Those who hate Obama are fighting reality

Obama's election happened due in largest part to moderates and independents voting for him in droves. Part of the problem you're obviously reacting to now are due in large part, to Obama himself. Breaking promises. Losing these moderates and independents. NO ONE "hates" Obama.

Remember all the promises Obama made while running for the office? And since getting elected? The staggering number of broken promises is far too numerous to list and discuss here, but this is a start.

Ask the "Transparency" crowd who has seen Obama mirror the Bush arguments to keep documents sealed, and to keep enemy combatants incarcerated indefinitely without trial. See what Congress says, about Obama continuing to use "signing statements" on bills to circumvent the Legislative branch, something else he promised he would end from the Bush era. No "change" found here.

Ask the Senior Citizens making under $50K who didn't get their income taxes ended as promised.

Of course, the lobbyists in his Administration that he swore to keep out probably won't want to discuss the matter, but I'll bet the gay community would be willing to discuss his support of the Defense of Marriage Act that he promised to repeal. Ask the unemployed how they feel about Obama's promise never delivered to create a $3,000 tax credit for jobs created, or how they still have to pay penalties for using their retirement accounts early just to get by despite his promise to the contrary.

And while we're on the subject, if you had tuned in to C-SPAN to see the health care debate negotiated there as Obama had promised, don't adjust your television set. It was another lie. And if you're expecting to see 5 days of public comment before the bill is signed, feel free to hold your breath. The Bills often don't receive enough comment time for the lack of oxygen to do any significant long term damage.

Yes, it would seem like absolute insanity for us to assume he would keep any promise. After all, even his promise to his kids to adopt a shelter dog went broken, resulting in Senator Kennedy having to purchase one for them from his breeder. Oh and, not a peep from PETA on that!

BROKEN PROMISES and INSANE SPENDING are the issues, stupid. NOT race or hate.

Obama probaly set the bar too high durring the elections.
But you should be smart enough to know the huge problems facing the US were not going to be solved over night no matter who was elected President.
A true measure of Obama's success or failure will not be until 2012.

You are not dealing with the reality of 2009. Obama inherited the largest Economic crisis since the great depression. Bush had doubled the national debt durring his 8 years. He inherited an immigration poroblem no politician has dealt with. He has bungled wars to straighten out.
We are now a country of 300 million plus. Our population has never been more diverse as is our problems. It is no longer the 1950's.
If you thought Obama could solve the problems in less than a year, the problem is your expectations not Obama's performance.

But you should be smart enough to know the huge problems facing the US were not going to be solved over night no matter who was elected President.

You are not dealing with the reality of 2009. Obama inherited the largest Economic crisis since the great depression. Bush had doubled the national debt durring his 8 years. He inherited an immigration poroblem no politician has dealt with. He has bungled wars to straighten out.
We are now a country of 300 million plus. Our population has never been more diverse as is our problems. It is no longer the 1950's.
If you thought Obama could solve the problems in less than a year, the problem is your expectations not Obama's performance.

so your ok with him pushing a health care bill that should be taken slowly.....not rushed....this is a monster undertaking....rush it through you just may increase things ten fold....something like this will take a while....

so your ok with him pushing a health care bill that should be taken slowly.....not rushed....this is a monster undertaking....rush it through you just may increase things ten fold....something like this will take a while....

Our politicians from both parties have failed to do anything on much needed health care reform for decades.
Obama needs to do something drastic to get movement on the issue. In doing so, I agree that it should not be rushed to the point it is ineffective. Flexibility must be built into the system to make changes as we learn the strengths and failures of the system created.

But without a frantic push by Obama the politicians will sit on their collective rear ends and do nothing.

He's one of the few who are actually MORE repulsive than George W. Bush by at least 4 times.
Killing people to prove to daddy how macho you are is much more repulsive than spending money you don't have.

Oh wait...

obama is still killing people and spending more money......

Obama is doing everything he can to reduce and eventually stop the number of people being killed in the wars started by George W. Bush.

Obama is spending alot of money, but he is attempting to solve an economic crisis he inherited that was decades in the making. It is still to be determined if his strategy is correct. I feel it is a better strategy than letting our banks, insurance companies and auto companies fail. Not that I care if the mismanged companies go under. I feel if they had gone bankrupt the affect on the average American would have been horrendous.

So, are you mad at Obama because he is spending so much or are you mad at him because you think he is going to bomb the US? I am confused.

Do you think it's ok to spend trillions of dollars we don't have, or do think it's ok for the President of the United States to have a domestic terrorist as his pal? I'm confused.

Killing people to prove to daddy how macho you are is much more repulsive than spending money you don't have.

Oh wait...

Obama is doing everything he can to reduce and eventually stop the number of people being killed in the wars started by George W. Bush.

Obama is spending alot of money, but he is attempting to solve an economic crisis he inherited that was decades in the making. It is still to be determined if his strategy is correct. I feel it is a better strategy than letting our banks, insurance companies and auto companies fail. Not that I care if the mismanged companies go under. I feel if they had gone bankrupt the affect on the average American would have been horrendous.

obama is doing nothing more than taking what was already a bad situation and fucking it up by a factor of 10.

He IS the problem.

Put the kool aide down.

There are many who absolutely hate Obama. No matter what he does they will dislike or disagree with him.

