Those Who Prefer Instrumental Music Tend To Be More Intelligent

th

******CHUCKLE*****

:)

The disgusting grin on Billy's face is a nauseating thing to behold ... :auiqs.jpg:

https://nypost.com/2019/05/22/smarter-people-listen-to-instrumental-music-study/

I have been involved in music basically my entire life. Instrumental, vocal, a combination of both; music is music. There is no good, or bad, better, or worse.
I played in an 85 piece orchestra when I was 13 to 15 years old; no vocals.
I have played with several bands as backing musician; some vocals, some not.
Again; music is music.
Enjoy it in ANY form.

The disgusting grin on Billy's face is a nauseating thing to behold ... :auiqs.jpg:

https://nypost.com/2019/05/22/smarter-people-listen-to-instrumental-music-study/

I have been involved in music basically my entire life. Instrumental, vocal, a combination of both; music is music. There is no good, or bad, better, or worse.
Again; music is music.
Enjoy it in ANY form.

Agreed, it's a stupid article, posted as comic relief only.

I love the Leningrad symphony but I find Babi Yar depressing as hell and I will never listen to it again what does that say about me?

I love the Leningrad symphony but I find Babi Yar depressing as hell and I will never listen to it again what does that say about me?

What about Babalu?

I was just thinking about babalu yesterday just out of the blue
swear to God. Now I remember - it was the Sammy Davis Jr video I was thinking of that reminded me of Desi. (actually it's one of my favorite words- sometimes I go around just saying "Babalu !" all day long.)

Again; music is music.
Enjoy it in ANY form.

It astounds me when people say this. "Music is music". Like because people have different tastes there is no bad quality and better quality. Yes, there is. I mean look. I love my students dearly, but my students playing "Hot Cross Buns" on their recorders after playing them for three weeks is NOT like the Carmina Burana, or the Mozart Requiem. They're on their way, and I appreciate music-making in all its form.

But a grilled cheese sandwich ain't a gourmet meal. Ever.

If you are a foodie, you probably love them both. Being a MUSIC "foodie", I love both Hot Cross Buns and the Mozart Requiem. But. I can surely tell the difference. "Music is NOT Music".

And I LOVE Tchaikovsky....

Ormandy, but I don't like the Karajan version as much. Dunno why.

Greg

God bless you and AKUS always!!!

Holly (a fan of Alison for 25 years now)

Sometimes the voice IS the musical instrument.

Greg

Some of my boneheaded American colleagues are uncertain about teaching these Spirituals now because Political Correctness and Cultural Appropriation. Yes, yes, indeed. Maybe we shouldn't teach them because slaves sang them first.

I will bite my tongue and save all the spew of words I could type about these absolute ninnies.

God bless you and AKUS always!!!

Holly (a fan of Alison for 25 years now)

Sometimes the voice IS the musical instrument.

Greg

Some of my boneheaded American colleagues are uncertain about teaching these Spirituals now because Political Correctness and Cultural Appropriation. Yes, yes, indeed. Maybe we shouldn't teach them because slaves sang them first.

I will bite my tongue and save all the spew of words I could type about these absolute ninnies.

Cultural Cringe we call it here; frankly it's dumb to deny one's roots..and shows an inferior mind.

Greg

Forum List

Back