Those WI dairy farmers will have to throw milk away.

I once heard a nutritionist say that nature intended milk to turn a 200lb calf into a 1200lb cow in 2yrs. Of course I still use skim in my fruit smoothies and a little on my oatmeal. Everything in moderation.

WASHINGTON—Holy cow, he’s now coming after us.

U.S. President Donald Trump slammed Canada’s trade practices for the first time, vowing to call Canadian officials to demand changes to dairy policies Wisconsin farmers say threaten their livelihoods.

“We are also going to stand up for our dairy farmers in Wisconsin. And I’ve been reading about it, I’ve been talking about it for a long time, and that demands, really, immediately, fair trade, with all of our trading partners. And that includes Canada,” he said Tuesday, raising his voice to emphasize the country. To this day liberals lack the IQ to understand?

“Because in Canada, some very unfair things have happened to our dairy farmers and others.”

Snip

At the beginning of April, Wisconsin’s Grassland Dairy Products informed 75 local farms that it would no longer purchase their milk. Grassland said it made the decision because it had just lost tens of millions of dollars worth of Canadian business as a result of the policy change in Canada.

The Canadian dairy industry, tightly regulated under a system of “supply management,” has long been protected from foreign competition by tariffs on imports. But ultrafiltered milk from the U.S. had been allowed to enter Canada tariff-free, and Canadian processors often preferred to import rather than pay higher prices to buy from Canadians.

A year ago, though, Ontario changed the rules: it allowed local processors to buy ultrafiltered milk and other kinds of skim milk from Canadian farms at world prices rather than the higher Canadian prices. All of a sudden, the need for U.S. imports evaporated.

Canada is now adopting a similar policy across the country, further alarming the U.S. industry already beset by a supply glut. In Wisconsin, some of the family farmers say they will have to sell off their cows if they can’t quickly find another processor.

Donald Trump sours on Canada over ‘very unfair’ milk policy | Toronto Star

Also:

What the Canada-EU Deal Means for the Future of Trade (CETA)
What the Canada-EU Deal Means for the Future of Trade

How dare Canada to do this, why wouldn't Canadian put the US first?? I mean my gosh. Trump was going to get rid of NAFTA anyway. Buy American executive order which Trump just signed didn't really help any negotiations and really puts whatever he has to say to Canada at a lost, and to be frank , is Ivanka buying American made products ? and he has never bought American products. What really can he say?? He has no leg to stand on.

we should have free trade among individuals, cities, states, and nations to avoid endless trade wars that raise prices and lower our standard of living. This is perhaps the main reason behind our Constitution!!

Last edited:
WASHINGTON—Holy cow, he’s now coming after us.

U.S. President Donald Trump slammed Canada’s trade practices for the first time, vowing to call Canadian officials to demand changes to dairy policies Wisconsin farmers say threaten their livelihoods.

“We are also going to stand up for our dairy farmers in Wisconsin. And I’ve been reading about it, I’ve been talking about it for a long time, and that demands, really, immediately, fair trade, with all of our trading partners. And that includes Canada,” he said Tuesday, raising his voice to emphasize the country. To this day liberals lack the IQ to understand?

“Because in Canada, some very unfair things have happened to our dairy farmers and others.”

Snip

At the beginning of April, Wisconsin’s Grassland Dairy Products informed 75 local farms that it would no longer purchase their milk. Grassland said it made the decision because it had just lost tens of millions of dollars worth of Canadian business as a result of the policy change in Canada.

The Canadian dairy industry, tightly regulated under a system of “supply management,” has long been protected from foreign competition by tariffs on imports. But ultrafiltered milk from the U.S. had been allowed to enter Canada tariff-free, and Canadian processors often preferred to import rather than pay higher prices to buy from Canadians.

A year ago, though, Ontario changed the rules: it allowed local processors to buy ultrafiltered milk and other kinds of skim milk from Canadian farms at world prices rather than the higher Canadian prices. All of a sudden, the need for U.S. imports evaporated.

Canada is now adopting a similar policy across the country, further alarming the U.S. industry already beset by a supply glut. In Wisconsin, some of the family farmers say they will have to sell off their cows if they can’t quickly find another processor.

Donald Trump sours on Canada over ‘very unfair’ milk policy | Toronto Star

Also:

What the Canada-EU Deal Means for the Future of Trade (CETA)
What the Canada-EU Deal Means for the Future of Trade

How dare Canada to do this, why wouldn't Canadian put the US first?? I mean my gosh. Trump was going to get rid of NAFTA anyway. Buy American executive order which Trump just signed didn't really help any negotiations and really puts whatever he has to say to Canada at a lost, and to be frank , is Ivanka buying American made products ? and he has never bought American products. What really can he say?? He has no leg to stand on.

we should have free trade among cities states and nations to avoid endless trade wars that raise prices and lower our standard of living. This is perhaps the main reason behind our Constitution!!

I do agree but we should be able to refuse things as well, that are substandard. Reading about the ? TTIP the UK is worried about our hormone infested meat and our GMO products. They should not have to accept them.

I am not sure about America First, it alienates everyone. We have a global society now and we have to adapt. Soon all countries will be developed, unless we keep destroying them.

Forum List

Back