The majority of these individuals hate the reality of power and demographics in the USA. Obama represents those changes.

The power of white males in our country is decreasing. The power of non whites and women is increasing. This is a result of the changing demographics not a power grab. By 2020 Caucasians will be a minority in the US. Caucasian, especially Caucasian males, will have a redefined role in our society as compared to the past.

The days of white males dominating the power positions are over. That does not mean whites and white males will not have a very important position in our society. Rather than whining about the reality of the world and blaming Obama, it is time for whites to move on and make the most of the many opportunities they have.

I dont see a problem with him except that he thinks we can relieve ourselves by spending our way out of debt.

Jamie

Our politicians from both parties have failed to do anything on much needed health care reform for decades.
Obama needs to do something drastic to get movement on the issue. In doing so, I agree that it should not be rushed to the point it is ineffective. Flexibility must be built into the system to make changes as we learn the strengths and failures of the system created.

But without a frantic push by Obama the politicians will sit on their collective rear ends and do nothing.

i think Elmer a lot of these guys are just worried about pushing this thing through to fast....some have said ...slow down....lets take this a little slower,if they push something through this fast and it has many flaws,and things seem worse....Obama will look bad...very bad....

Oh wait...

what the fuck?
someone needs an education in history

A view of another is a reflection on the self. It is hard for me to deal with the usual criticisms of Obama's ideas because I agree with him for the most part. As you age you lose a bit of youth's idealism, you realize life in a pluralistic society isn't simple and change is the hardest thing.

The key here is we move forward, as our founders did, as Lincoln did, as FDR did, as LBJ did, and hopefully as Obama does. Take only UHC, currently a mess in the US; we spend too much. So change is required and while all the invested interests, and people opposed to change will rant and rave, for the best of the nation time for UHC.

PS Obama's doing Ok right now but I gotta leave for a bit. lol

Article - WSJ.com

Lied to get elected, that is.
huge problems facing the US were not going to be solved over night.....

Obama inherited..... Bush had doubled.... bungled wars
All this parroted, regurgitated utter nonsense has nothing to do with the broken promises. Right? Right.

Blaming Boooooosh is coming out of vogue real fast. Even Obama himself is abandoning this fifth-grader tactic.

All this parroted, regurgitated utter nonsense has nothing to do with the broken promises. Right? Right.

Blaming Boooooosh is coming out of vogue real fast. Even Obama himself is abandoning this fifth-grader tactic.

iraq and afghanistan war related problems including your deficit are BUSH's legacy and it is healthy and legitimate to point this out at every opportunity. domestic problem sure are another thing.

There are many who absolutely hate Obama. No matter what he does they will dislike or disagree with him.

The majority of these individuals hate the reality of power and demographics in the USA. Obama represents those changes.

The power of white males in our country is decreasing. The power of non whites and women is increasing. This is a result of the changing demographics not a power grab. By 2020 Caucasians will be a minority in the US. Caucasian, especially Caucasian males, will have a redefined role in our society as compared to the past.

The days of white males dominating the power positions are over. That does not mean whites and white males will not have a very important position in our society. Rather than whining about the reality of the world and blaming Obama, it is time for whites to move on and make the most of the many opportunities they have.

I cannot stand Obama's whistling S's

Opposition to Obama has nothing to do with race or 'white males.'

It has to do with him being a lying fucktard who is spending us into the poor house with his half assed attempts at social engineering America.

Keep dreaming. Obama doesn't represent jack except a bunch of blind, lemming Democrats. His ideals are fascist and so are his policies. If that's what your demographics reflect, I guess there are some jacked-up people in this country that need to live in Iran. And take your President with you, please.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

Keep dreaming. Obama doesn't represent jack except a bunch of blind, lemming Democrats. His ideals are fascist and so are his policies. If that's what your demographics reflect, I guess there are some jacked-up people in this country that need to live in Iran. And take your President with you, please.

here is a partisan post. and very well executed, too. you have experience.

iraq and afghanistan war related problems including your deficit are BUSH's legacy and it is healthy and legitimate to point this out at every opportunity. domestic problem sure are another thing.
Where's the change? Obama is continuing Bush's war policies. He's tripled and even by CBO estimates quadrupled the deficit. Blaming Boooooosh is infantile nonsense.

It's for the lazy, the sloppy, and the weak.

Lied to get elected, that is.All this parroted, regurgitated utter nonsense has nothing to do with the broken promises. Right? Right.

Where's the change? Obama is continuing Bush's war policies. He's tripled and even by CBO estimates quadrupled the deficit. Blaming Boooooosh is infantile nonsense.

It's for the lazy, the sloppy, and the weak.

fuck that. blaming bush for choosing the iraq war and neglecting the afghanistan theater is adult sense! obama inherited two wars. he has to handle them. i see a lot of change, but that is his foreign policy approach. how he addresses foreign nations. partisan assholes see that as an apology tour.

i don't agree with the way obama handles the wars. shifting troops from iraq to afghanistan comes years to late, and what i see is no clear strategy. the same shit what happened in iraq, what happened in afghanistan under soviet occupation, what happened in vietnam. and obama wants to suck in the other nations too. you know, share the load. but who calls the shots? haha.

So your philosophy seems to be..Do something just for the sake of doing something, even if it's wrong.

Forum List

Back