Thots on Inequality, Economic Mobility, etc.

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
Imagine a taxpayer who, for a decade or so, had an average annual income of NEGATIVE $100 million. Would be be included in the "Bottom Quintile" of earners for those years? That's like, less than nothing, right?

And what if that taxpayer was later reported to have an annual of, I don't know, a couple hundred million a year - putting him WELL into the top quintile - would that be a great, inspirational story of upward mobility? If not, why not?

And if this taxpayer inherited, say, half a Billion from his Paternal Unit, at what point - how many Billions - can he claim to have been successful on his own?

Income taxes returns do not represent one's wealth generally. As for Mr. Trump, as I have pointed out already today on this issue, investment real estate is forced depreciation under tax law. You have to depreciate because the IRS is going to treat it like you did when you sell it whether you took the deductions or not.

Imagine a taxpayer who, for a decade or so, had an average annual income of NEGATIVE $100 million. Would be be included in the "Bottom Quintile" of earners for those years? That's like, less than nothing, right?

And what if that taxpayer was later reported to have an annual of, I don't know, a couple hundred million a year - putting him WELL into the top quintile - would that be a great, inspirational story of upward mobility? If not, why not?

And if this taxpayer inherited, say, half a Billion from his Paternal Unit, at what point - how many Billions - can he claim to have been successful on his own?

So, you revere the rich & the wealthy, the millionaire, the millionaire working on being a billionaire, and you hate the working poor, the middle class, those that struggle aka the 99%.

I have always seen you as that individual but now I am certain.

Thank you for the clarification.

What are "thots?"

U8e38EI.gif

I think you need to Google that term OP.

Forum List

Back