible for genocide. He is about as innocent as Hitler and Stalin are. His execution is an act of justice.

And I know you have problems dealing with facts, but stop with the personal attacks. You want to discuss things. Then discuss them. Stop avoiding the conversation.

The original wording of the Sixth Commandment used the Hebrew word "ratsah" which translates most directly as "murder." Had the original wording been "harag" then a more generalized "kill" would be acceptable as translation.

Moreover, Jesus seems to clarify the idea of "murder" in Matthew 5:21-16 so as to require a spiritual component, specifically that murder required malice or hate.
Remember, Jesus said the He came not to tear down the Law, but to uphold the spirit of the law.

Wow psycho I thought (mistakenly) that you may change in the 3 yrs i was away. Silly me, being the typical liberal you are, you still can't carry on a conversation w/o name calling. Fix that and at some point you might be taken seriously.

Wow psycho I thought (mistakenly) that you may change in the 3 yrs i was away. Silly me, being the typical liberal you are, you still can't carry on a conversation w/o name calling. Fix that and at some point you might be taken seriously.

One of the reasons he's on a time-out.

Pretty stupid to claim the commandment was a literal prohibition against killing...we aren't able to eat fresh meat or fresh vegetables without doing so.

That's not really a fair comparison. I just need a Christian to explain to me how murder or killing or whatever we're calling it, is condoned under any circumstances according to Christian beliefs. It just doesn't make sense. Isn't Christianity about love and FORGIVENESS rather than justice?

Christians are focusing on the here and now, terrestrial things. I thought they believed that the real justice is served on judgment day.

That's not really a fair comparison. I just need a Christian to explain to me how murder or killing or whatever we're calling it, is condoned under any circumstances according to Christian beliefs. It just doesn't make sense. Isn't Christianity about love and FORGIVENESS rather than justice?

Christians are focusing on the here and now, terrestrial things. I thought they believed that the real justice is served on judgment day.

Killing in self-defense is an obvious exception. Killing an animal for food is another. How many do you need listed to understand the problem with your "under any circumstances" argument?

Forum List

Back